autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Hard to read and the name has half the alphabet and non descriptive. Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

Post Thanks / Like

Kudo for submitting you alternatives for comments. I'm big on getting the logo right the first time and make sure to protect it legally. I personally like number three the best. However the silhouette of a bottle and sprayer just doesn't hit it for me. I like 57R's suggestion of a ray of light. I also echo the comments about being able to read it clearly.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did the word perpetual come to you? Was it in a movie? Randomly came to mind 1 day? Are you a college boy perhaps? Lol.

I know I’ve heard the word used before at least once in my life, but I couldn’t tell you where if a million dollars depended on it.

5. Likes mckobe liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Where did the word perpetual come to you? Was it in a movie? Randomly came to mind 1 day? Are you a college boy perhaps? Lol.

I know I’ve heard the word used before at least once in my life, but I couldn’t tell you where if a million dollars depended on it.
    I don't remember 100%, but I think my mom was playing Words with Friends against my uncle. He's a smarty pants Harvard grad who destroy's people in that game lol. I think I remember her playing pet, and he did his "watch this" overachieve thing. I read it and knew what it meant, but hadn't heard it in forever. So I looked it up and thought it could fit for detailing. Well, except 95% of people have no idea what it is and have never heard it. 4% of the remaining have heard it but don't really know what it means. I'll be the 1st to say it was a.... poor choice to use? A decent number of people out here who I've detailed when I asked told me it "sounds good" one even used the word important. He didn't know what it meant, but it was big so he thought it had to be special lol. A member on here sent me a PM today with a name change suggestion, which is almost perfect. I think as much as I like the name (for whatever reason) it's just too complicated for most people. It sounded better than endless shine detailing so I ran with it lol. But maybe it's time to run in a new direction. especially since I'm going to have a new logo and a new start.

Post Thanks / Like

i don`t dig that sprayer head in the logo
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams at perpetualradiance View Post
    I don't remember 100%, but I think my mom was playing Words with Friends against my uncle. He's a smarty pants Harvard grad who destroy's people in that game lol. I think I remember her playing pet, and he did his "watch this" overachieve thing. I read it and knew what it meant, but hadn't heard it in forever. So I looked it up and thought it could fit for detailing. Well, except 95% of people have no idea what it is and have never heard it. 4% of the remaining have heard it but don't really know what it means. I'll be the 1st to say it was a.... poor choice to use? A decent number of people out here who I've detailed when I asked told me it "sounds good" one even used the word important. He didn't know what it meant, but it was big so he thought it had to be special lol. A member on here sent me a PM today with a name change suggestion, which is almost perfect. I think as much as I like the name (for whatever reason) it's just too complicated for most people. It sounded better than endless shine detailing so I ran with it lol. But maybe it's time to run in a new direction. especially since I'm going to have a new logo and a new start.

Just my opinion... I wouldn’t call it a bad choice of word or even lean towards that way at all.. Heck you had to pick something right? And no real sense in picking something common that’s never going to spark a customers thought in some kind of way if at very least bring a chuckle, which is positive.

I also wouldn’t call it too complicated, because even average Joe should be able to sound it out and if he can’t then how dumb can someone actually be? Lol.

I personally haven’t looked it up, but if it was me I would do that 1st [which I’m certain you have] and work things around it’s definition, which again you probably have.. If after giving it a solid go it still doesn’t stick enough for You to like it, then ok consider changing it.. But don’t change it based on what someone else thinks. What the heck do they know? They’ve just blurted out their opinion and everyone’s got 1 but no one’s opinion actually matters. It’s what you think that matters because you’re the only 1 who actually knows and cares! If it works for you, own it.

As far as the word.. When I see it it always reminds me of the movie Back to the Future 3. Something out of the scene when they’re back in the 50’s showing a shiny Chevrolet all detailed out.. Like maybe Biff just got done with it and Mcfly Sr. would be the the 1 to come out and call it a perpetual shine! Because who else would be geek enough to talk like that and get away with it? A confident Marty Mcfly could pull it off. Lol.

[of course we all know Marty Mcfly wasn’t exactly confident in the 1950’s, but it doesn’t matter because this is how I imagine it in my head] lol

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Just my opinion... I wouldn’t call it a bad choice of word or even lean towards that way at all.. Heck you had to pick something right? And no real sense in picking something common that’s never going to spark a customers thought in some kind of way if at very least bring a chuckle, which is positive.

I also wouldn’t call it too complicated, because even average Joe should be able to sound it out and if he can’t then how dumb can someone actually be? Lol.

I personally haven’t looked it up, but if it was me I would do that 1st [which I’m certain you have] and work things around it’s definition, which again you probably have.. If after giving it a solid go it still doesn’t stick enough for You to like it, then ok consider changing it.. But don’t change it based on what someone else thinks. What the heck do they know? They’ve just blurted out their opinion and everyone’s got 1 but no one’s opinion actually matters. It’s what you think that matters because you’re the only 1 who actually knows and cares! If it works for you, own it.

As far as the word.. When I see it it always reminds me of the movie Back to the Future 3. Something out of the scene when they’re back in the 50’s showing a shiny Chevrolet all detailed out.. Like maybe Biff just got done with it and Mcfly Sr. would be the the 1 to come out and call it a perpetual shine! Because who else would be geek enough to talk like that and get away with it? A confident Marty Mcfly could pull it off. Lol.

[of course we all know Marty Mcfly wasn’t exactly confident in the 1950’s, but it doesn’t matter because this is how I imagine it in my head] lol
    True, but if someone can remember the name, they probably won't be able to find me on Google because it's too difficult to spell. 16 letters for 2 words is probably doing too much. If I changed it based off what people on here have commented about it, I would have never used it in the 1st place. I originally asked and I got overwhelmingly poor reception ha. The name's probably hard for people to remember, which doesn't help either. Years ago I considered changing it, but I had already spent like $400 on embroidered shirts and wasn't about to either change the name and keep the shirts. Or pay for new shirts with the new name. So I rolled with it. For whatever reason I never wanted a name that would instantly make a person think I wash/detailed cars. Also, 16 letters + auto detailing on a 3x2" enbroided shirt is pushing it. You don't have a lot of room to work. So on my old shirts the logo was 90% of it, and Perpetual Radiance had to be in a pretty small font so it would fit. The designer on Fiverr said they'd change the logo to the new name for $5. Even if I don't end up changing it, it's good to have options. As soon as the new logo comes I'll post it here. Who knows maybe mostly everyone will still rip into me. But I dig the honesty. Maybe I'm just interacting with the wrong bunch in real life. But I feel people are sometimes nice because they don't want to be honest. Nobody I've asked in person about the name has dug into me like a bunch have on here. And I can't believe that the real life people all like the name lol. Online people tend to have much less filter and sometimes that's a good thing. I can take criticism no problem. Sometimes you need to hear some negativity to help realign your path.

My favorite members business name on here is Auto Dermatology. I get the detailing tie in right away. I'm not sure how many regular people do, but I bet they find it to be an interesting name, and as the guy told me about mine it sounds important

Post Thanks / Like

The main problem with "Perpetual Radiance", as you noted, is the length and spelling, but also that some people might not "get" its association to car detailing.

However, your intent behind the name was good, and a simple application of word synonyms could rescue it.

"Perpetual Radiance" = "Endless Shine"

Post Thanks / Like

opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams at perpetualradiance View Post
    True, but if someone can remember the name, they probably won't be able to find me on Google because it's too difficult to spell. 16 letters for 2 words is probably doing too much.

My favorite members business name on here is Auto Dermatology. I get the detailing tie in right away. I'm not sure how many regular people do, but I bet they find it to be an interesting name, and as the guy told me about mine it sounds important
    That was quite a lengthy post, but I’d like to mainly focus on what your said in these 2 parts... Ok, so you say that if someone can remember your name they probably won’t be able to find you on Google because it’s too difficult to spell?

Umm, 1st of all Perpetual Radiance is pretty simple to spell, heck I did it just now without assistance or even looking while I typed with 1 thumb because my dumb phone refuses to landscape for whatever reason at this moment.

Another thing: Have you forgot about the fact that anyone who knows how to take advantage of their phones features likely has spell check turned ON? People these days don’t necessarily have to be smart to look smart or even know how to spell big words because the keyboard will spell any word for you as long as you give it enough of a hint of what you’re trying to say.

3rd thing: IMO the only thing that complicates your name is the fact that your screen name begins with

j.williams at perpetualradiance

...Umm hello? Can anyone else spot everything that’s wrong there?
    Ok 1st and main thing that seems unnecessary + is just plain wrong grammar wise is your name... Lowercase j then . Then lowercase williams at instead of @ the per..... All in 1 word? Btw it too is missing a Capital P! Cmon man. Lol.

At the very least, it should be:

J. Williams @ Perpetual Radiance

Now you see how much more professional that looks?^
    Do you also see how much easier it is on the eyes and therefore how much easier it generally makes it to remember because the punctuation is correct.

Why are you spelling your own first and last name with lowercase anyways? Where’s your self respect my man? Lol. I’m sorry that’s just a pet peeve of mine when I see people even if it’s just a screen name somehow go out of their way to click lowercase to start off their name.

The bottom line:
    j.williamsatperpetualradiance is just plain wrong on so many levels. But none of those levels is of any fault with Perpetual Radiance being hard to spell, hard to rememeber, having nothing to do with detailing, fitting on a work shirt, sounding dumb, or being a 16 letter word because it’s not a 16 letter word...
    the only person who made it a 16 letter word was you when you decided to make it 1 word which is wrong. Lol.

Perpetual Radiance

Suddenly it became so easy a 5th grader could spell it^

You wanna Really simplify it while keeping your originality, if it matters..

P.R.

How bout that^ Kinda catchy if you ask me and doesn’t get more simple to remember than that and even a caveman can spell it.

P R detailing... And for you and anyone who really knows, it still means Perpetual Radiance.

Another thing: Even if “they” remember your name but can’t remember how to spell it [and for whatever reason are living without spell check or autfill turned on] Why in the world would those people who obviously know you or know of you need Google in order to find or contact you?? What ever happened to business cards? What ever happened to your name/phone # being saved on their cell phone?

I don’t Google anyone Ive dealt with business wise in the past 2yrs. because their name/number is still saved on my phone and all I have to do is click on my contact list and press their name and bam, calling! Who needs Google to find their people?

Not to mention: If your own customers need to search that hard to find you again then something is wrong... What happened to creating that personal relationship with your customers? Do your own repeat customers really need to Google you? If mine ever did I’d never be in business to begin with.

Just my 2 cents... I don’t see what the problems are and I think you might be seeing flaws in your business plan when there shouldn’t be any issues at all.

No ones going to Google Perpetual Radiance... They’re going to Google “car detailer”
    Shouldn’t your main focus be on appearing on the 1st page of the search result in your area instead of worring about whether people can remember or spell j.williamsatperpetualradiance?

1 final thing: most people online are actually too nice and try too hard to remain PC and maintain their spot free image that they become afraid to express what they actually want to say.. And instead they can sometimes come across as passive agressive, or maybe they’ll check out your thread, but they won’t post in it due to some super minor disagreement y’all had that 1 time long ago which made things seemingly impossible for you both to ever be friends like before...

The internet is where people are the fakest, not in real life. And I mean real life, not co workers, because that’s not “real life”... I’m talking about real life friends and family...

I was hanging out with my cousin and a couple of my best friends that I’ve known since we were all like 5yrs old yesterday and those guys will rip me to shreds if I were to ask them to critique something that’s bad. They are anything but too nice! Lol.

Auto Dermatology is twice more complicated than your business name to spell and remember.

Those are my opinions on it. Hope you see where I’m coming from and also know it should be taken in a constructive way because I wouldn’t have taken the time if I wasn’t trying to help. Peace.

12. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast