autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New website - please comment if you have a min

just a quick update here

site has been active for just over a month. I've been doing my best to create a buzz and get some inbound links

my google places link does not show yet in the results BUT currently if you google search 'long island auto detailing' or 'mobile detailing long island' my link shows up on the FIRST page

now I have to try and keep it there
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing i dont like is the service page. Its way to hard for me to stop and read. you need to clean that up a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. Some nice work also

Post Thanks / Like

now its not on google first page anymore. still pretty close though. and its only been active 6 weeks

not sure what the confusion is with the services page. what is way too hard about it? I find some other detailers services pages to be confusing but thought mine was pretty clear.

thanks again for the comments

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bryan, I love that your actively pushing your business to the next level. I own a digital marketing firm and its great you have a website up and running. I'd love to help you make it even better! I see you already have Google Analytics, that's great! Combined with Google Webmasters, You have a great combination of knowing and understanding the vitals of your site.

Let's have some fun. First, I noticed that your title tag is 41 characters including spaces "Long Island Auto Detailing by Mr. Sparkle". The title tag along with anchor text in backlinks are some of the primary focuses for ranking. You can have up to 65 characters with spaces in your title tag to get the long tail keywords and still rank strongly in results. So you may want to consider something like

"Long Island Mobile Car and Auto Detailing Service| My Sparkle"

Now you have keyword combinations of
    Long Island mobile car/auto detailing, Long Island mobile car/auto detailing service, Long Island car detailing, Long Island auto detailing, and you'll still rank for Mr Sparkle. You will rank for alot more terms and produce alot more targeted traffic, which means more profit.

It might also be great to swap out your pic and "about the owner" and focus more on the benefits the prospect will get if they work with you. You can put one of your glory shots where your picture is. We are selfish people, we want to know "What's in it for me?" that's a perfect opportunity. The current "meet the owner" could then go on the about page and make it more beefy.

Marketing yourself differently, you can also make more profit. Being an auto detailer myself, I know that you can get top dollar depending on how you market your services. For example, your exterior package is $25 for one hour. That includes your expenses like gas, materials, depreciation and labor. In a very good case you could be making $15/hr for labor. You can make alot more than that. When doing your prices, think of labor, time and materials. If you want to make $25/hr add how much the material cost you to do that package and the gas that will be the average and add them all together. Then you can build a business that you can start hiring people and make a profit.

Hope this isn't too much. Just wanted to help your grow your small business

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

I also noticed that you have canonical issues. For example if I type in

mrsparkledetailing.com and
    mrsparkledetailing.com with www. in front

they appear as two separate URL's. I did notice that index.php is directed. That's good, it would be great if everything was redirected to www. so the index redirect would point you to Long Island Auto Detailing: Mr. Sparkle Mobile Detailing

Typing mrsparkledetailing.com would direct you to www.mysparkledetailing.com

This is important because right now your website is viewed by search engines as two separate websites.

mrsparkledetailing and www.mrsparkeldetailing.com, so redirecting would let them know and point all of your backlinks to one URL, Long Island Auto Detailing: Mr. Sparkle Mobile Detailing. Your backlinks can be being viewed as two separate sites as well, so it does play a role in search rankings.

To fix this, just go to your , .htaccess file in your public_html folder and use these commands.

RewriteRule ^index(.*)$ http://www.yourdomain.com [L,R=301]

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^yourdomain.com [NC]
    RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [L,R=301]

Upload it and hit the road!

PS. You might also want to submit a .xml sitemap to Google Webmasters and have an html sitemap on your site as well.

Post Thanks / Like

looks excellent. Looks professional and it's easy to use. The header looks really awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you invested $800.00 in the vx 5000 you might want to play it up more. Other detailer may not have this. Add a photo, or video, of the vx 5000 injecting steam into one dash vent and boiling out a vent on the otherside of the dashboard. "Remove those LIE odors from your car" (Long Island Expressway)
    Regards,
    Mike Stephenson

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the comments

great recommendation to showcase the steam cleaner more. I should do a video for the blog. good call

Regarding all of the SEO advice from Wes, I appreciate you trying to help. I paid to have the site designed by a professional and it is through that advice that the website stands as it is. I'll consider what you mentioned but I likely will not make very many changes.

I'm also currently am unable to keep up with my demand (between full time job and freezing temps). So any major changes aren't necessary for now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast