autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Detailing Paint Correction tool advise

Flyers, hunting for individual customers, handing out random business cards, needle in a haystack. Google AdWords. If advertising is in your budget, which it 100% should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Flyers, hunting for individual customers, handing out random business cards, needle in a haystack. Google AdWords. If advertising is in your budget, which it 100% should be.
    Can you give us an idea how adwords work? I intend to try it this year. How does the budget management work with them? Can you fix a daily goal, or a total budget? Someone told me Google can liquidate your entire budget in a day, if that is true it really sucks. With facebook you can really decide who sees your ads, where they see them and how your budget will be spent. I hope it is the same with adwords.

Also what kind of ads do you typically do? Before/after picture? Videos? Type you promotions you do?

Glad we have someone familliar with Adwords here.

Post Thanks / Like

He’s just starting. Did you have a big advertising budget when you started? If so kudos. Many get into this type of business because low over head to start. And if he can find 10-20 good needles it’s a great way to build revenue to get advertising dollars. Gotta crawl before you walk....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    He’s just starting. Did you have a big advertising budget when you started? If so kudos. Many get into this type of business because low over head to start. And if he can find 10-20 good needles it’s a great way to build revenue to get advertising dollars. Gotta crawl before you walk....

He is considering purchasing buffers. So he does have some money available. As I explained earlier, it's nice to get a new tool... but what is even nicer is to get customers and make money. When I started I spent all my money on tools and products and none on advertizing. The result was me waiting for clients to call for quite a while. I did not mind too much because I had a full time job at the time. But I could have saved years before going full time had I advertized.
    So, let's say doing Facebook advertizing at 150$ per month, if it gets you only 2 jobs you more than cover that expense.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sudsmobile, How were the 3401 clones? Looking into some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Yes, I did. Thanks. You don't start a business if you can't fund it properly. He wants to do this for a living. If it was a hobby, I'd have a different answer. You don't leave your livelihood to sheer dumb luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 02whitetundra View Post
    Sudsmobile, How were the 3401 clones? Looking into some.
    For the most part, really good, although one of them the trigger is iffy on so it works when it wants to and stops working on about the same schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Can you give us an idea how adwords work? I intend to try it this year. How does the budget management work with them? Can you fix a daily goal, or a total budget? Someone told me Google can liquidate your entire budget in a day, if that is true it really sucks. With facebook you can really decide who sees your ads, where they see them and how your budget will be spent. I hope it is the same with adwords.

Also what kind of ads do you typically do? Before/after picture? Videos? Type you promotions you do?

Glad we have someone familliar with Adwords here.
    Honestly, I'm not an expert. I'm an expert in paying the bill. I will tell you unless your budget is $10/month, Google is probably not going to spend it all in one day. LOL I've been using it for over a year and it's pretty routine that one day it might run 125% over your daily budget (monthly budget/days in the month), but then the next few days it will go to 90% until it works itself out. The someone that told you that was flat out wrong.

As far as the inner workings, I hired a company called Logical Positions to manage my AdWords. Does it works? We did $12k in March. I'm going to do $3k this week and I'm fully booked out to about the 17th right now. Maybe the weather, many past customers, I also advertise on Yelp.

While I'm on the subject, let me say this about Yelp. I hate them. I hate the review algorithm. I really hate almost everything about them. Except paying them works. Period. I would guess, and I might even be a bit low, that my advertising pays back 6 or 7 to 1. If I was cheaper, it would probably pay back 10 to 1. I will say this about doing it though, it's the early bird gets the worm syndrome. Because when somebody clicks on my ad or my competitors ad to send them a message, there's a default option to send the same message to 9(?) other businesses at the same time. Most people don't even realize they're doing it. So not only are you feasting on your money, you're getting rich off your competitor's money too. With one catch, the early bird gets the worm. First to answer with a reasonable answer and price gets the job. Weird but that's how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did. Thanks. You don't start a business if you can't fund it properly. He wants to do this for a living. If it was a hobby, I'd have a different answer. You don't leave your livelihood to sheer dumb luck.

Many have started business with nothing more than hard work. Some aren’t bless to be able to save and go into a business with extra funds. If you don’t have money for advertising don’t do it? No you go out. Advertise on social your social media, pound the pavement hand out fliers to local business hand out cards and talk to everyone you or anyone your friends know. I’m glad your a good detailer cuz marketing ain’t your strong suite. How did detailers do it before as words.

Don’t get me wrong AdWords is a excellent marketing platform but you don’t need it to be successful. Maybe just to be MORE successful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    He is considering purchasing buffers. So he does have some money available. As I explained earlier, it's nice to get a new tool... but what is even nicer is to get customers and make money. When I started I spent all my money on tools and products and none on advertizing. The result was me waiting for clients to call for quite a while. I did not mind too much because I had a full time job at the time. But I could have saved years before going full time had I advertized.
    So, let's say doing Facebook advertizing at 150$ per month, if it gets you only 2 jobs you more than cover that expense.
    Trust me I know sales and marketing and couldn’t agree more. But you can market yourself by social media posts word of mouth, flyers and things of that source. Go to dealership and offer free work for referrals. A lot you can do with yourself to start.

And agreed if you got 500 spend 250 on tools and 250 on advertising.... just don’t need a 3500 AdWords budget to start...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast