autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile detailing and online/card payments

I have Clover. It has lesser fees than the normal over the counter card payments. I also got it worked with Fiserv to deposit directly to my business account the next day. It also accepts all major credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Tap to pay. I love it. I bought the Clover unit and base through the Apple Store because it's the cheapest there.
    Owner/Operator Auto Massage LLC - www.automassagellc.com
    Custom painter and commissioned artist - www.spikedairstudio.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than visit the office of my local mom and pop credit card processor. Oh wait, going to the dentist. I was wrong. But seriously what kind of problems were you envisioning when choosing this local provider? What problems did you think hey if this happens luckily I'll be able to march right down to their office and demand satisfaction. I just don't get it or the advice which is not good advice. Pick the one that suits you financially, not the one that on the very, very off chance you have a problem, you can drive over there versus picking up a phone like a normal human being. Five years, never called Square once, never had a need to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    I have Clover. It has lesser fees than the normal over the counter card payments. I also got it worked with Fiserv to deposit directly to my business account the next day. It also accepts all major credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Tap to pay. I love it. I bought the Clover unit and base through the Apple Store because it's the cheapest there.
    You must be doing a lot of volume because when I looked at Clover I determined that I'd have to do $15k in cc per month to make it cheaper than Square. I'm pretty close to that now but not enough over to switch yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Passpartu View Post
    You'd better look for local providers so that there are fewer problems because if there are problems with transactions, you can always personally visit the office of this company. I personally did just that when I started my new small business
    Well, I think it is much more convenient and functional if you use payment systems of the type

Spam link removed -Mike Phillips

with which you can increase the turnover of money in the company thanks to convenient transactions. This will be convenient if you immediately connect such a system to your stores, for example, where you sell products. Such payment systems are considered very secure and popular because they have 30 + bank partners

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think it is much more convenient and functional if you use payment systems of the type

with which you can increase the turnover of money in the company thanks to convenient transactions. This will be convenient if you immediately connect such a system to your stores, for example, where you sell products. Such payment systems are considered very secure and popular because they have 30 + bank partners
    OK, even though the sentence you typed contains words that are easily recognizable as conventional words, they make absolutely zero sense when strung together in the manner that you have arranged them AND they don't answer the question about how a "local" credit card processor would be advantageous in the event of a problem. Because that's exactly what you said:

You'd better look for local providers so that there are fewer problems because if there are problems with transactions, you can always personally visit the office of this company.
    Please explain the above and how it relates to what you originally said. I mean you realize that I use Square and I just transferred my money out of Square a few minutes ago and I will have it in my account tomorrow? Maybe you didn't realize that's how all credit card processing works. Many times the availability of you money is at the discretion of your bank, not the credit card processing company. For example, I carry an average daily balance on my business checking well into the five figures with a major bank I've been banking with for 30 years and when I deposit a customer's check, the money is not available to me until the next business day even though the checks I deposit are typically a small fraction of my balance and I've never had an issue with a customer's check not being honored. My employee will deposit the check I pay him with and he has immediate access to the money. Different banks, different policies.

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile detailing and online/card payments

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    OK, even though the sentence you typed contains words that are easily recognizable as conventional words, they make absolutely zero sense when strung together in the manner that you have arranged them AND they don't answer the question about how a "local" credit card processor would be advantageous in the event of a problem. Because that's exactly what you said:

Please explain the above and how it relates to what you originally said. I mean you realize that I use Square and I just transferred my money out of Square a few minutes ago and I will have it in my account tomorrow? Maybe you didn't realize that's how all credit card processing works. Many times the availability of you money is at the discretion of your bank, not the credit card processing company. For example, I carry an average daily balance on my business checking well into the five figures with a major bank I've been banking with for 30 years and when I deposit a customer's check, the money is not available to me until the next business day even though the checks I deposit are typically a small fraction of my balance and I've never had an issue with a customer's check not being honored. My employee will deposit the check I pay him with and he has immediate access to the money. Different banks, different policies.
    Passpartu isn’t trying to make sense....or debate.... he has 2 posts....... he’s sellin SPAM burgers.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Passpartu isn’t trying to make sense....or debate.... he has 2 posts....... he’s sellin SPAM burgers.....
    This was my assumption too... I was a tick busy yesterday creating new content behind the scenes so I was going to give this person the benefit of the doubt and see what they did in their 3rd post.

But yeah, in their second post they included a link to a credit card processing company.

To all our regular members and new members - when you see a brand new member, (you can tell by their low post count under their forum nickname), reply to a thread and do one of these things,

1. Insert a clickable link to an outside commercial website.
      or
    2. Have the link to an outside commercial website in their Signature Line.

That's a pretty good sign they are a Spammer.

Just report them when you see them.

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh geez, maybe he should have worded so everybody could understand what he was selling.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    You must be doing a lot of volume because when I looked at Clover I determined that I'd have to do $15k in cc per month to make it cheaper than Square. I'm pretty close to that now but not enough over to switch yet.
    Excuse me, let me ask what payment system you ended up using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
    Excuse me, let me ask what payment system you ended up using?
    I thought it was pretty clear that I'm using square. The thing is there's tons of fees buried in credit card processing like clover. Equipment purchase or rental being the big one. There's none of that with square. So the low rate they sell you only makes sense if you can offset the fees with enough volume.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast