autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Expand Mobile Business and make more money

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    To expand on that, I've gotten rid of my "cheap" customers. I didn't want to initially because I like customers and I like money, but I did. I swear to you, nothing feels better than never doing those jobs again.
    Yeah it’s hard to do. I know I do too many old customers bad price jobs for sure. I need to cut that out. I appreciate the perspective of needing to raise my prices so that I can provide a better service. Because right now I’m not able to service all the customers who do you want my service because I’m stuck with these old customers and don’t have room in my schedule for some of the newer better paying jobs. It seems obvious and simple but I’ve just been attached to these customers and keeping all the customers and not losing them etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I completely understand not wanting to increase the price on your long term customers. I have had a few customers who have been with me from day 1 but last year I did have "the talk" with a couple of them for 2 reasons - the price of materials increases, and my time with my family is more valuable than the $100-$400 I am making doing this part time.

The result? I am turning people away this summer. I am literally booking my last 2 slots this morning (I am mobile, and seasonal as a result of being in the northeast). My regulars and long timers all contacted me in January and February for their april/may/june appointments. Don't worry about losing a customer here and there, but value your time and materials accordingly.

As others have stated, be a pro about answering the phone. If you can't answer, return the call when you can. Some calls are not going to lead to jobs. Sometimes it is just someone bouncing your price off someone else and you may not get that job anyway, but do you want to take the chance?

Post Thanks / Like

clients with long term or not , rise the price so you can run the business.

few other things you can do:
    - up-sell everything you can do : ceramic coatings, paint correction , trim restoration, etc....
    - learn new skills : tint, ppf , car wrap
    - get a shop , having a space to keep 2-3 cars for coating or polish , brings extra income
    - offer new services by team up with other professionals : dent , touch-up paint guy, tint , ppf , graphics-wrap.....

re- train your detailer/helpers, efficiency helps a lot.... if 1 person can get 1 wheel cleaned and save a minute from what he use to do , that`s 40 minutes saved for a day with 10 cars.... and is just an basic example....

the sky is the limit
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12