autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any one here a member of the Detailing Inner Circle?

I'm just here for the morning IntelAny one here a member of the Detailing Inner Circle?🤣Any one here a member of the Detailing Inner Circle?🤣

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Good luck. The entire thing leads back to one website, a detailer in Seal Beach, CA and that whole thing leads to one of those internet hucksters that does real estate marketing. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they're related or he's backing the business because this guy obviously didn't start this by himself. Seriously, every search leads to one place. That's a real bad sign.

Oh, and I am a neutral unbiased source. If I was a paying member, I would not be either of those things.
    Yes, this project is the baby of Jimbo Bailam (SP?) and I can't remember the name of the marketing guy. Jimbo has a youtube channel that I have been following for about 2 years. They met a few years back when the marketing guy hired Jimbo to do a detail on his car. They have worked together on a few projects and they built this program together as well.

Jimbo handles the detailing aspect of the project and the other guy does the marketing and sales stuff.

I don't know what you find fishy in this. It's a training program.

I have no interest in the detailing aspect of the program, I don't think there is much I could learn from it. But in terms of marketing, I am not an expert and having access to someone who can give me a good boost in marketing would be very helpful.

They also have a few ressources I think would help, like 4 consummer guides that you can give to people to promote sales. I have been wanting to write one for about 2 years but never have the energy or motivation to do it.

I mean, if you don't think knowledge has a monetary value, I can understand. There is plenty of free information on the net and youtube in particular. But coaching is way more efficient, the only reason I have not already joined is that I want to know if the coaching is good.

Let me put it this way, 99$ per month will pay for itself if I can get 1 extra client per month because of this. So the question I have is, can I ?

Either way, I will give feedback on it if I join.

I can tell you that last year I joined Detailing Mentor and that program was 30$ per month, I stayed 3 months and think it was a very positive thing for my business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    I agree with suds to a degree.

Not sure how you're going to get an educated, unbiased response. Those that have never heard of it (like me), can't tell you anything about it. Those that know about it and didn't join probably decided no because they felt is was not worth it (a negative opinion). those that joined, see value in it, and would speak about it positively, if for no other reason than to justify their decision.

I've seen plenty of your posts. You're a thoughtful poster, and I would bet that once you've done enough research on anything, you're likely to make a good decision. I'd say trust your instincts, whichever way they point.
    Well, there might be some who have joined and did not like it too... If they are still in it, because there is no obligation to stay, it would make sense it is because they like it.

Thank you for the compliments, very kind of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Yes, this project is the baby of Jimbo Bailam (SP?) and I can't remember the name of the marketing guy. Jimbo has a youtube channel that I have been following for about 2 years. They met a few years back when the marketing guy hired Jimbo to do a detail on his car. They have worked together on a few projects and they built this program together as well.

Jimbo handles the detailing aspect of the project and the other guy does the marketing and sales stuff.

I don't know what you find fishy in this. It's a training program.

I have no interest in the detailing aspect of the program, I don't think there is much I could learn from it. But in terms of marketing, I am not an expert and having access to someone who can give me a good boost in marketing would be very helpful.

They also have a few ressources I think would help, like 4 consummer guides that you can give to people to promote sales. I have been wanting to write one for about 2 years but never have the energy or motivation to do it.

I mean, if you don't think knowledge has a monetary value, I can understand. There is plenty of free information on the net and youtube in particular. But coaching is way more efficient, the only reason I have not already joined is that I want to know if the coaching is good.

Let me put it this way, 99$ per month will pay for itself if I can get 1 extra client per month because of this. So the question I have is, can I ?

Either way, I will give feedback on it if I join.

I can tell you that last year I joined Detailing Mentor and that program was 30$ per month, I stayed 3 months and think it was a very positive thing for my business.
    I'm not sure fishy is the term I'd use, but when all results lead back to the same point of origin, that to me says somebody that is just blasting the internet with backlinks. I understand that is how he is trying to get his site ranked, but there's simply no other results, which to me seems odd.

I do believe that knowledge has value but I will say that I'm at a point in my life where I could be selling that type of help not purchasing it. Most if not all of what you're going to get from those ebooks is stuff that is written on these pages already. Can you implement that? I don't know. I can tell every single person on here how to start, run and boost their business, but not everybody is going to be able to implement the playbook due to monetary restraints, time restraints or their personality may not lead them to excel at certain aspects of customer relations. Because push comes to shove in this business, if you're successful you're not detailing vehicles you're building relationships based on trust. That's not something that everybody can do regardless of how much training they have.

Do I purchase "help" or "knowledge" for my business? Absolutely, I have hired a company that has started (not implemented for another week or so) managing my Google AdWords. I came to realize after a year of advertising that a lot of my clicks were being used on the term "... car wash." We don't really wash cars. I mean we do, but not as a huge part of our business. I'll sneak a couple a week in but I don't go out of my way to push them and my customers don't seem to want that level of service which is fine by me. So we decided that we needed to change our advertising to really pursue the jobs we wanted. After poking around in AdWords, I realized that professional help would be the way to go. It's expensive, but like you said one good sized job a month will cover it. Our goal is to maybe pick up 4-5 good sized jobs a month. If it doesn't work, I'll at least know that the work I'm looking for may not exist in this area but at least I'll know that we did everything we could to reach out for it instead of wondering if my advertising I created myself was just ineffective.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure fishy is the term I'd use, but when all results lead back to the same point of origin, that to me says somebody that is just blasting the internet with backlinks. I understand that is how he is trying to get his site ranked, but there's simply no other results, which to me seems odd.
    R: I don't think I understand what you mean. If you search my company, you would end up on my website. Why would it be different for them? I must be missing something.

I do believe that knowledge has value but I will say that I'm at a point in my life where I could be selling that type of help not purchasing it. Most if not all of what you're going to get from those ebooks is stuff that is written on these pages already. Can you implement that? I don't know. I can tell every single person on here how to start, run and boost their business, but not everybody is going to be able to implement the playbook due to monetary restraints, time restraints or their personality may not lead them to excel at certain aspects of customer relations. Because push comes to shove in this business, if you're successful you're not detailing vehicles you're building relationships based on trust. That's not something that everybody can do regardless of how much training they have.
    R: Ok I did not give enough info so you mis-understand what those books are. They are not books with knowledge for me. They are consummer guides to give to people. Basicly, they are guides to help people determine what services they need for their cars. They have one for people wanting to sell their car, one for someone looking for a detailers and I can't remember what the other 2 are at the top of my head but they are tools to get business and leads. I have not spoken with anyone yet who have seen them but let's say that they are 50 pages each, that is a lot of work to write, edit, and make look good. Probably around a 1000 hours of work to do. So to me that is very good value right there.

Do I purchase "help" or "knowledge" for my business? Absolutely, I have hired a company that has started (not implemented for another week or so) managing my Google AdWords. I came to realize after a year of advertising that a lot of my clicks were being used on the term "... car wash." We don't really wash cars. I mean we do, but not as a huge part of our business. I'll sneak a couple a week in but I don't go out of my way to push them and my customers don't seem to want that level of service which is fine by me. So we decided that we needed to change our advertising to really pursue the jobs we wanted. After poking around in AdWords, I realized that professional help would be the way to go. It's expensive, but like you said one good sized job a month will cover it. Our goal is to maybe pick up 4-5 good sized jobs a month. If it doesn't work, I'll at least know that the work I'm looking for may not exist in this area but at least I'll know that we did everything we could to reach out for it instead of wondering if my advertising I created myself was just ineffective.
    R: I was thinking of doing something similar, but if I can learn to do it myself, I would much rather do that. I have such a hard time delegating work and trusting people... everytime I do I am disapointed and can do it better myself. In the video presentation they did to promote their service, they show 2 very nice looking ads from detailers, stuff that looks much better than what I have done so far. Yet they give some feedback on how it will not attract much business and they are totally right, this is why a marketing expert can be such an asset even to someone like me who has a lot of sales experience and have no problem booking clients when someone calls me. My background is sales, not marketing, and even if the two are related, marketing is a very tricky animal that has it's own very specific set of tools that I do not posses.

Anyways, thank you for sharing your views on this. I will let everyone know if I like the program or not if I join, and if not I will also let you know why once I have talked to a person or two in the program.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's say I google "autogeek good deal detailing." I will get many hits both linking to autogeek and linking to people discussing autogeek. That's what I'm referring to. Except for the origin, there's zero link discussing it anywhere on the 'net.

As for the AdWords management, I'm the same way. There's nothing I think I can't do better than somebody else and I'm usually right. But the guys I hired, Logical Position, are just absolutely top notch. Excellent reputation from customers, staff, everybody top to bottom. I can say that I had three sales calls with my salesman and the guy was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Most salesman I absolutely destroy to the point that they typically hang up on me. When it came time to setup my advertising, the next team took over. 90 minute phone call discussing my business specifically, called exactly on time, personable, a real pleasure to talk to. My experience with this company was just first rate from the initial call to the last. If you're ever considering doing something like this, or anybody is, I can't recommend them enough. They aren't the cheapest, but then again neither am I. I'm very confident that within a month we'll have our strategy firmly ironed out and this campaign will yield the results we're looking for. He was even open enough to tell me that in my type of business where my offerings don't change much, once the strategy is in place I probably won't need their help any further as they'll walk me through the setup and help me transition out to take care of it myself. I like that because I feel like once the bones are in place I can manage to make small changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I see what you mean. Well, now this thread will probably show in google if you search them

I talked to a few people last night and this morning. They all said it was good for a new detailer but a bit useless to an experienced one. As far as the marketing goes, they give a bit of info but nothing in depth. So I guess it's not gonna be a match for what I need. Will have to keep looking for good marketing training.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123