autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for small van for mobile business - suggestions?

I'm thinking of going mobile, and have been looking at these small(ish) work vans, like the Ford Transit Connect. Do any of you guys use vans similar to these, and are they big enough? I'm looking for any suggestions

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for small van for mobile business - suggestions?

Transits have plenty of room in there, I know a few people on here use Chevy HHR Panel's. I think the bigger question is what do you need to fit inside the vehicle? I'm a mobile detailer but I'm eco, so no water tank, and no generator. I'm (seriously lol) looking at a 2016 Smart Car for my detailing rig. But you're asking if a Transit's big enough, it would have a ton of room. They're pretty damn big inside, way bigger than they look from the outside imho. And they're tailored to be a word vehicle so you don't have to mess with taking out seats and stuff. I'm also considering a Transit Connect.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for a Ford dealer, and the new '20 Transit Connects can now be had with full screen Nav, heated seats, XM satellite, etc.

WAY better and more creature comfort than before.

I have driven them for hundreds of miles on dealer swaps, and I have no complaints at all.

Great little vans IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm thinking of going mobile, and have been looking at these small(ish) work vans, like the Ford Transit Connect. Do any of you guys use vans similar to these, and are they big enough? I'm looking for any suggestions
    Im in the same boat.. I looking at a sprinter3500. to have everything there with me to do any type of detail

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I can add, I called a few years ago about a couple Connects in my area, maybe it was just the 2 dealers I called. But, neither could in house finance because they were business vehicles. So I was going to have to find an external source for a car loan. Something to think about if you're going to need to finance it.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you have these modells or if it's called something else. But VW Caddy has a modell simualar to the Transit Connect and even one notch bigger modell. What I was thinking about is that many traded in or cancelled their buys when the diesel emission scandal where. If you are able to be buying a Caddy from such of a lot that have all of these VW you can get awesome deals on those. It's nothing wrong with them just that VW lied about the emissions they had and the diesel gallon per mile they got. But many decided to bring them back. And what I know of it's many thousands of vehicals sitting on parking lots. Don't know if they are able to sell them yet. There are like new vehicals almost and a good service could get you a great vehical for many years. That's the problem though that they have standing still for some years now. Maybe with a very good deal it can be worth it. At least checking it out. Then it's many car modells so I don't know if they have any vans of them. But most diesel engines in the Caddys is also in the car modells like Passat and Golf.

/ Tony