autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That was quite a lengthy post, but I’d like to mainly focus on what your said in these 2 parts... Ok, so you say that if someone can remember your name they probably won’t be able to find you on Google because it’s too difficult to spell?

Umm, 1st of all Perpetual Radiance is pretty simple to spell, heck I did it just now without assistance or even looking while I typed with 1 thumb because my dumb phone refuses to landscape for whatever reason at this moment.

Another thing: Have you forgot about the fact that anyone who knows how to take advantage of their phones features likely has spell check turned ON? People these days don’t necessarily have to be smart to look smart or even know how to spell big words because the keyboard will spell any word for you as long as you give it enough of a hint of what you’re trying to say.

3rd thing: IMO the only thing that complicates your name is the fact that your screen name begins with

j.williams at perpetualradiance

...Umm hello? Can anyone else spot everything that’s wrong there?
    Ok 1st and main thing that seems unnecessary + is just plain wrong grammar wise is your name... Lowercase j then . Then lowercase williams at instead of @ the per..... All in 1 word? Btw it too is missing a Capital P! Cmon man. Lol.

At the very least, it should be:

J. Williams @ Perpetual Radiance

Now you see how much more professional that looks?^
    Do you also see how much easier it is on the eyes and therefore how much easier it generally makes it to remember because the punctuation is correct.

Why are you spelling your own first and last name with lowercase anyways? Where’s your self respect my man? Lol. I’m sorry that’s just a pet peeve of mine when I see people even if it’s just a screen name somehow go out of their way to click lowercase to start off their name.

The bottom line:
    j.williamsatperpetualradiance is just plain wrong on so many levels. But none of those levels is of any fault with Perpetual Radiance being hard to spell, hard to rememeber, having nothing to do with detailing, fitting on a work shirt, sounding dumb, or being a 16 letter word because it’s not a 16 letter word...
    the only person who made it a 16 letter word was you when you decided to make it 1 word which is wrong. Lol.

Perpetual Radiance

Suddenly it became so easy a 5th grader could spell it^

You wanna Really simplify it while keeping your originality, if it matters..

P.R.

How bout that^ Kinda catchy if you ask me and doesn’t get more simple to remember than that and even a caveman can spell it.

P R detailing... And for you and anyone who really knows, it still means Perpetual Radiance.

Another thing: Even if “they” remember your name but can’t remember how to spell it [and for whatever reason are living without spell check or autfill turned on] Why in the world would those people who obviously know you or know of you need Google in order to find or contact you?? What ever happened to business cards? What ever happened to your name/phone # being saved on their cell phone?

I don’t Google anyone Ive dealt with business wise in the past 2yrs. because their name/number is still saved on my phone and all I have to do is click on my contact list and press their name and bam, calling! Who needs Google to find their people?

Not to mention: If your own customers need to search that hard to find you again then something is wrong... What happened to creating that personal relationship with your customers? Do your own repeat customers really need to Google you? If mine ever did I’d never be in business to begin with.

Just my 2 cents... I don’t see what the problems are and I think you might be seeing flaws in your business plan when there shouldn’t be any issues at all.

No ones going to Google Perpetual Radiance... They’re going to Google “car detailer”
    Shouldn’t your main focus be on appearing on the 1st page of the search result in your area instead of worring about whether people can remember or spell j.williamsatperpetualradiance?

1 final thing: most people online are actually too nice and try too hard to remain PC and maintain their spot free image that they become afraid to express what they actually want to say.. And instead they can sometimes come across as passive agressive, or maybe they’ll check out your thread, but they won’t post in it due to some super minor disagreement y’all had that 1 time long ago which made things seemingly impossible for you both to ever be friends like before...

The internet is where people are the fakest, not in real life. And I mean real life, not co workers, because that’s not “real life”... I’m talking about real life friends and family...

I was hanging out with my cousin and a couple of my best friends that I’ve known since we were all like 5yrs old yesterday and those guys will rip me to shreds if I were to ask them to critique something that’s bad. They are anything but too nice! Lol.

Auto Dermatology is twice more complicated than your business name to spell and remember.

Those are my opinions on it. Hope you see where I’m coming from and also know it should be taken in a constructive way because I wouldn’t have taken the time if I wasn’t trying to help. Peace.
    LOL. If you hadn't broken that into paragraphs, I would have sworn SWETM wrote it. I didn't think anyone else on the forum had the perseverance to write that much.

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    LOL. If you hadn't broken that into paragraphs, I would have sworn SWETM wrote it. I didn't think anyone else on the forum had the perseverance to write that much.
    That was insanely long wasn’t it?opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?lol

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    I don’t mind the shortened ‘Radiant Auto Detail’. At least his logo isn’t the roofline silhouette design like every other person on planet earth uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I showed all 3 original logos to everyone around me, I showed the revisions without the bottle to everyone around me. I showed the logos with the updated name to everyone around me. What I learned was there will never be a logo that will suit even a quarter of the people. If I was able to actually follow the advice everyone's given me. I definitely wouldn't even have a logo, and maybe not even a name either lol. If nothing else, even if a ron of people end up not liking my logo, like you said at least it won't be the silhouette that 90% of detailers seem to use.

Another thing I really understand now, old people can't read any words unless it's in your basic Time New Roman type font. A logo's important to Nike or Apple or some world wide huge company. For a super small time detailer who might not even be able to make it past a year? Yeah, not so much lol.

5. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your drive and your tenacity. I wish you luck in your endeavors!
    In my 10 years od business experience this last decade, I've learned 2 very important things.
    1. Keep it simple. Keep it to the point. Dont over do, or make it too lengthy.

The companies you mentioned, apple and Nike. Both, one word. Both very simple logos. Yet how so very iconic!

People are sign blind, they have very short attention spans. Study the psychology behind company names, logos, colors and fonts.

Which leads me to #2

2. Focus on doing what you do best, and pay others to do what THEY do best. In this case, a very integral and important part of your business. Your logo and displaying of company name. The money spent on a professional graphic designer here is in my opinion potentially priceless and the greatest return you will have on your Capital over time. Wouldn't you agree? Nailing this is a make oe break, and failure to do so has to potential to negate anything further from here.
    A small amount of upfront capital expenditure not only in the form of currency, but in TIME (which at this point time is nullified in value because you have lots of it) can have an outstanding outcome moving forward.

Dont rush it, dont nickel and dime it. The cost of changing down the road has 2 costs associated. More time and money up front, and re learning of the masses. <-- that 2nd one is costly.

I am not in the detailing profession, however broken down, business is business at its core. Good luck man!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. Likes JWilliams.RadiantDetail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    If I had to pick only one, it would be #3.

Easier to read for 50 year old eyes. Lol
    Yup, #3 FTW!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Yup, #3 FTW!
    What's up Kitty Kat?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

1 to me looks like a logo . 2 and 3 remind me of common bottle lable designs. just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I like #3 the best because I use reading glasses and don"t have them on. #3 is the only one i can read. #1 gives me a baseball feeling for some reason, #2 has too much black and absorbs the white writing.

12. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    What's up Kitty Kat?
    Dave! How are you?
    Hit me up when the weather gets nice!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Likes JWilliams.RadiantDetail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the curious among us, could you show us your final design?

16. Likes JWilliams.RadiantDetail liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast