autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics

Very nice set-up!! Everything is well organized and made to be steady and secure. Lots of work must have gone into planning and building it!! Congrats and good job!

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Nice planning and execution! Looks very well thought out! You should be very proud of it! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BorisC View Post
    Awesome trailer setup. After looking at everything I feel like I have nothing. Guess I'll have to go order more stuff.

2 bucket caddy is a great idea. May have to 'borrow' the idea & build one of my own.
    I made it entirely out of 2x4s and 1x6s for the base for the buckets and one dowel rod for the handle. It has swivel wheels that lock as well so it doesnt roll away. I used a router to round off all of the edges to give it a smooth look. It actually was pretty easy to make!

Quote Originally Posted by cheffery View Post
    Lol I feel blind now!!! That big old tent staring right back at me lol what size tank do you have and on average how many cars do you get on a full tank?
    the tank is a 50 gal. and I can do a traditional wash on 2 cars and have a little left over. of coarse I am careful how much water I use so I don't run out.
    David

Post Thanks / Like

That's AWESOME! Congrats man!
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressive setup!! It's so clean and organized.. I saw some things I might "steal" from you.. like the way you have your polishers hung up. that's so cool!! great setup man!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea, isn't the bungie cord the most useful thing for us mobile guys?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

your trailer is a work of art. Very organized. if i can figure out how, i will post my trailer pics. i just redid the whole thing and i'm very proud.
    I bought the trailer 3 years ago pre-made. since then I have redone everything. I've upgraded the tank to a 270 gallon tank. A local business gave it to me for free and have more if i need them. i had to upgrade the axle and leafsprings to accomodate the added weight. even still, i rarely fill it more than halfway to the top (the red line) just to be safe.
    i put in new double thick 3/4" treated wood so it wont rot again. i put down cheap vinyl flooring just for looks. it wont last long but was easy to add. i used a door hole drill and put some big holes in the floor and covered them with standard sink drains and it looks and works great. no more standing water to rot my floor.
    the tank is huge but with the aluminum cage and flat top, i now have tons of room to mount spray bottle holders and anything i want. some of the spray bottle holders are old stainless steel speedracks from a bar a used to manage.
    the front on the inside is just a regular shelf secured to the wall and lots of bungee cords.
    i had a local company do the chrome decals on the outside and the black decals on the truck. all the diamond plate bling on the truck is cheap stuff i bought on line and installed myself.
    i have enough extra equipment so i'm going to mount my small generator, pressure washer and tank in the bed of my truck as an extra. that way if i have two jobs i can drop of the trailer and take the truck to the second job. i just need to figure out the cheapest way to put the equipment in the back of the truck with some sort of rollout so i can access everything easily.
    a paid a ton of money for the original trailer, water tank, generator and pressure washer. i could have done it myself for less than half the price. these pre-made trailers are good for the guy just getting started if they have a lot of start up cash but the experienced detailer can save a ton just doing it themselves.
    i like the way you use the electric pump to keep the water flow going. nice idea.
    let me know if you guys have any questions or if you have some suggestions for me.

Glenn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0657-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0659-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0662-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0672-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0664-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0663-jpg   My Detail Trailer! Lots of pics-img_0666-jpg  
    Last edited by jglennwj; 05-18-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Next time copy the location online where the image is and then click the after that paste the location and click enter. It should have some img tags around it.

Here it is for easier viewing:

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing set up, I love how you customized everything for exactly what you needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice set up! You're giving me ideas, even though I don't have a trailer.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast