autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marketing ????

Post Thanks / Like

Marketing ????

How do you guysget new customers? who do you market?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marketing ????

Go to exotic and antique car shows and sell your services to the owners of cars, if you can get just one person to use you from one show the word spreads quick. I met a guy at an antique car show with an 83 ram 150 who let me work on his car, now I handle all the cars for his mopar club. 1 car turns into 20 pretty quickly.

Also if you go to shows before they start with your detailing supplies and let people know what you do, they will always want you to touch up little things they missed at home. If you can help someone with a little tire shine, or cleaning their windows; give them a card and they will probably give you a call down the road.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

thats A good idea. Thanks for the advice.how can I find out about all the shows in my area? we normally just go to the big shows, Im going to start going to all the small shows and cruise nights as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streamlinekusto View Post
    thats A good idea. Thanks for the advice.how can I find out about all the shows in my area? we normally just go to the big shows, Im going to start going to all the small shows and cruise nights as well.
    Google it, in my area there is a big show about every 2 months, and small shows about every week. I try to have on of my customer's cars in every show even if it takes paying their fee to get them there. There are 4 mopars in Sarasota with my 6x 1" company sticker on their corner window, it gets noticed all the time and gets people interested in who keeps the cars as nice as they are.

You may want to make a few vinyl stickers varying in size from 6 inches to about a foot long and see how many buddies you can get to rock them. Just give you friends a cheap wash once a week to put them on and they will give you business especially if they have nice cars. It really all about word of mouth, if you do good work people will sell it for you, if your work is on the same level as the detailer down the street you will struggle. Also the better products you use, the better your work will be. Don't be the same as everyone else around, be better.

Good luck with everything, If you have a website I would like to see what you do. Do you have any before and after pics?
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jon, I noticed on your site you have "minor dent removal," where did you learn how to do PDR and how hard is it to remove the small door dings and such, I was thinking about learning the trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011wahoo View Post
    Hey Jon, I noticed on your site you have "minor dent removal," where did you learn how to do PDR and how hard is it to remove the small door dings and such, I was thinking about learning the trade.
    I learned how to do PDR from a friend who works in a body shop and does a lot of dent removal for customers on a tight budget. Door dings are typically pretty easy to remove providing the metal hasn't been creased in any way. Creases normally means leveling from the inside and that will cost the customer a pretty penny.

Ultra Dent Tools is the company I buy my tools from, mainly the taps and such. Their tools are a little pricey. You can get a decent PDR kit for about $300. It will normally have a double sided hammer, a few poppers, taps, glue and Tbar, and a few bar pushers.

I also recommend the lanka rock chip repair kit for add on services. With it you can do really nice touch up painting.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think there is a local cruise night this weekend. I'm gonna go and give it a try. should I maybe offer a free touch up or something, to get some attention ?
    As far as before and after photos, I hardly remember to take pics , but when I do its always after I start the job.I know I really need to work on that. Well anyway , than for all the advise you guys have come up with some great ideas,I like the idea of giving sticker, I guess even starting a care club would be good for business, I also do body and paint repair, custom paint rims ect, and think I should use that to set me apart from the competition. what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streamlinekusto View Post
    Yeah I think there is a local cruise night this weekend. I'm gonna go and give it a try. should I maybe offer a free touch up or something, to get some attention ?

I also do body and paint repair, custom paint rims ect, and think I should use that to set me apart from the competition. what do you think?
    Do whatever it takes to get more business even if it isn't the conventional detailing you like doing. You can set up a website to advertise and have fliers with your services listed for people to look at. For instance, if I ran into you and you gave me a flier with wheel painting listed, I would most likely hire you. I want my wheels painted black professionally but do not have the time to let it sit at a shop for a few days. Sell yourself and your services and display confidence in your abilities.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I leverage the online classifieds when I need new customers. Check this thread out for some ideas. You can gear it toward any group you want. I just gave an example of a generic type ad to attract any and all customers. You could write it specifically for car show attendees as well without difficulty.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast