autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Senior Member AV8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    The spray bottle looks like a person sort of bent over trying to pick something up. I'd lose the bottle.

  2. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by j.williams at perpetualradiance View Post
    I paid someone on Fiverr to make me a logo. They sent me 3 samples, if I like one I can get revisions done to it. 1 I don't like at all, 1 I kind of like and 1 I'm unsure about. People here are honest about this kind of stuff, so I'll post all 3 and see what's said. Maybe the one I dislike's the one that would be saved, who knows lol. The designer makes retro looking logos. I know whichever I chose, it'll need some reworking for sure.

    Attachment 68687Attachment 68689Attachment 68688

    Not to be rude but start over. Get rid of the bottle logo and name. Just "Radiance" would be better..."Radiance Detailing" or along those lines. The shift now is keeping things minimalist and clean

    Anthony

  4. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
  5. #23
    Senior Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That was quite a lengthy post, but I’d like to mainly focus on what your said in these 2 parts... Ok, so you say that if someone can remember your name they probably won’t be able to find you on Google because it’s too difficult to spell?

    Umm, 1st of all Perpetual Radiance is pretty simple to spell, heck I did it just now without assistance or even looking while I typed with 1 thumb because my dumb phone refuses to landscape for whatever reason at this moment.

    Another thing: Have you forgot about the fact that anyone who knows how to take advantage of their phones features likely has spell check turned ON? People these days don’t necessarily have to be smart to look smart or even know how to spell big words because the keyboard will spell any word for you as long as you give it enough of a hint of what you’re trying to say.

    3rd thing: IMO the only thing that complicates your name is the fact that your screen name begins with

    j.williams at perpetualradiance

    ...Umm hello? Can anyone else spot everything that’s wrong there?
    Ok 1st and main thing that seems unnecessary + is just plain wrong grammar wise is your name... Lowercase j then . Then lowercase williams at instead of @ the per..... All in 1 word? Btw it too is missing a Capital P! Cmon man. Lol.

    At the very least, it should be:

    J. Williams @ Perpetual Radiance

    Now you see how much more professional that looks?^
    Do you also see how much easier it is on the eyes and therefore how much easier it generally makes it to remember because the punctuation is correct.

    Why are you spelling your own first and last name with lowercase anyways? Where’s your self respect my man? Lol. I’m sorry that’s just a pet peeve of mine when I see people even if it’s just a screen name somehow go out of their way to click lowercase to start off their name.

    The bottom line:
    j.williamsatperpetualradiance is just plain wrong on so many levels. But none of those levels is of any fault with Perpetual Radiance being hard to spell, hard to rememeber, having nothing to do with detailing, fitting on a work shirt, sounding dumb, or being a 16 letter word because it’s not a 16 letter word...
    the only person who made it a 16 letter word was you when you decided to make it 1 word which is wrong. Lol.

    Perpetual Radiance

    Suddenly it became so easy a 5th grader could spell it^

    You wanna Really simplify it while keeping your originality, if it matters..

    P.R.

    How bout that^ Kinda catchy if you ask me and doesn’t get more simple to remember than that and even a caveman can spell it.

    P R detailing... And for you and anyone who really knows, it still means Perpetual Radiance.


    Another thing: Even if “they” remember your name but can’t remember how to spell it [and for whatever reason are living without spell check or autfill turned on] Why in the world would those people who obviously know you or know of you need Google in order to find or contact you?? What ever happened to business cards? What ever happened to your name/phone # being saved on their cell phone?

    I don’t Google anyone Ive dealt with business wise in the past 2yrs. because their name/number is still saved on my phone and all I have to do is click on my contact list and press their name and bam, calling! Who needs Google to find their people?

    Not to mention: If your own customers need to search that hard to find you again then something is wrong... What happened to creating that personal relationship with your customers? Do your own repeat customers really need to Google you? If mine ever did I’d never be in business to begin with.

    Just my 2 cents... I don’t see what the problems are and I think you might be seeing flaws in your business plan when there shouldn’t be any issues at all.

    No ones going to Google Perpetual Radiance... They’re going to Google “car detailer”
    Shouldn’t your main focus be on appearing on the 1st page of the search result in your area instead of worring about whether people can remember or spell j.williamsatperpetualradiance?


    1 final thing: most people online are actually too nice and try too hard to remain PC and maintain their spot free image that they become afraid to express what they actually want to say.. And instead they can sometimes come across as passive agressive, or maybe they’ll check out your thread, but they won’t post in it due to some super minor disagreement y’all had that 1 time long ago which made things seemingly impossible for you both to ever be friends like before...

    The internet is where people are the fakest, not in real life. And I mean real life, not co workers, because that’s not “real life”... I’m talking about real life friends and family...

    I was hanging out with my cousin and a couple of my best friends that I’ve known since we were all like 5yrs old yesterday and those guys will rip me to shreds if I were to ask them to critique something that’s bad. They are anything but too nice! Lol.

    Auto Dermatology is twice more complicated than your business name to spell and remember.

    Those are my opinions on it. Hope you see where I’m coming from and also know it should be taken in a constructive way because I wouldn’t have taken the time if I wasn’t trying to help. Peace.
    A lot of good points, I'm overthinking the wrong things here. If you do good work the name'll be something people don't even care about. I Yelp'ed detailers in my area, 80% are "[1st name] detailing" or "clean car detailing" or something super basic. Those obviously work well, but I'm trying to not be like everyone else. I saw a bunch of misspelled ones "Kleen Mobile Wash"
    "Kustom Auto Spa" I like Radiant I think better than Radiance. And I would assume at least a good number of people know the meaning of the word. And if not there's auto detailing right in the name. So even if they think my name's Radient or something they'll know what I do. I need to re-read your post you brought up a lot of things that make sense. I need to focus on detailing cars and not put as much time into the small details. And about the screen name on here, you can't have an @ I did and it was messing things up for some reason. Mike sent me a PM and said he needed to change it. Good eye though, I'll shoot him a PM asking to make it JWilliams.RadiantDetailing or something, definitely looks better




    Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
    The spray bottle looks like a person sort of bent over trying to pick something up. I'd lose the bottle.
    Bottle's long gone, I think even without anyone on here saying to lose it I would have taken it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    Not to be rude but start over. Get rid of the bottle logo and name. Just "Radiance" would be better..."Radiance Detailing" or along those lines. The shift now is keeping things minimalist and clean

    Anthony

    I asked for opinions, I want people to tell me what they think. Your thinking is right along the line of the person who sent me a PM yesterday. I contacted the seller on fiverr about making the changes. English isn't their 1st langauge and somewhere in the conversation there was a mix up. They only updated 1 of the 3 logos and marked the order closed. I'm going to play with changing them on my own, but there's a new name at least. Which I think is going to be a better look.

    opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?-logoo-jpg


    Ignore the color, it won't be green this is just how he sent it to me. Will be making auto detailing as big as can fit in the swoosh, adding some sun rays, star bursts or something along those lines. And a few tweaks. I like the name a lot better. When I fix what's missing I'll post again. Thank you to everyone who's said anything here, definitely got me going in a better direction.

  6. #24
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    Number 3 is the best of the lot. My eyes are even older than Paulie's.

  7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  8. #25
    Senior Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Number 3 is the best of the lot. My eyes are even older than Paulie's.
    Paulie as in Rocky's buddy? I freakin love him. I'm pretty sure he'd hate my logos and call me a bum though


    Ok good people of AGO, I yet again am looking for some feedback on an update. I just spent like 2 hours figuring out how to do something that would take a designer probably 45 seconds to do lol. I`ll spend another 2 hours working mindlessly so I thought before that happens I`d post what I did and maybe get some feedback. I spent half of tonight trying to figure out how to add sun rays or something, well no way Jose on that. But I did a sun`ish looking thing. I mean what's more radiant than the sun right? Well, except it might not look good here lol. I thought about wasting the rest of my night trying to make the sun look better, but maybe it`s not even a good idea (like most of mine) and I should scrap it and figure out how to hell to incorporate sun rays or star bursts or something that says bright light. If like a few people here like the sun idea, or don`t think it`s horrible I can waste away my Saturday trying to make it look better. Since it`ll be embroidered on shirts, I can`t have a lot of colors or much detail. I`d like my logo to be more simplistic anywho. And don`t mind the color of the text it might not be red in the final.

    opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?-needsworkstill-jpg


    Thanks and stuff, and even if you hate it and tell me you hate it, thank you in advance. All feedback's welcome.

  9. #26
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    1,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by JWilliams.RadientDetailing View Post
    Paulie as in Rocky's buddy? I freakin love him. I'm pretty sure he'd hate my logos and call me a bum though


    Ok good people of AGO, I yet again am looking for some feedback on an update. I just spent like 2 hours figuring out how to do something that would take a designer probably 45 seconds to do lol. I`ll spend another 2 hours working mindlessly so I thought before that happens I`d post what I did and maybe get some feedback. I spent half of tonight trying to figure out how to add sun rays or something, well no way Jose on that. But I did a sun`ish looking thing. I mean what's more radiant than the sun right? Well, except it might not look good here lol. I thought about wasting the rest of my night trying to make the sun look better, but maybe it`s not even a good idea (like most of mine) and I should scrap it and figure out how to hell to incorporate sun rays or star bursts or something that says bright light. If like a few people here like the sun idea, or don`t think it`s horrible I can waste away my Saturday trying to make it look better. Since it`ll be embroidered on shirts, I can`t have a lot of colors or much detail. I`d like my logo to be more simplistic anywho. And don`t mind the color of the text it might not be red in the final.

    opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?-needsworkstill-jpg


    Thanks and stuff, and even if you hate it and tell me you hate it, thank you in advance. All feedback's welcome.
    Paulie as in Davy’s buddy. This logo is more appealing. The spray bottle had to go. This one is colorful and catching.

  10. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
    Likes shooterjgs liked this post
  11. #27
    Senior Member AV8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Paulie as in Davy’s buddy. This logo is more appealing. The spray bottle had to go. This one is colorful and catching.
    Do not like the red and yellow. Looks like ketchup and mustard.

    Keep the name short, use hard consonants at the beginning of the words if possible, think about what your email will look like (always use your business name as your domain and email...looks weird otherwise) check if your DBA is available before you get too far along, check for domain availability, etc. There's a lot to choosing a good name.

  12. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    I just want to say: Kudos to you for actually being open to feedback. Often when someone asks for feedback on their logo, they get super defensive about criticism.

  13. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
    Likes AV8R liked this post
  14. #29
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

    I don’t like this latest logo... There’s too many rays in that sun and it makes it look awkward. It looks more like a crown opinions on 2 potential logos for my business? than a sun.opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    These colors belong in Hulkamania font. Lol. Otherwise I agree, they look like ketchup & mustard. opinions on 2 potential logos for my business? opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

  15. Thanks JWilliams.RadiantDetail thanked for this post
  16. #30
    Senior Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: opinions on 3 potential logos for my business?

    Quote Originally Posted by AV8R View Post
    Do not like the red and yellow. Looks like ketchup and mustard.

    Keep the name short, use hard consonants at the beginning of the words if possible, think about what your email will look like (always use your business name as your domain and email...looks weird otherwise) check if your DBA is available before you get too far along, check for domain availability, etc. There's a lot to choosing a good name.
    There will be no easy to remember name that doesn't have a domain, well not a name I like. I've always felt the same about the domain name = the company name. Godaddy says it doesn't matter, but my brain likes to see the direct connection for sure. I spent the better part of a month coming up with names only to find the domain was taken. I mean my original name "PerpetualRadiance" there was already a .com for that WTH? lol. I gave up long ago getting a good name and having the domain to go with it. The best I've found was a name where the domain was for sell by a 3rd party for a stupid amount, one was $15,000 for another was $4,000. I need to contact a professional on the DBA, but I've always assumed for small mobile businesses, you're probably okay. Like without Googling I know 100% already there are mobile Radiant Detailing in the US. I know there are none in my area or anywhere close. If guys in NY, FL and states away places are Radiant Detailing they're not going to care about me because I'm not competition. Of course this is an assumption on my part. There's a Papa Joe's pizza up the street. 0% that's the only 1 in the US. It's been there for 30 years. I'd be surprised if there weren't 20 Radiant Detailing out there. I know there's not one in my state. But talking to an expert would be better than me thinking I just know. But I thought the reason you have to file for a factious business name is for this very reason. I mean nobody does business under their DBA unless they have some weird ass business name that nobody else does. But I honestly don't know ins and outs, I just know state to state there are tons of the same types of business with the same name that aren't in any way related. If I'm serious about becoming a successful business owner sitting down with a lawyer who does this for a living would be a great idea.

    And the color scheme here was completely unintentionally. I don't want to make people think about McDonald's or ketchup and mustard when they see it lol. I do plan to have multiple color combos as I'm going to order 20 different color work shirts. So I'll need at least a couple, but I'm sure I can make 4 or 5 color patterns without having to use ketchup and mustard.

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I just want to say: Kudos to you for actually being open to feedback. Often when someone asks for feedback on their logo, they get super defensive about criticism.
    I like to get a feel of others, in real life I deal with no detailers so feedback from people on my block is very different than what I get on here. I like both for different reasons. Nobody on here's going to be a customer of mine, they're already detailers. And they see things in the logo my neighbors don't, and visa versa Positive, negative, everything in between I'm always listening. I can't use all the advice, but nobody, and I mean nobody liked the spray bottle silhouette. So I nix'ed it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don’t like this latest logo... There’s too many rays in that sun and it makes it look awkward. It looks more like a crown opinions on 2 potential logos for my business? than a sun.opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

    I errr,think can fix that quickly. I like the idea of the sun but I'm awful and implementing. When I get it to where I'm not unhappy with it, then I pay someone who does this for a living to fix every problem they see and make it pop. My best isn't going to get me there.

    These colors belong in Hulkamania font. Lol. Otherwise I agree, they look like ketchup & mustard. opinions on 2 potential logos for my business? opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 11:42 AM
  2. Opinions on putting business on Groupon.
    By brondondolon in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 11:57 PM
  3. Trying to start a mobile detail business need opinions
    By brondondolon in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 07:54 AM
  4. Business Card Opinions
    By Mirror Detailing in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 10:11 PM
  5. New Business Card Design for O.C.Detailing (Lynchburg, VA.) Opinions?
    By O.C.Detailing in forum How to make money detailing cars
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Members who have read this thread: 79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» March 2020

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234