autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for Online Marketing Mentor

Whats up all - been a while since I've posted...been freakin busy!

I figured I'd make this post here and hope it reaches the right eyes - kind of a shot in the dark but we'll see.

In short - I'm looking to attract more customers (specific to ceramic coating and ppf jobs). While our work is great, facility is excellent and reputation is on point - I just feel I need to go harder after these specific types of jobs and I need help doing so.

Theres a million companies out there that offer Google Ad Words or FB ad managing (I personally prefer Google) as well as social media management - but in my experience it's been a waste of money with who I've worked with. The most frustrating part is - I don't get any real analytical feedback from those that I've used (other than the typical "you've gotten this many clicks/visits"). I've found some great videos online on how to run ad's simultaneously and then be able to see what's working and what isn't and while I grasp the concept, I don't feel like I'd really do it justice with my time being so tight and the learning curve being quite serious.

Not sure if there's anyone on here who actually has experience doing this type of work (either with their own detailing business or just in general) - but if so I'd love to chat. I know there's more to this than just throwing up an ad with keywords and waiting for calls (just like there's more to detailing than washing and waxing the paint) - and thats the info/strategy/tactics/analysis i need

Anyway, thanks for reading!
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for Online Marketing Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
    Whats up all - been a while since I've posted...been freakin busy!

I figured I'd make this post here and hope it reaches the right eyes - kind of a shot in the dark but we'll see.

In short - I'm looking to attract more customers (specific to ceramic coating and ppf jobs). While our work is great, facility is excellent and reputation is on point - I just feel I need to go harder after these specific types of jobs and I need help doing so.

Theres a million companies out there that offer Google Ad Words or FB ad managing (I personally prefer Google) as well as social media management - but in my experience it's been a waste of money with who I've worked with. The most frustrating part is - I don't get any real analytical feedback from those that I've used (other than the typical "you've gotten this many clicks/visits"). I've found some great videos online on how to run ad's simultaneously and then be able to see what's working and what isn't and while I grasp the concept, I don't feel like I'd really do it justice with my time being so tight and the learning curve being quite serious.

Not sure if there's anyone on here who actually has experience doing this type of work (either with their own detailing business or just in general) - but if so I'd love to chat. I know there's more to this than just throwing up an ad with keywords and waiting for calls (just like there's more to detailing than washing and waxing the paint) - and thats the info/strategy/tactics/analysis i need

Anyway, thanks for reading!
    Call Logical Position. Tell them what you're trying to do. Maybe they can help, they helped us.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and you have a typo on your About page. Detialing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Call Logical Position. Tell them what you're trying to do. Maybe they can help, they helped us.
    Can you tell me a bit about your experience with them and what they did for you.
    Which typo is that on my page lol?
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

It's on your ABOUT US page right above the "read more" button.

Sure, we were using Google AdWords Express which I was maintaining myself. After looking at how to implement regular AdWords, it became obvious that I wasn't going to be able to handle it. Now, like you I'm sure, we get a ton of call from people trying to sell us stuff. They're usually super rude, super pushy, trying to tell me how to run my business, telling me that I'm doing it wrong, etc, etc. I usually end up getting mad and hanging up on them. We just happened to be in the middle of trying to do AW ourselves when somebody from LP called. They were really nice and friendly. They listened to me talk and tell them even though we were busy, we were interested in targeting a certain customer and maybe also NOT targeting others.

As an example, I used to get a lot of calls from people that googled "temecula car wash" assuming that I was a static location called Temecula Car Wash because I popped up first. Maddening trying to explain to old people that don't know how to use the internet that I'm pretty sure I'm not the car wash located on the corner of such and such and no I don't know what time they close. I was paying for that to boot. But what we were really looking for was to target higher end jobs from higher end customers. I wanted to stop getting calls for car washes because we don't even wash cars and I wanted to start getting more calls for full details, ceramic coating, paint correction, etc.

I had three separate calls with the salesman, all were really good. Then when I signed up, I was handed off to my account rep. This is the guy that currently stays in touch with me. They're really good about follow up. When they first set up our ads, they mistakenly made our radius too large for our service area, so I was getting the occasional call from somebody outside our range. I told him and they fixed it right away. Every single person that I've come into contact with from LP has been friendly, accommodating and very professional.

We've been with them for two months now, signed a six month contract because we both felt that after six months my advertising would likely be ironed out how we wanted it and we may no longer need a full time, hands on approach since our services really don't vary much and we don't run seasonal advertising. My rep calls and wants to go through the analytics, but frankly I just tell him "I don't need to see a bunch of fancy graphs. I can tell it's working by the phone calls and the amount of work we're scheduling." LOL Yeah, I'm an old man that doesn't really understand that stuff but I know when something works just like I know Yelp works despite what the haters say.

We're not a fancy shop like you, just a two man mobile rig that doesn't even run two men full time. We did over $11k in March and almost $13k in April. Those are the first two months that we had been using them. Both of those numbers are our best two months in the 18 months we've been in business. Before we started working with them, we were averaging about $9k a month.

I do not easily recommend people. I'm not one of those bros that runs around recommending my buddies to other people simply because they're my friend. To get my recommendation, you have to really earn it. I would not hesitate to recommend Logical Position to anybody looking for help with their advertising.

6. Thanks Wills.WindowsAndWheels, Stevedotmil thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's on your ABOUT US page right above the "read more" button.

Sure, we were using Google AdWords Express which I was maintaining myself. After looking at how to implement regular AdWords, it became obvious that I wasn't going to be able to handle it. Now, like you I'm sure, we get a ton of call from people trying to sell us stuff. They're usually super rude, super pushy, trying to tell me how to run my business, telling me that I'm doing it wrong, etc, etc. I usually end up getting mad and hanging up on them. We just happened to be in the middle of trying to do AW ourselves when somebody from LP called. They were really nice and friendly. They listened to me talk and tell them even though we were busy, we were interested in targeting a certain customer and maybe also NOT targeting others.

As an example, I used to get a lot of calls from people that googled "temecula car wash" assuming that I was a static location called Temecula Car Wash because I popped up first. Maddening trying to explain to old people that don't know how to use the internet that I'm pretty sure I'm not the car wash located on the corner of such and such and no I don't know what time they close. I was paying for that to boot. But what we were really looking for was to target higher end jobs from higher end customers. I wanted to stop getting calls for car washes because we don't even wash cars and I wanted to start getting more calls for full details, ceramic coating, paint correction, etc.

I had three separate calls with the salesman, all were really good. Then when I signed up, I was handed off to my account rep. This is the guy that currently stays in touch with me. They're really good about follow up. When they first set up our ads, they mistakenly made our radius too large for our service area, so I was getting the occasional call from somebody outside our range. I told him and they fixed it right away. Every single person that I've come into contact with from LP has been friendly, accommodating and very professional.

We've been with them for two months now, signed a six month contract because we both felt that after six months my advertising would likely be ironed out how we wanted it and we may no longer need a full time, hands on approach since our services really don't vary much and we don't run seasonal advertising. My rep calls and wants to go through the analytics, but frankly I just tell him "I don't need to see a bunch of fancy graphs. I can tell it's working by the phone calls and the amount of work we're scheduling." LOL Yeah, I'm an old man that doesn't really understand that stuff but I know when something works just like I know Yelp works despite what the haters say.

We're not a fancy shop like you, just a two man mobile rig that doesn't even run two men full time. We did over $11k in March and almost $13k in April. Those are the first two months that we had been using them. Both of those numbers are our best two months in the 18 months we've been in business. Before we started working with them, we were averaging about $9k a month.

I do not easily recommend people. I'm not one of those bros that runs around recommending my buddies to other people simply because they're my friend. To get my recommendation, you have to really earn it. I would not hesitate to recommend Logical Position to anybody looking for help with their advertising.
    Man, that's one hell of a recommendation if I say so myself lol. If I was able to increase my monthly gross my 20-40% like you did - that would be amazing, especially if I can do it by targeting specific job types that I WANT (also like what you did).

The only other question I'd have is cost. Do you pay them a flat fee and then they set your adwords up based on whatever your budget is? Just wondering how all that works.

If nothing else I will give them a call and chat things over with them. If you remember your rep's name and the person who initially got you set up I'll surely mention them. Give me your name and business name as well and I'll let them know you highly recommended them to me .
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

My original salesman was David McCoy. My rep is Yuri Townsend. The name of our business is Suds Mobile Auto Detailing. I pay them a flat fee, the number is on their website somewhere, less than the average monthly car payment. Their fee is completely independent of your budget unless you're spending something like $3k a month, then their rate goes up. They will base their budget recommendation on the words you're targeting and so forth after having several discussions with you about your expectations. The budget they recommended for us was only a few dollars more than what we were already spending

Honestly, with the quality of work you do, one good size job would probably pay for them for six months. For us, all our advertising (which consists of Google and Yelp), including their fee, is covered by two decent days a month. Being mobile has it's advantages, one of them being I have very little overhead. I own every piece of equipment we use outright and I don't have any employees as me and my son are partners. I can afford to sink the equivalent of "rent" into advertising.

We didn't take advantage of this, but they also offer SEO services to help naturally get your website to show up near the top. I didn't avail myself of this service, but they told me some of the things I needed to address and I did it myself. After taking their suggestions, I'm now seeing our ranking rise on many of the categories I was targeting.

9. Likes Wills.WindowsAndWheels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will add one other thing which I was concerned about. Everything they do is totally transparent and belongs to you. You set up the AdWords account. You give them admin privileges. If and when you take it over and you're no longer doing business with them, everything they did is in place and you remove their privileges. All the work they did belongs to you and it continues to do the work you paid for.

Post Thanks / Like

I will add one other thing which I was concerned about. Everything they do is totally transparent and belongs to you. You set up the AdWords account. You give them admin privileges. If and when you take it over and you're no longer doing business with them, everything they did is in place and you remove their privileges. All the work they did belongs to you and it continues to do the work you paid for.
    Thats something I didn't think about with adwords, but that is most definitely a must have. Ive heard too many horror stories of website builders and social media marketing companies holding a persons website, facebook business page and so on hostage if a client decides to leave them. Thanks for putting that out there
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post
    Thats something I didn't think about with adwords, but that is most definitely a must have. Ive heard too many horror stories of website builders and social media marketing companies holding a persons website, facebook business page and so on hostage if a client decides to leave them. Thanks for putting that out there

I gave my rep your name but told him not to bother you. LOL So, he's looking forward to speaking with you.

13. Likes Stevedotmil liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast