autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by JWilliams.RadientDetailing View Post
    I like to get a feel of others, in real life I deal with no detailers so feedback from people on my block is very different than what I get on here
    You live near Riverside you say? And you’ve never been to Meguiars? Dude it’s just right there in Irvine and the Thursday Night Open Garage hangouts is a gathering of detailers & enthusiasts where you’ll find nothing but people that don’t stop talking about detailing. If you’ve never been you should check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

"Filling in" the logo with red color has made it a little more difficult to read. I think it's more clear when you use just an outline of the logo as per your post #23 above. You might even consider just doing that (outline) all in black as the background of whatever you print the logo on (ie. biz card, shirts, etc.) will provide contrast. With color in the logo you will have to worry about whether or not it will look good/clash with the color of whatever you print it on. Finally, you could convey the "radiant" effect with some simple radial lines coming off the logo. If you're using Photoshop, this could be done pretty easily using the Gradient Tool.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You live near Riverside you say? And you’ve never been to Meguiars? Dude it’s just right there in Irvine and the Thursday Night Open Garage hangouts is a gathering of detailers & enthusiasts where you’ll find nothing but people that don’t stop talking about detailing. If you’ve never been you should check it out.

I should have said I don't have usual interaction with detailers in real life. I've been to Meg's for both of their free classes, and I plan to evuentually go to one of their open garage things so I can link up with some local detailers. In the present as I try to get feedback on my logo as far as detailers it's the people on here and Autopia. I'll hopefully have my logo finalized and shirts made before I actually make it to Meg, or even one of the events at the new Adam's store in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    "Filling in" the logo with red color has made it a little more difficult to read. I think it's more clear when you use just an outline of the logo as per your post #23 above. You might even consider just doing that (outline) all in black as the background of whatever you print the logo on (ie. biz card, shirts, etc.) will provide contrast. With color in the logo you will have to worry about whether or not it will look good/clash with the color of whatever you print it on. Finally, you could convey the "radiant" effect with some simple radial lines coming off the logo. If you're using Photoshop, this could be done pretty easily using the Gradient Tool.
    The main logo will probably be white text with black outline, that'll work great for a lot of shirt colors. For black and darker color shirts I'm going to want white or at least a medium gray color outline so it's visible. My old shirts they did 4 color variations of my logo so it looked better on all the different color shirts I had. A smart person would probably just have 5 or however many shirts, and they'd all be the same color. So the same logo just makes sense. And I know it's uh, different to want 20 different color shirts. But I often do things that don't make sense soooo lol. I'm not Target or Best Buy where the color of the logo's as important because people tie it into the logo it's self. I think the embroidery place can customize the thread colors on a per shirt basis. And I well know how idiotic it sounds to want 20 different color shirts. But, hay that's a fresh color for each work day of the month. Finding a logo color that works on a light green shirt might be more trouble than it's worth though. Maybe I'll be sensible and only get 15 different color shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yuck.

5. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Yuck.
    No idea what you’re referring to, but if you’ve got something to say go ahead and say it.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea what you’re referring to, but if you’ve got something to say go ahead and say it.
    Thought he was saying yuck about the Meguiars detailing night thing, but then I thought about it. He's surely been to Riverside before seeing he's only a few cities away. So yuck was probably at the mentioning of Riverside lol.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yeah okay. How about this. I'll just do what I want. Does that work for you?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL yeah okay. How about this. I'll just do what I want. Does that work for you?
    Ok drama king. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t mind the shortened ‘Radiant Auto Detail’. At least his logo isn’t the roofline silhouette design like every other person on planet earth uses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Ric was just trying to give you a good tip here.

Yuck.
    Not a very Autogeek forum member response.

I think we all feel that you should do just that and leave the sniping comments out of this, or any future threads.....

Imagine a lurker (potential new forum member) reading this? BIG turn off.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast