autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions about getting a business license to detail cars?

Questions about getting a business license to detail cars?

You that do detailing for a living or part time, do you have a business license? I'm wanting to start a business doing detailing. Are there any environmental rules for water running in the grass.

I have a new shop, plenty of supplies from autogeek. I went today and got paper work for sign permit and trying to get license, but I was wandering about the rules for water use and collection?

Sorry but I can't spell too good. Right now I'm washing on slant cement pad with shelter over it outside, then take the vehicle inside to shine it up.

GaryD

There is a better way to do it than the way you're doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: business license

Quote Originally Posted by GaryD View Post
    You that do detailing for a living or part time, do you have a business license? I'm wanting to start a business doing detailing. Are there any enviramental rules for water running in the grass. I have a new shop, plenty of supplies from autogeek. I went today and got paper work for sign pemit and trying to get license, but I was wandering about the rules for water use and collection? Sorry but I can't spell too good. Right now I'm washing on slant cement pad with shelter over it outside, then take the vehicle inside to shine it up.
    Gary,

Call your local city hall and find out about registration, insurance requirements, waste water, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Licensing varies from state to state, and from county to county even. Most places have some sort of water usage terms. Here in Michigan there are not any "explicit", but I cannot "sand paint or apply paint" under the "Detailer" profession category. Further, if you are based out of an easy county, but you work by chance in a difficult county, you are obliged to use that county's water rules.

City hall is the best (only) place, but take patience with you

Local to Southeast Michigan
    Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlb85 View Post
    Licensing varies from state to state, and from county to county even. Most places have some sort of water usage terms. Here in Michigan there are not any "explicit", but I cannot "sand paint or apply paint" under the "Detailer" profession category. Further, if you are based out of an easy county, but you work by chance in a difficult county, you are obliged to use that county's water rules.

City hall is the best (only) place, but take patience with you
    I did go to planning and zoning yesterday(county) and get the paper work. I've got things filled out and going to take them back today. Hey, there is a local car wash near by. If they give me any problems, I'll just use that, can get underneath a car pretty good that way also get some off under the hood. They want to know things like, where my parking area is, where the septic is and where property lines are. They also want to know how big the sign is, and off the right of way. I think once I get the permits the register of deed will issue the Business License. Now I know a car wash ant a place to take a car, but it does clean some things well.

Thanks for replys!
    GaryD

There is a better way to do it than the way you're doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are just starting a company a normal LLC will be fine. Now if you are going to have a trailer you will have to check the county you work in because some will require a seperate license to have the trailer.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

I have the LLC and a transient venders license. Like others have said the laws are location specific!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions about getting a business license to detail cars?

old thread i know, but is a business license necessary?

im starting a mobile business soon and wasnt planning on getting a business license.