autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for feedback on my logo.

A few years ago the bulk of my stuff got stolen so I stopped detailing (just gave up) I missed it, so I'm back and I want to get into detailing full time. Before it was a part time thing as I had a full time job. Now, I'm jobless so it's a perfect time as I'd rather detail than work for the man somewhere. Anywho, I really liked liked my old logo but a bunch of people have told me, they didn't understand what it had to do with detailing. I was pondering how to re-design it and a really nice random guy on the AUTOP forums threw one together. I made a few modifications to it and here it is. I'm going to get it stitched on my work shirts and business cards. If anyone wants to comment on which they like, or what changes they'd make. I personally don't think I really like the one with the polisher on it, but feedback's, feedback.

Looking for feedback on my logo.-logo2-jpgLooking for feedback on my logo.-logo-polisher-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for feedback on my logo.

Hi Jay. You are taking a big leap of faith going into your own business and I wish you the very best. The logo on the left really does not look like an auto detailing logo. It sort of looks like a racing or performance products logo. I like the idea of showing a polisher but that particular 2D drawing does not show much detail. The polisher would look better if it was 3D or an isometric view.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply UncleDavy, yeah, coming up with a logo that works with my weird name is hard. A few people and I worked on it and came up using the infinity symbol, but I see it too many places. I like the 1st one, but agree with what you said about it. Not that's it's a bad thing to me, but it is something for me to consider. And I totally agree with you on the polisher one. I did a quick scour of Google and found a sample of clipart, don't know if I want to buy it. But, here's how it looks with a 3d polisher. Remember, the bulk of this will be a small'ish logo stitched on the left upper part of work shirts. So there's not a lot of room for detail. Before I waste half my day retooling a polish logo, someone here can maybe tell me if they even think it's worth spending my time on. And as for the color scheme, I'm OCD and will have shirts made in as many colors as they offer matching pants. So like probably 10'ish. Random stuff like chocolate brown, postman blue, red, black, silver gray. So, I don't pretty sure there's not a single color scheme that'll work,

Looking for feedback on my logo.-polish-logo2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you showing polisher? Most people won't know what that is.

5. Likes WristyManchego, MichmM4, Mrproduce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't care for either. On top of that, they're both really busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Why are you showing polisher? Most people won't know what that is.
    I agree with this and really your logo doesn't scream detailing. If you're pushing the eco angle I'd go with something that pushes that. You're pic with the rotary looks like a pierced nipple

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Go simpler. The best logos are simple. Unfortunately, most people don’t know what a polisher looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes Mrproduce, bofh liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like the first one (the P and R). Perhaps since people are suggesting going simpler .. you could take out the words and just have the PR logo and write Auto Detailing underneath (or something to that affect). And I agree most people dont know whatba buffer looks like so prob not the best to go with a buffer

Sent from my SM-N950F using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the feedback, as a detailer I often times don't think about "oh, Joe down the block doesn't know what a DA polisher is" So, the polisher logo's being sent to the archives. My name already confuses enough people, I don't need them to not understand the icon either. I also get the text only logo doesn't scream what I do, but it looks pretty basic but professional (to me any ways) and says exactly what it is I do. I wouldn't know where to begin to design a logo that you look at and think eco detailing. That's probably why a text only logo might be better suited.

And LOL at the pierced nipple, now I can't un-see that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business, but if you're name confuses customers and is not memorable and doesn't provide a clear indication of who you are and what you can do for people, it's not a good business name. You like it, that's great, that's not enough to make it a good business name.

13. Likes vincec, tomsteve liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast