autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex XCE 8-125 for production buffs?

I know the OP has already ordered but here is my take on the Cordless XCE for the next person doing a search....

I am going to have to agree with MikeP. I just received the CBeast and used it for the first time. It is a VERY capable machine. Perhaps not quite as powerful and the legendary 3401 or even its corded model but it can do the job. I tested it with a blue rupes coarse foam pad and Menzerna Super Heavy Cut 300.

I typically do a correction with a rotary then follow up with the polish on my 3401. Man, it is certainly nice not having to mess with the cord any more for that last polish step.

It is definitely a much more pleasurable experience than the 3401. Its not nearly as loud, much smoother, and the plastic shroud doesn't get nearly as hot. With a white hex pad it layed down a very nice polish.

Then only issue (if you can call it that) is the speed dial. The settings do not lock in place. Its a free dial so to speak. I found where i had accidentally change the speed several times and didn't even know it.

It has a 48 min charge time from a dead battery to full and the batteries seem to last around 30-35 mins of use. I did not find this to be an issue. Between wiping and polishing, the other battery was charged well before the one in use ran out.

I am not sure what TMQ speaks of as far as burning paint. That's typically reserved for a rotary discussion. NEVER in all my years using the 3401 has it ever burned paint even using a very aggressive pad and compound combination. Edges or otherwise. I don't suspect the new XCE lines will be any different.

This last comment probably won’t make me popular with some but it’s my personal view...I would use this cordless gear driven before even thinking about grabbing my Rupes Bigfoot 21mm. That free spinning, pad stalling machine
    is such a waste of time. I’ll take the cordless XCE in production over it any day.

2. Thanks Ed Abbondanzio thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    Then only issue (if you can call it that) is the speed dial. The settings do not lock in place. Its a free dial so to speak. I found where i had accidentally change the speed several times and didn't even know it.
    Same issue with my Finisher. I took a skinny zip tie, cut it down to slip between the cover and dial to "lock it in" #6 speed.

Flex XCE 8-125 for production buffs?-img_7470-jpg

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never turned mine up to 6 once LOL but I agree it needs notches or a lock. And I agree with the person that said talk of burning an edge with a forced rotation is just that, talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12