autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want to make Money? Learn to network

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Networking might be important but showing up to do the job and doing a good job are more important once you get offered the job. Then the next best thing is when a happy customer does your marketing for you word of mouth. WOW marketing is missing in a lot of businesses now.

4. Likes sudsmobile liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Networking and word of mouth are the two most overrated forms of generating business in almost every industry. I'll give my experience with other business owners. They don't want to pay. Period. If you're priced properly they're not your customer. It's honestly the easiest way to determine that your services are not priced well, other businesses are your customer. Word of mouth is great but again if you're priced properly most of those aren't your customer either. Customers come from internet searches period. There's people out there looking to use your services and pay your prices, they're actually searching for your business.

6. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Fried with 3 over easy please...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Networking and word of mouth are the two most overrated forms of generating business in almost every industry. I'll give my experience with other business owners. They don't want to pay. Period. If you're priced properly they're not your customer. It's honestly the easiest way to determine that your services are not priced well, other businesses are your customer. Word of mouth is great but again if you're priced properly most of those aren't your customer either. Customers come from internet searches period. There's people out there looking to use your services and pay your prices, they're actually searching for your business.
    This depends on the type of business. The person searching the internet isn't just searching for you they are searching for something and comparison shopping. The person who finds you by a satisfied customer referral is calling you first because he was told you do a good job.

9. Likes opie, BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    This depends on the type of business. The person searching the internet isn't just searching for you they are searching for something and comparison shopping. The person who finds you by a satisfied customer referral is calling you first because he was told you do a good job.
    Well said, i agree.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Methinks you're painting with a bit of a broad brush there. Indeed, for some transactions and types of customers, word of mouth is secondary to merely searching for someone to complete a task. In the higher-level service businesses however, word of mouth is going to bring far more QUALITY business than folks merely searching using other methods. Want a water heater replaced...Internet searching (and prior to that going through the phonebook) is likely the most used avenue to complete a task-oriented, price-conscious job. However, when quality of service trumps merely getting a job done (and price), I'd hazard a guess that word of mouth and referrals are FAR more predominant in securing work. And, in many cases, when you are providing a high level of service, with pricing that reflects that, you really don't want to deal with the Internet tire-kickers; at the end of the day the burden cost of completing a job for them eclipses the revenue they provide. There is certainly nothing wrong with folks whose primary focus is price but if that's not the segment you're servicing, they are not the customers for you. Word of mouth and referrals based upon previous business also does a good job of filtering these different customer segments. When I was working for the most expensive swimming pool service company in NE Ohio, merely looking at our Google reviews was generally NOT going to get us a job as there were plenty of "Too expensive...", "Crazy prices...", "Ridiculous..." entries yet we thrived as a business by providing expedient, excellent service at a higher price point. For some, mere price takes a back seat to expediency and quality of work...especially when you have 4 children sitting inside the house complaining how they can't comfortably use the outdoor pool because the heater is broke/needs replacing. The difference between $5500 and $7500 is irrelevant to those folks when their sanity is at stake :lol:

Like anything though, nothing is 'always' and nothing is 'never' so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    Indeed.

13. Likes opie, PaulMys, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12