autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?

Hello all and happy new year. Now that’s out of the way...
    there are some high end business parks in my area I want to target. I have a beautiful face, embroidered hats and collared shirts, I will definitely be looking on par.

Heres my thing I go in talk to receptionist boom hi my name lalala cool BUT would you hand him/her a stack of business cards with my phone number website etc on them? OR have some kind of flyer made up with pricing and all right on the flyer. Say 20 people in the office, you leaving 20 cards/flyers? Or just a few with the receptionist.

Also I have done the whole cards on cars thing and never again will I ever do that and I recommend for my local competitors TO do that �� just a lot of people sitting in offices that could be reached....
    Also “if I’m looking for a detail, I know how to find one people”

I think a flyer would work well drop like 5-10 off per business. Flyer would give you immediate pricing with fancy thumbnails of my work.
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 01-07-2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Bad Language

2. Dislikes Flash Gordon, Bobh59 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?

Do you have any service and mechanic shops that are for higher ends cars in your city? And one that not offers detailing of course. Ask them if you can leave some flyers and business cards. After you have presented your business and ask also if you can recommend them from your business. Could be worth it. But the first customer will be very important to impress. So you get the mouth to mouth going on. Even look into some dealerships where they only offers sales and new car prep. If they would be interested to recommend customers to you.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    ... I want to grab it by the horns XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    Well, I certainly wouldn't lead with that...
    Last edited by Bobby B.; 01-07-2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Bad Language

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Do you have any service and mechanic shops that are for higher ends cars in your city? And one that not offers detailing of course. Ask them if you can leave some flyers and business cards. After you have presented your business and ask also if you can recommend them from your business. Could be worth it. But the first customer will be very important to impress. So you get the mouth to mouth going on. Even look into some dealerships where they only offers sales and new car prep. If they would be interested to recommend customers to you.
    Thats very solid right there.also try coffee shops,bakerys ,golf course clubhouse's or just about anywhere your target clients frequent
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Google AdWords. Promote yourself as high end and your high end customers will find you. High end means looking high, acting high end, pricing your services high end, having a website that looks high end, having many photos of your high end work in a variety of places like Yelp, Instagram, Facebook, your website. The dollars you spend will more than be offset by the business you get and the time you save pounding the pavement looking for works that isn't there.

If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times. Flyers, random business cards, dropping by businesses is like looking for a specific needle in a specific haystack. That's not how professionals find business. Your "high end" target customer is a small subset of the already tiny subset of people that give a #### about their cars. Look around at the next parking lot you go to. Look at how many of those cars are clean. Look at how many people are lined up in the gas station car wash paying $7 for a wash. Those aren't your customers and those people make up 999 of the 1000 people you'll talk to. This business is a numbers game. You can't possibly reach enough potential customers on foot to turn a profit. There's exceptions to every rule, but a businessman doesn't build his business around the one possible exception.

9. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a beautiful face
    I love your confidence.Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer? I think the flyers are a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Dude, you just gave me an idea. Thanks!

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

obvi i wouldnt tell them that....use your head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Google AdWords. Promote yourself as high end and your high end customers will find you. High end means looking high, acting high end, pricing your services high end, having a website that looks high end, having many photos of your high end work in a variety of places like Yelp, Instagram, Facebook, your website. The dollars you spend will more than be offset by the business you get and the time you save pounding the pavement looking for works that isn't there.

If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times. Flyers, random business cards, dropping by businesses is like looking for a specific needle in a specific haystack. That's not how professionals find business. Your "high end" target customer is a small subset of the already tiny subset of people that give a #### about their cars. Look around at the next parking lot you go to. Look at how many of those cars are clean. Look at how many people are lined up in the gas station car wash paying $7 for a wash. Those aren't your customers and those people make up 999 of the 1000 people you'll talk to. This business is a numbers game. You can't possibly reach enough potential customers on foot to turn a profit. There's exceptions to every rule, but a businessman doesn't build his business around the one possible exception.

been on adwords running ad $40 max for months now. Im not asking how to become a hi end detailer as i already am. Everything I do is a step over every local competitor in terms of luxury. I show up in branded hat and collared t shirts. Theres so much more small things like my own pens etc. Im asking how you would approach a higher end office building. The average household income here is $158k. I highly doubt the receptionists live over here but the big dogs in the back might.

i do new ferrari 488s, lambo aventadors, wraiths and ghosts galore,bentley trucks, benz, rovers etc.

Im thinking a flyer would give them shiny paint pictures, prices, and all info needed to make decision on spot. This isnt oh hi im broke today and wondering if anyone here want their car done. Its more hi my name is ken saw some nice cars in the lot heres all my info you would need to schedule appointment have nice day BOOM!!!

Post Thanks / Like

obvi i wouldnt tell them that....use your head.
    Who were you directing this comment towards?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, trying to help. Sounds like you've got it all figured out so I'll bail.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast