autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?

Do the "high-end businesses" you are targeting have enough employees that there would be onsite Human Resources or Facilities Management? Consider "please tell people about me" versus "Would you like to offer your employees a new benefit which is onsite auto detailing at a special company rate?" In other words, find someone in the company that will realize a "win" through partnering with you. An HR person would LOVE to send an e-mail blast to the company saying "we care about you, dear employees, so much that we have a new program which provides valuable auto detailing services..."

If not, ask the receptionist to put your flyer up in the break room, that will work better than business cards.

Post Thanks / Like

As somebody that did work with several businesses with HR departments and many employees, one word, run. You can't run away fast enough. You'll turn into car washers really working for every buck you make. And we were told "please keep the services affordable for every level of employee" and "try to have enough spots open so that all employees have a chance to utilize your services." Translation: Don't book anything big because you won't be able to wash everybody's hoopty. Pros: Steady money you can count on, learn to work at a good pace, learn to deal with a lot of issues at one time. Cons: Super tedious, low hourly wage, cutting yourself off from being able to make real money that day.

I'm glad we did it, we'd never do it again. That's not high end.

3. Likes Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    So, I thought I'd post about the quote I gave today. Nice young guy, nice new 2017 Dodge Ram Hemi in really good shape. Had a couple scratches, a couple scuffs, some touch up paint where somebody backed into him. Light swirls and scratches, nothing major. I quoted him what I thought was a pretty fair price for a one step plus 1-2 hours of labor to remove the scratches and scuffs before the one step. As I told him, it looks like a couple hours of labor. It might be less, but I don't think it's more than 2 hours. He agreed that it was probably fair. He tentatively booked for Tuesday as we have rain coming Thursday-Monday.

I left to go do my first job. Three and a half hours, $240. When I'm leaving, I check my phone and he says another detailer contacted him on Yelp and gave him a quote, sight unseen, for $250 for a full one step, full interior detail with shampooing (it didn't need it, it was so clean inside you could have eaten off the floor) and the labor to remove the scratches. I mean that's a 7 hour job. Unless of course I wanted to match it. LOL. I told him to have a nice day.
    I suggested in my reply to this gentleman that he do his due diligence. Apparently, he received several more quotes more in line with what I quoted him. He spoke to one of those companies about the low ball quote he had received and they told him NOT to let them touch his truck. He mentioned my quote and they told him they'd heard good things about us, which is the same thing I told him about them when he called me back. He said he was going to mull it over and get back to me. He called me back later in the day to say he was going with me and rebooked his appointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    He tentatively booked for Tuesday as we have rain coming Thursday-Monday.
    I just looked at the forecast a few hours ago... I hope tomorrow’s detail doesn’t decide to cancel on me.Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just looked at the forecast a few hours ago... I hope tomorrow’s detail doesn’t decide to cancel on me.Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?
    Pop up tent. Fixes that issue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234