autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how should I figure out my price for detailing

I have been detailing for about 6 months now and have been doing it for friends and family for a little pocket change. I have recently started getting my name out a lot and am starting to pick up a lot of business. I was wondering what is the best way to figure out what my costs for doing details would be and also figuring out what I should charge for details. I have a PC and all the products associated with doing almost every detailing job. I have a lot of practice on fairly expensive vehicles so I believe I am able to give a customer the best. I don't mean to brag but I figure this skill should be associated with the price. I have done full exterior details of F250's for $100 and $80 for cars. I would love anyones help on figuring out these numbers.
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how should I figure out my price for detailing

Well to start call around to see what your competitors are getting to start....then figure out if they are hack details and decide if you can "sell" yourself for higher prices and go after a different market or try to get their customers. Figure out how much it cost you to detail their cars with supplies, how long will it take you on average and how much an hour you want to make, and add at least 10% for a little profit and for future equipment and go from there....Are you mobile then "sell" the convince of you going to them by charging them more than the fixed shop down the street that they have to drop their car off and pick it up at the end of the day...This means alot to most of my customers who are busy people who dont want to go out of their way to get their car cleaned.

Dont forget to get registered with your county and dont forget to add insurance to the price to your detail.....Be a pro detailer and you can make a fair wage for your work.

Post Thanks / Like

I am mobile. There is only one guy who owns a little carwash place down the street. Other than that it is all self service quarter washes and drive through washes. As far as I know there is no one who does swirl removal, polishing of any type of machine work. I have tried to think of ways to figure up how much all my materials cost every detail but I have had no luck. I have kept track of all of my supplies and how much they cost but as many people know, you never use the same amount every time. Also, were would I go to find out about insurance. I have thought about it but have just charged for it and set a little account aside for any times where there might be damages.

Post Thanks / Like

I would base your prices on your skill level and competitors in the area

Bella Macchina:The Art of Detailing
    Services/Pricing
    Presidential Automotive Detailing - Tampa, FL
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Figure $50 / hr then base your prices off that. Then if you feel your market can't handle that price, just sale a service is discounted, and keep your original price as the "base"

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bawiy1904 View Post
    I am mobile. There is only one guy who owns a little carwash place down the street. Other than that it is all self service quarter washes and drive through washes. As far as I know there is no one who does swirl removal, polishing of any type of machine work. I have tried to think of ways to figure up how much all my materials cost every detail but I have had no luck. I have kept track of all of my supplies and how much they cost but as many people know, you never use the same amount every time. Also, were would I go to find out about insurance. I have thought about it but have just charged for it and set a little account aside for any times where there might be damages.
    It depends where you live as far a pricing but click on sullys price guide in his post it's a great guide line to go by Im in New Jersey and i charge about 145.00 for a car and 175.00 - 200.00 for an suv.

Post Thanks / Like

Im in a college town in north Mississippi. Thanks sully for all your links, they are a huge help. I have also looked at your website before when I was just starting to see what type of service packages to offer. You along with everyone on here have been a huge help.

Post Thanks / Like

Im in a college town in north Mississippi. Thanks sully for all your links, they are a huge help. I have also looked at your website before when I was just starting to see what type of service packages to offer. You along with everyone on here have been a huge help.

Ahhh...Starkvegas....I spent the best 4 years of my life there. You should have a GREAT business with all the college kid's fancy cars and the fact there is nothing else there. Good luck...and GO DAWGS!

Post Thanks / Like

lol, yep starkvegas. Actually the kids dont really give me to much business. Its the small business owners that really use my full services. Sully thanks again. I loved looking at the Bella Macchina link. He really leaves no surface untouched.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, yep starkvegas. Actually the kids dont really give me to much business. Its the small business owners that really use my full services. Sully thanks again. I loved looking at the Bella Macchina link. He really leaves no surface untouched.

Interesting. Starkville is a great town. One of my best friends from residency is a pediatrician there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast