autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 55 Ferraris , 12 Porsches , 2 Bentleys + .. in 8 months!

I totally hear what your saying about meeting your customers needs. Still just to maybe throw in what everyone else is thinking. It's hard to to want to make every car look perfect, since most of us are proably OCD about detailing . But your right on the money that spending 8 hours on polishing when you could have made the customer just as happy with only 2 hours of polishing is a huge difference on time and sweat your putting in. And it is true, time is money and you don't get any time back.
    Kelly Davis
    Maximum Mobile Detailing
    www.maximummd.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pics are the last thing on my mind when I have a cliet waiting for thier car, but after they pick up thier vehicle I think D#@% I should've took before and after shoots.....
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Cosmin,

An absolutely impressive and inspirational post!

You've come along way but through had work and perseverance you're living the dream. You live in the US, you own your own business, you're making excellent money, and work on some of the fines automobiles ever produced!

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride!

Congratulations and Welcome to Autogeek!
    YOU easily have some of the best posts on this forum!!!

Great job, Cosmin.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmin, great write up man. It sounds like you have really made Austin home and have worked yourself right into the perfect position to make a great start for the new year. We need to catch up and maybe have some lunch sometime. It sounds like business really took off since the Tri-Mark show when I met you. Its awesome that you have been able to build this into what you were hopeing for.

Many congratulations man.
    Blake..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfowkes View Post
    It sounds like business really took off since the Tri-Mark show when I met you. Its awesome that you have been able to build this into what you were hopeing for.
    Many congratulations man.
    Blake..
    Hi Blake , i hope u doing well too , i use to go at car shows but i found them a waist of time.
    most of the car owners that goes there they maintain their car by themselves plus they have a big ego, are stubborn and cheap!
    they are not on my list.... a max 2-3% are more open to new products , tehniq and willing to invest and learn how to have and keep a show car finish.
    about what i do.. i am still in the building stage. i should l rich a full potential by next summer
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmin right, I am in college now so I only book details when I dont have class or hockey. I knew christmas break was coming so I put the word out there for a christmas special and this week alone I have made $775 and that was working 4 days. If you can get the word out there about your company and people start talking about how good your work is you will be booked solid making 4K plus a month. When I saw how much I made in 4 days the first week of break I can't wait to be done with school and do it full time.

The key is to never give up things might start out slow but stay with it and your business will turn around. When time get tuff barry your head and keep driving your feet till you come out on top
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the posts and reply's on this thread. I'm in agreement with you on the iron sharpens iron statement. I love cars and cleaning them so much that I will talk to anyone and everyone that is interested in hearing about it. There are plenty of cars out there and only 1 me. I don't need to trash anyone else's work to make mine look better.

I worked for a dealership back in 1999 and was pretty good at detailing. I've learned a lot more about detailing since then. My speed has slowed down quite a bit. I'm still working on giving the people what they want and still make money at it. I think it is a combination of becoming more efficient and charging what the work is worth. Not everyone wants a show car detail and most people don't know the difference between a swirl and a squirrel.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    The key is to never give up things might start out slow but stay with it and your business will turn around. When time get tuff barry your head and keep driving your feet till you come out on top
    you are right on that!

**a quick update to this post... AFTER 1year of business

i have a little over 1 year in business , i am still active and get jobs done.
    i look over my records and i have a total of 100 clients/open accounts since april 2010, and an average of $500 each.
    i can say that my goal from last year rich and i got few record numbers this year.

But the business is not steady and constant to have a reason to hire a helper. having some down side in business it may be because i did not market so aggressive like last year, but i did feel a lot of return clients from last year and that show me that my projections are right and i am still in the building stage.

any thoughts ... are welcome!
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

You are an inspiration. Excellent job at growing your business, and thank you for sharing.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Super Member Desert Detail & More's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, I hope to soon be there. I got a different approach, i get me new customers, and get them to do repeat business, and maintain their vehicles. I will one day knock out some exotics, but got to get my name out first in this small town before I venture up in the big city. I love what I do, and money will come later, so I get what I need before I do this full time.
    Desert Detail

89 Toyota Cressida with a 2JZ....... Mmmmmmm boost.......

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast