autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Business Name frustration!

I've never been really happy with my business name. And in recent months Ive decided that I need to do something about it before my business takes off.

It just doesnt have the feel i want. I mean I can see what I want in my head, i see others names and go "wow thats tight!" but I cant make the words in my head to properly represent me.

Obviously I want professionalism. I want something that says top of the line! Elite! Luxury!

One thing about detailing is there are SOO many detailers out there. Excuse my generalization but there are a ton of high school drop outs that will wash your car for you and call themselves detailers. I want to set myself apart from them image wise. A guy driving a 100k vehicle isnt going to call BIG TOMS AUTO DETAILING with a logo of a cartoon washing a car you know?

Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Business Name frustration!

You wanted elite..... " Elite Detailing"
    John
    Mean people suck

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 360_detail View Post

It just doesn't have the feel i want. I mean I can see what I want in my head, i see others names and go "wow thats tight!" but I cant make the words in my head to properly represent me.
    My friend Joe, aka Superior Shine once commented that he sometimes wish he chose a different name than Superior Shine just because everyone and their brother was naming their business Superior this or that or Shine this or that nd he commented that if he had to do it over again he would go with

MonsterDetail.com

Which I registered as a joke but let the domain name lapse and now some domain name company has it for sell.

Whatever you decide to go with, read through some of the suggestions here as a some ideas to guide you...

How to choose a name for your detailing business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    My friend Joe, aka Superior Shine once commented that he sometimes wish he chose a different name than Superior Shine just because everyone and their brother was naming their business Superior this or that or Shine this or that nd he commented that if he had to do it over again he would go with

MonsterDetail.com

Which I registered as a joke but let the domain name lapse and now some domain name company has it for sell.

Whatever you decide to go with, read through some of the suggestions here as a some ideas to guide you...

How to choose a name for your detailing business

Thats exactly what Im going through. I thought 360 was simple but everythings 360 now.

In the last month I saw Garnier 360 hair shampoo on tv
    Swiffer 360
    anderson cooper 360.

What the Hell?? I came up with something original a year and a half ago and now everyone is using it.

MonsterDetail is awesome because I drink Monster energy EVERY DAY lol
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    You wanted elite..... " Elite Detailing"
    yeah thats just it...everyone is elite. now they need to make a new word that says few among many, the best of the best because elite has been used, abused, cheapened and left dirty.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quality Detailing... Prime Detailing....Exclusive Detailing, I looked up synonyms for elite.
    John
    Mean people suck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpegs13 View Post
    Quality Detailing... Prime Detailing....Exclusive Detailing, I looked up synonyms for elite.
    Yeah I like those too...theres a site called think map that has a visual thesaurus. its pretty cool.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you want it to scream "THE BEST"...I registered SovereignDetail.com back when I was going to use that kind of name. Never used it, just decided to use my name.

I was also kicking around the idea of something with "Premier" in the title and the only original one I came up with was Premier Detailing Systems.

If you want to use one of those, let me know. I'd be willing to get rid of the domains.

Around here there is an Elite, Xtreme, Quality, Superior, Ultimate and a couple of others that have names like that. It's hard to find a unique name in that crowd.

DLB

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 360_detail View Post

MonsterDetail is awesome because I drink Monster energy EVERY DAY lol

I believe MonsterDetail.NET is available but might not be for much longer if someone else like it...

There's a chunk of advice that I've been using myself for years and I give away freely, let me write an article about it real quick as it relates to this topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe just add to your existing name ... Perfect 360 Detail, or Ultimate 360 Detail. Or just liven up your logo and add a catch phrase that you like, which can be a short sentence, to still include the 360 idea. I think the name you have is unique enough with a little tweaking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast