autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Approaching hi end businesses, card or flyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Who were you directing this comment towards?
    I'm guessing that would be me...

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    obvi i wouldnt tell them that....use your head.
    Was just a little levity...YouTube Lighten up Francis

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I’ll have some flyers made thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    I guess I’ll have some flyers made thanks guys

here is an idea that you can try... buy a list of the local companies with let`s say 10-50 employees , design an good looking card , have some offers for volume , mail them and pray....
    and if you pray enough and clear your sins you may end up with a few accounts.

some business owners have nice cars and they can cover washes for employees too , tru the business so they can deduct on the business.
    sometimes when you work on the boss cars , the employee may follow , just make sure you have enough man power when needed.

probably the best way is to build a network with car dealers , that way you get cars from the source and your name is given out to the right client.....

also you can target households with min 200-300k income ( just an example)
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

5. Likes DetailedByPrecision, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best way to not look like every hack detailer going from business to business is not do it in the first place.

Want to be unique and high end? Go to cars and coffee and hand out bags with a mini spray bottle of waterless wash with your contact info on it and let people use some towels of yours. When they bring them back start a conversation. Or offer to do some sort of demo.

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of what I did. Cars and Coffee or other car events. I have decals with my FB and IG @ names on my wagon. It starts a conversation that can turn into revenue if you are even a decent salesman. I have even gone as far as not washing my car for a whole month and then about the time everyone is showing up I do a waterless wash on only half of my car. About an hour later I do the other half. I like talking to people. This gives me plenty of people to talk to.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

9. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HOW do detailers who are usually very OCD and take meticulous care and pride in their own cars even think its ok to touch someone elses cars and put papers all over it (IE flyers)????? Do you like people touching your cars? Leaning over the fender to pull the windshield wiper up? Shoving a piece of paper into the window felts that are meant to keep rain out of the inside of the door? I realize OP is no longer doing this but I just cant grasp how someone so particular about vehicle care would do this to someone elses cars?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

11. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

how about having some kind of drawing where someone can win a free detail. pass out some flyers / questioners trying to find out who the car guys or girls are. you can ask questions about what they drive & how they maintain it etc,etc. tell them a little about yourself & what you do. letting them know what you want in return is some exposure. you'll take the car for a day & return it to the business park to showcase your work. I mean if you read most of the post on this site a lot of the work comes by word of mouth. if you get a nasty car & turn it into a gem you'll get some work from it. I mean I could be wrong but it may work. you may want to cruise the parking lots & maybe pick out your own project. I could be wrong but this may work in the right setting. good luck
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, how much time and energy are you going to put into picking up a customer? I think you envision some time of situation where you take a car for a day and when you come back you'll be treated as the conquering hero with some kind of presentation of your work. It doesn't work that way.

Also, and I can't reiterate this enough, that is NOT your customer. The person that lets their car get absolutely nasty is a customer in the fact that they will occasionally call you, but they're not your regular customer. The customer you're looking to turn into a regular is the customer that cares about their vehicle and just needs help keeping it looking pristine. You can't regularly rely on slobs to line your pockets because, in my experience, the slobs only call you when something bad happens (something spilled and stinks in their cars) or the situation in their car becomes untenable. They'll call you to fix the situation and you'll only hear from them again when the follow above applies again. Leopards don't change their spots.

I mean what's the end game here, to reach as few potential customers as possible while doing the maximum amount of work or to reach the maximum number of customers as possible who are looking for your services? You can needle in a haystack of needles if you want, but your time and money is better spent trying to reach customers that are actually searching the internet for your services.

Post Thanks / Like

Because frankly, in the year 2019 when people want high end detailing servicing, they're turning to internet searches, Yelp, referrals from friends (probably in that order), they're not hoping that somebody comes by their place of employment. I mean we're trying to sell high end services here, right? Not reach out to people with crappy cars at local businesses to pick up a few washes that provide the absolute worst return on investment of your time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a little funny to me that you mentioned Yelp. I have had a bunch of 5 star reviews posted by customers on Yelp only to have the reviews moved to their "Not recommended" tab by their software that can't be reversed by anyone. Mysterious, I don't think so. It just so happens that I noticed a trend and then confirmed it.

After each 5 star review I received a call from the Yelp "advertising representative" mentioning how my business page is in a fast growing category, popular search, or asking me if I had spoken to a Yelp rep before. Then they try and pitch some version a sales pitch, unconvincingly, and then I explain that I'm not interested in their add support or paying them to move me up their totem pole. Then I politely ask them about my 5 star reviews getting moved by their software to which I get a canned response about how they can't move my reviews and algorithms blah blah blah. The next day, sometimes faster, the review that was legitimately from a thankful customer of mine was moved to the before mentioned "Not recommended" tab. Since I verified this whole process with the last 5 reviews I have gotten I have stopped asking customers to post reviews there and instead post them on my Facebook page where I have control of them.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast