autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)

I'm not a big fan of YouTube detailers but occasionally I run across a gem. Thought I would share the ones that I believe could be valuable to anyone trying to break into this business

Interview with Mike Norng From AFS (Houston Texas) - YouTube

FALLING FORWARD - Detailing Industry Motivation | detailingEVOLVED - Season 2, Ep1 - YouTube
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

2. Likes Paul A., Azure, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)

Excellent vids, Flash. Thank you for sharing those with us.

The second one is a fantastic introspective reminder.

4. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The first one is over an hour long so I didn't watch it.

The second one is like a psychology lesson that could be applied to anything, not only detailing.

6. Likes PaulMys, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    The first one is over an hour long so I didn't watch it.

The second one is like a psychology lesson that could be applied to anything, not only detailing.
    I have alot of respect for both individuals. The first one is a bit long but worth listening to. Lots of good tips on how to run a business that you typically don't hear.
    Mike went from washing cars for $14 to a multi million dollar operation.

1st Class PPF, Ceramic Coatings, Tint, Vinyl Wraps | AFS Houston

I will be in the lookout for more informative videos
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the first one through and enjoyed hearing his journey. Sure, lots of talk about services I don't dabble in (tint, PPF install etc.) but some good advice about making mistakes and general perserverance.

9. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Obsidian Detailing - YouTube

Another professional. Very good channel and he's even funny lol

11. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Obsidian Detailing - YouTube

Another professional. Very good channel and he's even funny lol
    I was on a thread in DW and was trying to remember him. One of the few who are onto rinseless in UK and the video he had for removing polishing residue with ONR…. Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers) Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)

And same in that thread I’ll throw Larry from Ammo NYC in there. Forensics from across the pond is also good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes noorth, CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I was on a thread in DW and was trying to remember him. One of the few who are onto rinseless in UK and the video he had for removing polishing residue with ONR…. Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers) Inspirational/Educational YouTube videos (by REAL professional detailers)

And same in that thread I’ll throw Larry from Ammo NYC in there. Forensics from across the pond is also good.

Yeah it seems people in the UK are super against rinseless. Personally, i feel if you give the car a good rinse before a rinseless its fine. And i have a polisher anyhow for some light wash marks whenever i need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Yeah it seems people in the UK are super against rinseless. Personally, i feel if you give the car a good rinse before a rinseless its fine. And i have a polisher anyhow for some light wash marks whenever i need it.
    Their thinking and mine also is if you’ve pulled out your pressure washer or even hose then only thing your cutting out is the rinse. If I pulled either out I would just do a bucket wash.

That does make sense tho for winter washing in colder climates.

16. Likes noorth, Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    I watched the first one through and enjoyed hearing his journey. Sure, lots of talk about services I don't dabble in (tint, PPF install etc.) but some good advice about making mistakes and general perserverance.
    The majority of window tinters, vinyl or ppf installers got their start detailing cars. Some are smarter then others (not me) to expand their services.

On long videos I have to break them down in segments before my ADD kicks in. Usually 15 minutes

18. Likes Paul A. liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast