autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Detailers! I need help organizing/condensing my equipment! (Video)

First off, forgive my ramblings on the video, I've been awake all night setting things up and haven't slept yet. Going to travel to Orlando today from Tampa to do a 2step and full interior (minus carpet extraction) on a 2007 Camry.

I have a 2006 GMC 2500HD Duramax.

A quick break down in words of what I have and how its set up before you see the video

Drivers seat- Me

Passenger Seat- VX5000 Steamer, Floorboard is GG6 GG3" PC for carpet attachment, and drill for metal polishing.

Rear seats: Master Blaster, Metropolitan Vacuum, 50' 10ga extension cord. 2 drawer towers that contain (dirty stuff) microfibers, terry cloth, sand paper, interior brushes, vacuum/steamer/blower adapters, aquapel/dakota odor bombs, applicator sponges, etc. A large 3 drawer tower that contains good microfibers (Cobra 530/600/guzzlers) along with all my polishing/waxing pads for DA's. Also 3 milkcrates of chemicals. I don't have that big of a variety, but a few in different dilutions such as:

PERL- 3 dilutions
    Meg APC - 3 dilutions
    ARO - FS and 1:5
    M105
    M205
    D151
    2-3 diff car soaps in 16oz bottles.

Theres just a ton of stuff in those 3 things.

The rear of the truck is holding:

-70ga tank
    -Pressure Washer
    -Generator
    -Hose Reel
    -Retractable Electric cord real
    -Retractable Water Reel (To connect to customers or fill tank from my house)
    -Mechanics Chair (2 knee surgeries in the last year, can't really squat well and can't kneel at all too much swelling still)
    -Folding platform (5'7" master height checking in)
    -2 Buckets w/grit guards and numerous brushes/foam cannon, etc.

Okay, now here is the video

[youtube]65eg5FCByng[/youtube]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65eg5FCByng

My issue is, Where those 3 black milkcrates are, I have a Mytee HP60 Spyder coming sometime next week and I was planning on putting it there...

Sorry for the post being so long and scrambled. Lack of sleep and concern will do it to ya!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would buy a trailer with shelving. Maybe a 6x10. It would free up room in the truck and look more organized. But that's just my opinion. Good luck

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Detailers! I need help organizing/condensing my equipment! (Video)

+1 on trailer. That's what I am planning for the future. I'll probably wrap it with some logos and graphics for a pro look and constant advertising.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    +1 on trailer. That's what I am planning for the future. I'll probably wrap it with some logos and graphics for a pro look and constant advertising.
    Bingo. Check out my rig at Visual Pro Detailing - Home

Thats me and my truck/trailer in the main page pic. The trailer is a 6x12.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Bingo. Check out my rig at Visual Pro Detailing - Home

Thats me and my truck/trailer in the main page pic. The trailer is a 6x12.

I like the set up! I wanted to avoid a trailer but I think I might have to get one soon.

Any idea what something like that costs? I don't need anything super fancy. If I do buy a trailer it needs to be enclosed for sure though!

I am wanting to buy an RO system but I might keep renting the DI set up and buy a trailer first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigB02Z28 View Post
    I like the set up! I wanted to avoid a trailer but I think I might have to get one soon.

Any idea what something like that costs? I don't need anything super fancy. If I do buy a trailer it needs to be enclosed for sure though!

I am wanting to buy an RO system but I might keep renting the DI set up and buy a trailer first.
    Trailer was 2500+- new. Wrap was around 1500.

I figured go big or go home. I didn't want to have to do it again a couple of years ago because I went cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you need to carry so much gear to do 1 car? I work out of a pick up truck also and I have a helper so I need to keep the passenger seat open for him. Have you ever thought about using a low pressure system and ONR washes? The HP60 is heavy when filled with water may tough for one person to lift in and out of a big pick up. You are willing to travel 1 1/2 hrs to do a car? Try to carry only the gear you need for the job you are doing. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen anyone with that amount of supplies fit it in a truck. I think you would have to do away with the tank and pressure washer and go with a low pressure system or go to a van/trailer. If you didn't have a tank and the pressure washer I don't think you would have a problem putting your mytee, steamer, polisher and more chemicals in the back. I think you have done as well as you with the space you have.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    Do you need to carry so much gear to do 1 car? I work out of a pick up truck also and I have a helper so I need to keep the passenger seat open for him. Have you ever thought about using a low pressure system and ONR washes? The HP60 is heavy when filled with water may tough for one person to lift in and out of a big pick up. You are willing to travel 1 1/2 hrs to do a car? Try to carry only the gear you need for the job you are doing. Good luck.
    What you are saying makes sense, and might work for some people. It really depends if you are planning to be full time mobile or not.

Some of my reasoning for the huge getup:

1. Great advertisement piece, like a driving billboard that just says LEGITIMATE BUSINESS.

2. Its great to have a full detail shop in a trailer, you never have to worry that you forgot something that you need, because it all stays in the trailer.

3. You are always really for ANY type of appointment, whether wash and wax or a full detail. I can even run a commercial car lot washing operation out of my trailer.

4. During the winter I use an off site garage for my detailing, all I have to do is drop the trailer off at the location, and not have to move all my equipment just to be able to detail. I don't have to "move in" in order to work.

5. Some people don't have a ton of storage space, I know I don't. This way I can keep ALL of my gear in one central location at all times.

Its just something to think about, I've seen people working out of a hatchback car that were happy as a clam. As long as your setup works for you, and you can still do the level of work that you want, you should go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with a trailer is you can't always get trailer near the car. If the customer has a small narrow driveway you need to leave the trailer in the street. Depending on how long the driveway is you could be moving a lot of equipment up that driveway.

With a truck you can usually get right next to where the car is. Most equipment stays in the truck. You also have the tailgate to work on. You make a good point about being able to keep the equipment in the trailer. That's why they make locking caps or tonneau covers for the pick up bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast