autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile guys without vans . . .

Hey guys, I detail out of my 2007 Toyota Corolla. What do you guys use to carry your detailing stuff in? I'm out of room in the AG detail bag and a rolling tool box thing I got at Wal-mart. Any suggestions are welcome!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile guys without vans . . .

Milk crates, I got a few when I take stuff on the go. They are the right size to put couple spray bottles and other chemicals.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    Milk crates, I got a few when I take stuff on the go. They are the right size to put couple spray bottles and other chemicals.
    Same here.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
    +1 I got 3 at a yard sale and can fit most of what I need there, plus I stuff my towels in the wash buckets and evertyhing fits nice in a small car.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

I've added some stuff since I detailed out of my integra hatchback (so I feel your pain). but for the most part at that time I was rolling with...

-spray bottles in a large plastic bin with a flip top lid (ordered heavy duty one from global industrial)

-steamer in a smaller bin with the flip top (from home depot)

-foam pads in large rubbermaid type storage bin (target)

-MF towels in a long thin clear storage bin (target)

-polishes / clay / LSP i carry in a contractor type of tool bag. kinda like the AG bag, but smaller. found at a yard sale

-Makita rotary & griots DA in the Makita bag. porter cable in a separate small gym bag that also has extension cords, backing plates, brinkmann

-small square ridgid shop vac (4550 I think?)

the key is figuring out exactly how to maximize the space and get everything in there along with 2 buckets and maybe a sandwich for the afternoon. once you know how it all goes in place, just do that everytime like its a puzzle.
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fatmax from Home Depot with custom foam inserts to hold my bottles. All my chemicals fit in this, along with most of my brushes and applicators. I have another plastic bin for towels and one for pads. I have a canvas bag for my polishers, and another one for my metro vac. The masterblaster just sits out on its own as do my step ladder, and buckets. I don't do a ton of mobile, but I will try to remember to take a picture next time I have the Cube all loaded up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the tips so far guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Fatmax from Home Depot with custom foam inserts to hold my bottles. All my chemicals fit in this, along with most of my brushes and applicators. I have another plastic bin for towels and one for pads. I have a canvas bag for my polishers, and another one for my metro vac. The masterblaster just sits out on its own as do my step ladder, and buckets. I don't do a ton of mobile, but I will try to remember to take a picture next time I have the Cube all loaded up.
    Which FatMax do you have? I have this Stanley Hand Tools-018800R Stanley Mobile Work Center right now but one of the bigger ones might work better to replace it or be a nice addition to carry more stuff. Since I don't have room for all my detailing stuff, sometimes I will be on a detail, go to get something and remember I didn't pack it because I opted to bring something else instead. Thats a terrible feeling
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Thanks for all the tips so far guys!

Which FatMax do you have? I have this Stanley Hand Tools-018800R#Stanley Mobile Work Center right now but one of the bigger ones might work better to replace it or be a nice addition to carry more stuff. Since I don't have room for all my detailing stuff, sometimes I will be on a detail, go to get something and remember I didn't pack it because I opted to bring something else instead. Thats a terrible feeling
    I've got this one

In the top I have foam inserts with hols in them to hold all my sprayable chemicals. In the middle section I have small brushes, applicators, masking tape, razor blades and such, and in the bottom I have larger bottles of APC and WW which are really the only things I use a lot of on details, along with my bigger brushes and some all purpose MF towels.

Also since I have my garage set up how I want, I bought smaller bottles for my chemicals that just stay in the Fatmax all the time. That way I won't ever forget anything since it's always fully packed up, all I have to do for a wash and wax is grab the fat max and go. Obviously if i'm doing a correction I have to pick out which polishes I want to add per each job. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that helps a lot! Thats a great idea about having everything ready to go. But between my 10:1 and 4:1 APC, BugSquash, TarX, IronX, ARO, etc. it really starts to add up. And I store all of my products in my room lol I'm a senior in college (the same one that Keith goes to) and unfortunately don't have anywhere else to store my stuff right now. It would be hard to have separate bottles for mobile details as well as my bigger ones.
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Yeah that helps a lot! Thats a great idea about having everything ready to go. But between my 10:1 and 4:1 APC, BugSquash, TarX, IronX, ARO, etc. it really starts to add up. And I store all of my products in my room lol I'm a senior in college (the same one that Keith goes to) and unfortunately don't have anywhere else to store my stuff right now. It would be hard to have separate bottles for mobile details as well as my bigger ones.
    Well I feel sorry for you right off the bat that you have to hang out with Keith...lol

I found bottles and sprayers for $1 each. They hold 8oz of product, and about 15-18 of them will fit in the top at one time with the foam layout I have. As for APC, I do carry 32oz bottle of a couple dillutions in the taller section at the bottom of the box. Otherwise I really can't think of another chemical that you would use more than 8oz in one detail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast