autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

After a brief discussion with a forum member...

... an unanswered question remains.

For those of you that detail for profit, or to support your AG habit, how often do you recommend coatings, such as Opticoat and Cquartz, for application on daily driver vehicles?

What percentage of your DD corrections end in application these type coatings?

For those of you that are hobbiest/enthusiast, that are bombarded with product advice, and, or your services from friends and family: How many takers on these type coatings after full correction on DD's?

Thank you...and thank you Audios S6 for piquing my curiosity.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After a brief discussion with a forum member...

I offer the products to all customers and explain the difference between Opti-Coat and CQuartz, most are not interested. I don't understand why but it's the hand I've been dealt.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Most people don't want it especially on dd. they don't want tipsy for a full correction.
    For vehicles that I know people don't take care of and I know they won't have me wax it regularly , I offer it and prob get around 20 ppl a year(est) +\-.

Post Thanks / Like

I offer the coatings to the majority of my clients whether it be a daily driver or an exotic. I think that most balk at the idea due to the initial cost of application. A DD owner will be hard pressed to spend 800 or so bucks on his/her car. Should they? Absolutely. The long term benefits are proven. Its all about dollars and cents IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I offer the products to all customers and explain the difference between Opti-Coat and CQuartz, most are not interested. I don't understand why but it's the hand I've been dealt.

Same boat here. I offer it to most of my customers but most won't spend the initial money for the paint correction and then the opti-coat/cquartz.

I have a few customers who have taken me up on it and were thrilled with it. But they are few and far between.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't offer CQ to anyone, because I won't stake my reputation on a product that works sometimes. I get ot know my customer fairly well, and offer OG to the customers I think would benefit from it, or would be interested in it. If it was a battle to get a guy to get a one step correction done, I'm not going to waste my, or the customer's, time trying to sell him something I know he isn't going to buy.

That said, I would say I offer OG to about 50% of my customers, and of that 50% and about half of them end up getting in.

Post Thanks / Like

I provide information to my clients about both Opti-Coat and CQuartz. I made a pamphlet with info on it that details the processes required to prep the vehicle before application of the products. It also directs them to website info about each product. I do not push Opti-Coat and CQuartz. If they are interested then they let me know. Usually the new car owners are the most interested since they just made a big investment.

I actually do not enjoy the sealing process at all - it takes so much time in proper prep and you have to be uber careful. I feel like I lose money with every coating job because the prep takes so much care.

-Sparty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for posting . I see a pattern here. I'm willing to bet that the dealership protection packages are not well received by the new car customer.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    10-04. I agree. Even though I don't offer coating, I will discuss them. Usually get the blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile detail View Post
    Most people don't want it especially on dd. they don't want to pay for a full correction.
    For vehicles that I know people don't take care of and I know they won't have me wax it regularly , I offer it and prob get around 20 ppl a year(est) +-.
    It's funny to me when a person will point out 2-3 problem areas or scratches - but not want correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    I offer the coatings to the majority of my clients whether it be a daily driver or an exotic. I think that most balk at the idea due to the initial cost of application. A DD owner will be hard pressed to spend 800 or so bucks on his/her car. Should they? Absolutely. The long term benefits are proven. Its all about dollars and cents IMO.
    True indeed.Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    Same boat here. I offer it to most of my customers but most won't spend the initial money for the paint correction and then the opti-coat/cquartz.

I have a few customers who have taken me up on it and were thrilled with it. But they are few and far between.
    When I first zeroed in on my market, I was having a hard time getting those to commit to full correction.
    Guess it's like the old saying - hang around the barber shop long enough, eventually you'll get a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    I don't offer CQ to anyone, because I won't stake my reputation on a product that works sometimes. I get ot know my customer fairly well, and offer OG to the customers I think would benefit from it, or would be interested in it. If it was a battle to get a guy to get a one step correction done, I'm not going to waste my, or the customer's, time trying to sell him something I know he isn't going to buy.

That said, I would say I offer OG to about 50% of my customers, and of that 50% and about half of them end up getting in.
    Wisely said hand. Good info.
    I have close association with my customers also. Key component to keeping them as maintenence customer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sparty View Post
    I provide information to my clients about both Opti-Coat and CQuartz. I made a pamphlet with info on it that details the processes required to prep the vehicle before application of the products. It also directs them to website info about each product. I do not push Opti-Coat and CQuartz. If they are interested then they let me know. Usually the new car owners are the most interested since they just made a big investment.

I actually do not enjoy the sealing process at all - it takes so much time in proper prep and you have to be uber careful. I feel like I lose money with every coating job because the prep takes so much care.

-Sparty
    Smart move hand. I need to use this tool myself -for the processes that I do offer.

It's not easy to get a customer or a prospect to commit to full correction. Most just want clean and shiny. And when I do get them to commit, it's not long before most are back as maintenence customers.
    Some of my customers are 'keeping up with the Jone's' type - neighbors.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    I see a pattern here. I'm willing to bet that the dealership protection packages are not well received by the new car customer.
    Ya think? I think people are more likely to pay the dealer to put on some sealant that will only last 6 months and has a bogus warranty, than to pay a detailer the same amount to polish and Opti-Coat their car. I'd guess that 10-25% of new car customers opt for it, but I'd also guess that the ones that don't, maybe 1% of them would go to a detailer for a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ya think? I think people are more likely to pay the dealer to put on some sealant that will only last 6 months and has a bogus warranty, than to pay a detailer the same amount to polish and Opti-Coat their car. I'd guess that 10-25% of new car customers opt for it, but I'd also guess that the ones that don't, maybe 1% of them would go to a detailer for a coating.
    And, it can be financed. 4-6 years of intrest on a crappy seal job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast