autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Their thinking and mine also is if you’ve pulled out your pressure washer or even hose then only thing your cutting out is the rinse. If I pulled either out I would just do a bucket wash.

That does make sense tho for winter washing in colder climates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's that final rinse where the water spots appear and bite the daylights out of my sanity. This is why I don't own any car soap.

2. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes opie liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't plan on buying anymore soap personally. I still have a full 16oz bottle of reset - which is still very nice to use. But rinseless is more my style, i'm going to pickup a gallon when i figure out the one i like the most. Absolute, DIYdettail on the way. And i'm going to also try zero water from infinity wax. I probably should try ONR too but i'm just not into the brand - it's no secret branding is important.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    It's that final rinse where the water spots appear and bite the daylights out of my sanity. This is why I don't own any car soap.
    Yeah lucky in WA were I live. No issues from waterspots washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Their thinking and mine also is if you’ve pulled out your pressure washer or even hose then only thing your cutting out is the rinse. If I pulled either out I would just do a bucket wash.

That does make sense tho for winter washing in colder climates.

I'm all for rinseless washes, but I find there is a threshold where once the car is super dirty, a traditional wash is still preferred. When my truck sees off-road use, there is no way I'm doing a rinseless especially in the wheel well areas. You just need a pressure washer to really clean off the majority of the dirt. For normal day to day driving and especially in climates like Southern California you can probably get away with a rinseless wash much easier.

However, I've watched videos where they clean very dirty vehicles using ONR. I think it was Rag Company and Yvan. It can be done.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The majority of window tinters, vinyl or ppf installers got their start detailing cars. Some are smarter then others (not me) to expand their services.

On long videos I have to break them down in segments before my ADD kicks in. Usually 15 minutes
    So you feel your smarter than other detailers? I like it! Your probably are lol

I read that again so your saying you are NOT so smart has some detailers? Give yourself a break you are probably way smarter with your self awareness.

8. Thanks Flash Gordon thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post

you are probably way smarter .
    Lets not get carried away here........do you owe Flash $$ or something......

10. Thanks Flash Gordon, noorth thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Lets not get carried away here........do you owe Flash $$ or something......
    I almost thought he was trolling, with his butchering of the English language there.Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)lol. J/k

12. Thanks Flash Gordon, noorth thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    So you feel your smarter than other detailers? I like it! Your probably are lol

I read that again so your saying you are NOT so smart has some detailers? Give yourself a break you are probably way smarter with your self awareness.
    Not necessarily smarter or dumber. Just know my limits
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I almost thought he was trolling, with his butchering of the English language there.Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)lol. J/k
    I tend to respond early in the morning when I'm still half asleep. I'll come back later and read what I wrote and try to make it more legible (LOVE the edit button!).

Having only a 9th grade education from a school system with a 18% proficiency rate doesn't help much either.

I will try and do better
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I tend to respond early in the morning when I'm still half asleep. I'll come back later and read what I wrote and try to make it more legible (LOVE the edit button!).

Having only a 9th grade education from a school system with a 18% proficiency rate doesn't help much either.

I will try and do better
    Back in our day there was no such thing as ADHD/dyslexia.....you were either smart or fukin stupid.....
    I for one struggled with the Dick & Jane book series myself.....

17. Thanks Flash Gordon thanked for this post
    Likes noorth liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast