autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Yes, it even says I'm the description. I tell all my clients if can last up to 1 year if property cared for but to expect between 6 plus months in daily wear and tear environments. I've had 1 car..1 this year that failed at 3 months and came back for warranty work. Out of about 200 or so cars with this or similar combos I'd say that's pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Do you use Car Pro Eraser or an IPA wipedown first?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Do you use Car Pro Eraser or an IPA wipedown first?
    No

3. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Cruz is really on to something. Here is a pic of the family members truck that came to visit after I I used this process with SG 501/601 wiped off with Sonax PNS

While Cruz has had awesome success with the Essence/PNS combo, I am wondering what other combos may work. The DG 501 worked well because in my mind while it is a sealant the DG 601 allows for instant curing in a sense. I am assuming DG 111 or 105 would also work. I am not so sure products like Blackfire One step due to the curing time needed.
    One that I would like to try in this technique would be our old faithful HD speed. I think it could work. Mike Phillips has had success with Sonax over Pinnacle Jeweling wax that is sort of a one step like HD speed with carnuba wax. I may give it a try at some point an a car.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

5. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't wash a single car, he doesn't do interiors, and he doesn't even do wheels and tires? Oh that means he doesn't do WINDOWS either! But he made $1200 in 2 days? Why I don't understand how exactly this works for him, it seems like a detailers dream lol. He's doing the fun part and skipping everything most detailers dread.

"Yes, I have an opening in 3 days, I can detail your truck then. Just make sure you wash it, clean the wheels, do the windows and vacuum the inside before you bring it. K? Thanks bye!"

7. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Ochnob, Martin53, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    He doesn't wash a single car, he doesn't do interiors, and he doesn't even do wheels and tires? Oh that means he doesn't do WINDOWS either! But he made $1200 in 2 days? Why I don't understand how exactly this works for him, it seems like a detailers dream lol. He's doing the fun part and skipping everything most detailers dread.

"Yes, I have an opening in 3 days, I can detail your truck then. Just make sure you wash it, clean the wheels, do the windows and vacuum the inside before you bring it. K? Thanks bye!"
    Well you are correct, I've basically stopped doing the basics and really only do polishes and coatings. It didn't happen over night and it took a lot to get me to the point am at but I've been successful with this now in 6 states and two countries.

I've sinced moved to a new country and am continuing this trend and once again it is very successful to the point that I'm even partnered up with 4 other local shops and just went to look at a spot this weekend to hopefully open up as my own.

9. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I think Cruz is really on to something. Here is a pic of the family members truck that came to visit after I I used this process with SG 501/601 wiped off with Sonax PNS

While Cruz has had awesome success with the Essence/PNS combo, I am wondering what other combos may work. The DG 501 worked well because in my mind while it is a sealant the DG 601 allows for instant curing in a sense. I am assuming DG 111 or 105 would also work. I am not so sure products like Blackfire One step due to the curing time needed.
    One that I would like to try in this technique would be our old faithful HD speed. I think it could work. Mike Phillips has had success with Sonax over Pinnacle Jeweling wax that is sort of a one step like HD speed with carnuba wax. I may give it a try at some point an a car.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I've tried the HD route and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'm testing a few more combos and have two big ones set for this upcoming year just need them to release so I can try them.

11. Likes JWilliams.RadiantDetail liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Thanks for the updates, Cruz.

Hope you get yourself that spot!!!

13. Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried the HD route and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'm testing a few more combos and have two big ones set for this upcoming year just need them to release so I can try them.

What didnt you like about the HD speed combo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEAD19 View Post
    What didnt you like about the HD speed combo?
    As much as I loved speed the pad change frequency was more often than it is with essence plus and also granted essence plus has more filling It definitely gave better results majority of the time

16. Thanks PEAD19, Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well you are correct, I've basically stopped doing the basics and really only do polishes and coatings. It didn't happen over night and it took a lot to get me to the point am at but I've been successful with this now in 6 states and two countries.

I've sinced moved to a new country and am continuing this trend and once again it is very successful to the point that I'm even partnered up with 4 other local shops and just went to look at a spot this weekend to hopefully open up as my own.

That's awesome, I was thinking I could try this route. But I saw the 2nd pic of the correct car I thought "wow what an improvement" then my OCD saw the dirty tire and I just couldn't lol. But then again on my basic wash I don't do the wheels and it doesn't bother me that much hummmm. Yes you might be on to something!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast