autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Made my First Video!

Well not really my first but the first one I think I will be using on my website- Check it out leave feedback!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDE_digm1E]Shine Time Mobile Auto Detail St. Louis - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Made my First Video!

Tom...

Good start to the video, but you may want to consider doing this over, with someone as the camera man or with the shot directly in front of the camera, not on an angle. Consider redoing the video without the van behind the seat. When you start spraying the seat with product, people may think "that stuff is going to get on the van..." atleast thats what I thought. Makes me, as a customer, alittle nervous about letting you touch my car, since you aren't worried about the van. If you're doing a presentation video for a service that your company offers, you may want to make it appear alittle more professionally done by not jumping up to pan, tilt and zoom in (this is where I recommend someone being the camera man). When you go from "and now I'm going to use the hot water extractor....but first I'll steam it again" people may think you're an amature. If you have some editing software, maybe skip showing the repeated step and jump straight to the end. Now that can be viewed differently...some may want to see it all the way through.And my last suggestion would be to always look at the camera and not around.

I watched this video with the customer in mind, thinking what would my reaction be if I were trying to locate a professional detailer? I apologize if this criticism is taken the wrong way, or if I insulted you...no disrespect at all. What was really interesting to me was the tools that were used.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I made this video was because I knew I could shoot it by myself because the seats where out of the car. The whole deal with the van was I really didn't care about it-Just the truth lol. The thing while shooting the steam twice was because the extractor got unplugged somehow in the process- And finally the angle was because of the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

You did an awesome job cleaning the seat...that seat is clean as heck. I was just dropping my 2 cents.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

No hard feelings at all While I was watching the video I thought of all the stuff you did but I figured no one else that advertises here in STL has any video's. So something is better than nothing- I want to do a video of an entire detail and edit it to about 15 minutes if that's possible lol

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

It's not only an impressive video, it's a great tutorial on upholstery cleaning the right way!!

If this was your first video I can't wait to the second!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    ...but I figured no one else that advertises here in STL has any video's. So something is better than nothing
    And thats a great reason for you to make an even better video. You offer a unique service. You have equipment that not alot of people have/can afford. I'm fittin to go get me a little green machine this weekend for my side business...you got a for real life hot water extractor! You cleaned the CHIT out of that seat. Make it even better and you'll get more customers.
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like

alko is right. even my wife was watching the video beside me and instantly commented on the crime of the "overspray" on the van. i hate to be blunt, but that alone would be enough for me not to let you do my vehicle. especially when you said you didn't care about the van.....it was obvious.
    take alko's tips and redo the video.

Post Thanks / Like

It was just water being sprayed on it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean to tell me that you wouldn't let him clean your seats just because he sprayed a little water on the back of his van?? lol, come on now. That's just looking for a reason at that point.

Fact of the matter is...he's got all the right tools and technique to charge appropriately and professionally clean upholstery. That's what the video was showcasing...and I felt it was done well.

Maybe you have to have a mobile van to understand why he wasn't concerned about the van. It's a work van...water ain't gonna hurt it any. Also, a lot of times your van plays a large role in blocking the sun so you can work in a cool area. That was my first thought when I saw him up against the van like that.

Nice job on that seat!!! I'd let you clean my seats any day...you know, being that I didn't have all the right tools myself! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast