Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
texas was hit but not as bad , and we did not hit the peak yet, plus i think this virus will be around for a good while based of the government missteps and indecision and lack of preparedness.

we did a 2 weeks isolation , i did give my guys mask , gloves and a bottle of 70% alchool to have in their car.
the last 2 weeks we went back to work , mask mandatory , i check their temp with a temp gun , and they have access to gloves and sanitizer.
i usually run the shop , ppf install , but the last 2 weeks i join the mobile washes with the crew , is been 4-5 years since i did mobile with the crew....

our advantage is that we offer a variety of service ( mibile wash, ppf , auto detail , paint correction , car wrap, ceramic coating) so any jobs helps at this time, and i can help the guys too.
on the other side , the disaster loan or the ppp loan is a no go , no luck there so i am by my own!
is frustrating but being for 10 years in business you know are rainy days so mental i can handle it like a rainy day....
financial i may be able to sustain the situation for a few more months, with a bit of projects i will survive , or i like to think so....

i did cut some subscriptions , took out one of the van from insurance , and few other financial adjustments , business or personal related.
also got lucky to get an business credit card with 0 apr for a year so i transfer some balance from other cards and i will use it for business or personal if needed. not ideal but now all relief helps.

we rent 2 units , that's 2500 sq ft total , my lease expire in may , i have 3 options....
- keep only 1 unit , if the next month is decent in projects
- keep both units if we have more than 3-4 cars on steady in the next month
- let the shop go and install ppf from home while doing mobile with vans and crew ( i did install from home garage and is set up for it , lights, floor , space)

we may not take any new interior details, just exterior only.
i do am more cautious about any new client that wants detailing , we will see anyone new at the shop with virus in mind: any car will be ozone generator 30-40min , alchool 70% wipe down interior , probably steam all carpets too. will be more expensive but is the only way we will take any new clients.

and that may be the back up plan in case we hit a wall, sanitizing cars , i do need some hazmat suits ...., but it can be done.... kind of risky , but if the car has the ozone before any interior work should work....

that`s how i handle it...
Very smart. Good post.