autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

this post is exclusive to autogeek community.
    Hi Mike , got your advice to write this up...

i hope it will inspire new detailers and new business detailers , and the old one`s too.
    i move to Austin , Tx in february 2010. i was jobless for 2 months, new city , no income and trash by some POS company where i had 2 interviews and they not even told me they got someone else.

i detail as side for 1year and a half but not exotics or stuff like this.
    in april i got my dba and i plan the business: luxury and exotics
    yes! u have to plan that, is all about planing and goals.
    i use a simple software to get my website together. the first 2-3 months in business i charge up to 30-50% off and get things moving.

i did hit few forums , but no luck. i did try magazine ad , no luck , i did hit few dealership doors and they kind of laugh at me but i told them straight: "u will hear about me sooner or later!" , i left bcards in car windows , i give bcards everywhere. NOTHING , some things works for others some not. but i did try it.

finally i start reading about marketing and got adwords google , and few more others web marketing stuff. another boom was p-cards , is a big investment but it pays in a long run.

after 8 months of detailing as a business i rich and beat my goal every time , got from jobless to $5200 a month. and i know i can pull 6-7 by myself and have sunday and maybe some saturdays off.
    as cars.... i work on dream cars: 55 ferrari ( Formula F1 , Enzo , 458 ,california , 599, f430 , 360 , 612 scaglietti, testarossa , maranello, 355) , 12 porsche , 2 bentley , 1 aston martin , 1 rolls royce and a lot more bmw, mercedes etc. wasn`t all of them corrections or polish involved , but not everyone want the full deal. u have to adapt your service to get the most out of it.

my future plans is get a helper in 3-4 mo from now and push to 10k a month. i know is possible , is just have to get the right ingredients... and i will have them.

about dealer work , is good to have an account if they can afford your service. of course i try get a deal from there , i do give a deal price in exchange of giving out some business cards.
    as soon as i start as a business i realize that getting regular clients is a big step. monthly or weekly is just great.

when i have a new client i usually go to see the car first , inspected , talk with the owner and after that i shoot an email with few quotes based of what needs to be done and what i think will help to get a better condition of the paint /interior.
    when i email a quote i always put 30 days expiration , i give available days to be choose.
    if the client is serious about getting the car detailed is all set , the day time , and the process. i focus on 1 -2 cars a day , but if light maintenance as wash wax , i can pull few cars a day.

talking about competition.... my first words was... "i don`t care". are a lot of cars in this town and is up to each one to get the best out of it. so i see my things and they see theirs...i am friendly and open to any detailers gtg , or similar things .
    i don`t see competition as competition. i know they are there they do good /great jobs but i have other things to focus on than waste time what A or B does. i have my own plans and rules and i follow them.

in the last few mo , 1/2 from each mo income went back to marketing. if u are superman and no one knows , u are nothing! so get your word out.
    if u plan make profit from detailing think it as a business , is more important. if u focus on detailing u may loose some bucks , clients , time and energy.
    i see few post here and there of "how" a detail should be... well when u detail for living things change, u don`t have time for 200 pictures from 20 angles each wheel.
    what`s on my schedule: correction on black porsche 911 , correction on black GTR`s, 2011 white bentley correction , maybe a light polish GT40 to get it ready for sale - pending.
    english is my second language so don`t be mean.
    Time is Money!
    Think first , Money after!
    Cosmin

as you can see the winter affect me a little , but spring and summer is where my plans are.

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

2. Thanks TheBandit thanked for this post
    Likes rangerbay, MTLean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

Sounds like you have definitly been doing things right. Most importantly is probably how determined you were. There are always so many reasons to just throw in the towel and give up, you were clearly not going to let that be an option. I'm happy for you and also a little jealous of all those cars you get to get your hands on.

Congratulations on establishing yourself, and keep working hard.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Wow man, that is definitely some inspiration!!!

Thanks for taking the time to share!

And last but not least, Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Other than, as you stated, English not being your first language..this was a dam good post.

The growth you have posted, if accurate is very amazing for such a short time. Wish my business grew at the same rate as yours...but I guess there is a big difference between Austin, TX and rural northeast Georgia.

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost I want to say thanks for posting here and telling us what's up with getting a high-end detailing business going. The part where you say if you want to work on high end and exotics you have to plan it. Can you elaborate on that?

This is what I want to do and if I am understanding you correctly you are saying you can't advertise with piece of paper with your name on it when you want the high end work. It needs to be classy and technical. Technical in the sense that you need to think about who the customer is that you want. Based on the car they want the best of everything, the best look, the best clothes best food etc.

So right from the get go you also need to come off as the upscale and premier service provider around. If you look like the best-they will want you. Would you say that once you are in with one to two of them chances are you are in with the majority?

I am guessing at the level they are at they probably know one another through business deals, hanging out at the same golf courses etc. And all talk about there cars.

I am getting a little carried away here and am kinda losing what I am trying to say. I guess what I am asking is, if that is work you/I want to attain I need to tailor everything to that scale and only that scale of work?

I probably lost you in that jumble of words because I am kinda lost in it haha. What I mean to say is I want that work, so what would be my first step in the right direction to obtaining it? I don't have Alot of money to spend on advertising right now.

Thanks again-it's a great post. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Great article.

As I was reading I found a lot of similarities when I started my business and went for it to make it my fulltime job. Looks like you are on your way to having a successful business.

Congratulations
    SHOW N SHINE DETAILING
    "BRINGING THE SHINE BACK TO YOUR RIDE"

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your business starting to blossom and bloom.

As you gain new clients you get repeat clients as well.

Mind if you post a portfolio of your work? I love seeing 50/50 shots

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmin,

An absolutely impressive and inspirational post!

You've come along way but through had work and perseverance you're living the dream. You live in the US, you own your own business, you're making excellent money, and work on some of the fines automobiles ever produced!

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride!

Congratulations and Welcome to Autogeek!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! Good job on the business!

Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like a real go getter who went out and got it. Great job, and it should be great inspiration to others!
    John
    Mean people suck

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast