autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Insurance - Business Insurance and Contracts? (Your help needed)

Insurance - Business Insurance and Contracts? (Your help needed)

Hi,

I’m new here and I realize that some questions I may ask, may have been asked by others before, and there may be threads already dedicated to these questions and answers but because I am very interested in learning this industry from the inside out. I would prefer to be in the middle of the conversation if only to learn from the professionals that litter these boards first hand. So thanks for the patience.

Business Insurance & Contract Needs:
    Is there some universal insurance plan for this type of industry? Or Does this fall into generic business insurance like most retail store, etc?

Depending on the type of services that are offered what additional insurance needs to be added to your plan (if any) to accommodate?

- If a vehicle is just dropped off to your location (home, business or otherwise), taken into the companies’ possession and worked on, then handed back over to the customer. What insurance is needed? What type of contract do you have the customer sign? What is your prep work before starting (Walk around with customer to detail damage, dent, etc? What if the customer is not there? Take Digital Pictures of pre-worked on vehicle? Anything else?)

- If a customer requests you to visit them at their home/office or otherwise. What insurance is needed? What type of insurance is needed? What type of contract do you have the customer sign? What is your prep work before starting (Walk around with customer to detail damage, dent, etc? What if the customer is not there? Take Digital Pictures of pre-worked on vehicle? Anything else?)

- If a customer from a drop off requests/is offered a ride to their given location with a company vehicle and/or picked up with a company vehicle. What type of insurance is needed? What type of contract do you have the customer sign? What is your prep work before starting (Walk around with customer to detail damage, dent, etc? What if the customer is not there? Take Digital Pictures of pre-worked on vehicle? Anything else?)

Any other tips anyone can offer about Contracts or Insurance in regards to offer those 3 services; Drop Off/Mobile Service/Shuttle Service.

I realize that contracts and insurance are very much exclusive to where I plan to live/operate my business and that laws (both business and environmental) and insurance change from State to State, Province to Province and Country to Country, but I am just looking for some guidance not pinpoint specifics to my situation.*

Thanks in Advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Business Insurance and Contracts (Your help needed)

Being licensed to sell Insurance and Insurance products in the State of Florida , I highly suggest meeting with an insurance rep to explain the insurances (such as liability) with premiums and deductibles. You can verify our licenses online too to make sure they have kept up with all testing, changes, and license valid.

I would suggest as with any business venture, a contract be signed and agreed by both parties in advance and also that a preinspection visit be done with other party and signed/initialled as possible.