autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    So I've been offering this combo for a year now and I've had amazing feedback but just over the last two days this combo has earned me $1600 in 2 days. That's pretty awesome considering the amount of work needed and the profit margins.

    So first after the cars are washed I apply a thin layer of essence plus over the whole car with my GG6 speed 3.5 and a Meg's MF polish pad. About 3 pads per car, one for all the vertical panels and one for each side of the car. I leave the ceramic sealant on the car until the whole thing is done.

    Now once the car is done I use sonax PNS and spray 2 vertical lines on a panel and wipe the full length of the panel left to right is slow passes then overlap slightly and repeat.

    Then once I've done that I go over a final time with a buffing towel to remove any left over product and it's done.

    So I have about a dozen cars this combo is on that are approaching a year and the customers love the look, the protection and the price.

    So my one can of PNS (large can) and Essence plus (large one) have made me In two days $1600. That's pretty awesome in my eyes.


    Pictured is a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder with 30k miles I believe.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  2. Likes Oz_TCH, Eldorado2k, SWETM, dlc95, MattPersman and 8 others liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Do you clay the vehicles after the wash?
    You wipe off the Essence Plus once youíve finished going over the entire vehicle on speed 3.5 right? Just making sure.
    Does the Essence Plus really fill alot better than anything else youíve tried?
    And the Sonax locks in any filling done by the Essence Plus?
    Thanks for sharing.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    No clay, I've actually not been using clay for a while to see if it really makes a difference in durability and I haven't seen any noticeable difference in clay vs no clay.

    Yes, the whole car gets done before I wipe anything off, and when I wipe off it's after pns is applied to the panel.

    For straight filling, I'd guess so, I've not really used any other filler. If you count essence it's hard to say how much is filled vs it's little bit of cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you clay the vehicles after the wash?
    You wipe off the Essence Plus once youíve finished going over the entire vehicle on speed 3.5 right? Just making sure.
    Does the Essence Plus really fill alot better than anything else youíve tried?
    And the Sonax locks in any filling done by the Essence Plus?
    Thanks for sharing.


    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    No clay, I've actually not been using clay for a while to see if it really makes a difference in durability and I haven't seen any noticeable difference in clay vs no clay.

    Yes, the whole car gets done before I wipe anything off, and when I wipe off it's after pns is applied to the panel.

    For straight filling, I'd guess so, I've not really used any other filler. If you count essence it's hard to say how much is filled vs it's little bit of cut.





    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    So from what it sounds like the Sonax is the real MVP of this combo?
    Lasts a whole year meaning? Looks? Beading? Self cleaning ability? [not sure how good self cleaning ability would be without claying]... But what have you found in your longevity results?

    Why Essence Plus instead of Essence?
    Do you think your results could be similar with any other regular finishing polish? i.e. Megs M205 or HD Polish+?

  6. #5
    Senior Member Finick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Yes, the whole car gets done before I wipe anything off, and when I wipe off it's after pns is applied to the panel.
    Just to make sure Iím understanding - youíre basically wiping away the essence plus residue and applying PNS at the same time?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Just to make sure Iím understanding - youíre basically wiping away the essence plus residue and applying PNS at the same time?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just re read that part.... Ok.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Finick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just re read that part.... Ok.
    I know optimum says with their system you can wipe off their polish residue with OCW, so I assume you can probably do it with other products. PNS being aerosol maybe letís it work in a similar way.

    Works for Cruz, at least. And he details where lizards are like ďAhh, this is home. Nice and hot.Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Senior Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    10,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I know optimum says with their system you can wipe off their polish residue with OCW, so I assume you can probably do it with other products. PNS being aerosol maybe letís it work in a similar way.

    Works for Cruz, at least. And he details where lizards are like ďAhh, this is home. Nice and hot.Ē


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, itís not unheard of, just a bit unconventional but thatís ok.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    That's actually how I got the idea and started messing with different sealants to do it with to see how they work out and pns seems to do the best and in typical pns fashion you can tell that it's adhearing to the surface because it gets so I guess you can say over applied as opposed to a normal application method so the first wipe really spreads it out and you can see it smear or spread on the panel and then the final wipe removes what's left.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    This is 5 hours later

    YouTube

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  12. Likes Ochnob liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WGDGPS 3.0 or entry level coating?
    By jamesalanb in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 09:29 AM
  2. How entry level (basic detail)
    By 215Detailing in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 05:11 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 08:26 AM
  4. Entry level Electric PW-thoughts, advice etc...
    By Daviddear30 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 03:20 AM
  5. Recommedations for entry level car to show
    By frosty in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Members who have read this thread: 126

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2019

S M T W T F S
2728293031 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30