autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep your options simple...

So I have done a lot of research on the pros and cons of different marketing strategies, and this is what I feel will work the best for me.

I am offering (3) options with several al la carte services.

First is the Mini-Detail , which covers the basics of making a Camry look good.

Second is the Regular Detail, which covers the basics of making a high-end DD look good for an extended period of time. (i.e. Escalade of a housewife)

Third is the Full Detail, which covers everything, including the steps that only I would notice This one I sell as the best of the best, with products you can't really justify buying on your own. (i.e. wax that costs as much as a used Honda)

As toward al la carte, I feel that customers being able to "shop" in a "cafeteria style" setting is important in regards to consistant business from them. i.e. they can get their engine detailed in March, and their paint waxed in July. I would note that I include a paint sealant in all packages, so their vehicles are always protected, even if they decide to take it to some idiot in a parking lot

This may be pretty typical to some of you, but in my area, it seems that certain services are "forced" on you as part of a package, whether you want them or not.. Before I began detailing, this was the biggest reason I would say no to a particular detailer - I wanted to choose what I paid for.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keep your options simple...

I don't do this for a living but I agree with the keep it simple approach. When I did consider doing this for a living, I thought through a lot of this stuff and came up with 3 packages but had 3-5 upsell things (engine clean, headlight restoration etc). These upsell items were intended to add more profit but not add a whole lot of time. You could justify adding something like an engine detail in your 'best'package' as long as it was built into the price.

I also spent some time writing up a restaurant style menu that while it was a cool idea and kinda catchy quickly became overwhelming and might not be ideal for customers.

Think: appetizer, entree, dessert....pick 2 appetizer and an entree get a free dessert.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant cafeteria style in the sense that you get to pick what you want Not an actual restaurant menu..... That would be new though....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MobolWerks View Post
    I meant cafeteria style in the sense that you get to pick what you want Not an actual restaurant menu..... That would be new though....
    can you explain the difference between a mini-detail and a regular detail?
    Kris R
    360detail.com