autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detailing and online/card payments

I'm considering starting up my mobile detailing business and obviously I want to be able to take credit cards, debit, Apple Pay, etc. I've been researching various tools/providers for doing this such as Square, Pay Pal, etc. and was wondering what everyone on here is using? I was leaning towards Square, but I've seen a lot of complaints of them holding funds for one reason or another, same thing with Pay Pal. Do any of you just use a dedicated merchant account instead?

Regards,

Donny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailing and online/card payments

URable and Stripe

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I had not heard of URable before, but I have heard of Stripe. They all seem to have their pros and cons, but I'm hearing/seeing a lot of negative about some of them. Do any of you use Quickbooks or anything like that for your businesses or have any recommendations for free or "lite" version software? Any sort of mobile apps or anything like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyHacker View Post
    I'm considering starting up my mobile detailing business and obviously I want to be able to take credit cards, debit, Apple Pay, etc. I've been researching various tools/providers for doing this such as Square, Pay Pal, etc. and was wondering what everyone on here is using? I was leaning towards Square, but I've seen a lot of complaints of them holding funds for one reason or another, same thing with Pay Pal. Do any of you just use a dedicated merchant account instead?

Regards,

Donny
    Unless you're doing a ton of business and I mean like $15k a month, merchant services are not cost effective. Remember thar 1% savings is easily eaten up by the cost to rent the equipment.

Square all the way period. Those people complaining are doing something wrong. Chargebacks, scamming, violating square's tos, etc. Period. I processed $72k in 2018 and $96k in 2019 and I can count on zero hands how many issues I've had. In fact, square is probably the only company that I've ever done business with for three years or more that I've never contacted one time. Never. Not a phone call, chat, email, nothing. I charge my customer, deposit the money at the end of the day and 1-2 days later the money is in the bank. People always blame companies for their self inflicted problems.

5. Likes Bobh59, JustJesus liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I appreciate it. I was wondering about that since most small vendors that I've worked with all used Square, so I figured it couldn't be all bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Square. Never an issue although I don’t do a bunch of sales thru it as I’m part time. Fees hit you like any business but I like Square.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you an anecdotal story about bofa merchant services. I used to run an online golf business, one of the first actually. I sold ping fully customized where you could completely configure it online and order it. Ping decides that they want to eliminate my business model so they say you can only sell online if you're a green grass facility. I end up placing my orders through a friend's account instead. Ping places an online order with me and then traces the order they get from my friend to figure out who's selling to me. They wait until right before Christmas and then they cut him off. I had about twenty orders placed with him, almost all Christmas gifts. He assures me they're shipping because ping doesn't tell him he's cut off. Long story less long ping doesn't fill my orders, I can't get any answers because they're closed over the holidays, customers start charging back. BofA panics and freezes my bank account. They make me post a $5000 bond to cover any future charge backs even though all customers were made whole immediately. They held that money for six months in addition to some other petty punitive measures they put in place against my business.

9. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never used a merchant account but I've had good luck with Square. The app loads fast, and the fees are reasonable. They haven't withheld any funds from me before either.

Post Thanks / Like

URABLE invoices and tracks your customers. I’m a one person operation, So the $50 per month option is what I chose. It works with all payment options including Square. So, check them out for your invoicing needs. Their app is specific to mobile detailers

12. Likes sudsmobile, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd better look for local providers so that there are fewer problems because if there are problems with transactions, you can always personally visit the office of this company. I personally did just that when I started my new small business

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast