autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
  1. #61
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Yes, it even says I'm the description. I tell all my clients if can last up to 1 year if property cared for but to expect between 6 plus months in daily wear and tear environments. I've had 1 car..1 this year that failed at 3 months and came back for warranty work. Out of about 200 or so cars with this or similar combos I'd say that's pretty good.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Do you use Car Pro Eraser or an IPA wipedown first?

  2. #62
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Do you use Car Pro Eraser or an IPA wipedown first?
    No

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  3. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Martin53 liked this post
  4. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    I think Cruz is really on to something. Here is a pic of the family members truck that came to visit after I I used this process with SG 501/601 wiped off with Sonax PNS



    While Cruz has had awesome success with the Essence/PNS combo, I am wondering what other combos may work. The DG 501 worked well because in my mind while it is a sealant the DG 601 allows for instant curing in a sense. I am assuming DG 111 or 105 would also work. I am not so sure products like Blackfire One step due to the curing time needed.
    One that I would like to try in this technique would be our old faithful HD speed. I think it could work. Mike Phillips has had success with Sonax over Pinnacle Jeweling wax that is sort of a one step like HD speed with carnuba wax. I may give it a try at some point an a car.


    Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

  5. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
  6. #64
    Senior Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    He doesn't wash a single car, he doesn't do interiors, and he doesn't even do wheels and tires? Oh that means he doesn't do WINDOWS either! But he made $1200 in 2 days? Why I don't understand how exactly this works for him, it seems like a detailers dream lol. He's doing the fun part and skipping everything most detailers dread.


    "Yes, I have an opening in 3 days, I can detail your truck then. Just make sure you wash it, clean the wheels, do the windows and vacuum the inside before you bring it. K? Thanks bye!"

  7. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Ochnob, Martin53 liked this post
  8. #65
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    He doesn't wash a single car, he doesn't do interiors, and he doesn't even do wheels and tires? Oh that means he doesn't do WINDOWS either! But he made $1200 in 2 days? Why I don't understand how exactly this works for him, it seems like a detailers dream lol. He's doing the fun part and skipping everything most detailers dread.


    "Yes, I have an opening in 3 days, I can detail your truck then. Just make sure you wash it, clean the wheels, do the windows and vacuum the inside before you bring it. K? Thanks bye!"
    Well you are correct, I've basically stopped doing the basics and really only do polishes and coatings. It didn't happen over night and it took a lot to get me to the point am at but I've been successful with this now in 6 states and two countries.

    I've sinced moved to a new country and am continuing this trend and once again it is very successful to the point that I'm even partnered up with 4 other local shops and just went to look at a spot this weekend to hopefully open up as my own.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  9. Thanks Martin53 thanked for this post
  10. #66
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I think Cruz is really on to something. Here is a pic of the family members truck that came to visit after I I used this process with SG 501/601 wiped off with Sonax PNS



    While Cruz has had awesome success with the Essence/PNS combo, I am wondering what other combos may work. The DG 501 worked well because in my mind while it is a sealant the DG 601 allows for instant curing in a sense. I am assuming DG 111 or 105 would also work. I am not so sure products like Blackfire One step due to the curing time needed.
    One that I would like to try in this technique would be our old faithful HD speed. I think it could work. Mike Phillips has had success with Sonax over Pinnacle Jeweling wax that is sort of a one step like HD speed with carnuba wax. I may give it a try at some point an a car.


    Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I've tried the HD route and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'm testing a few more combos and have two big ones set for this upcoming year just need them to release so I can try them.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  11. Likes JWilliams.RadiantDetail liked this post
  12. #67
    Senior Member JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Orange & LA Counties
    Posts
    1,040
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Good stuff. Thanks for the updates, Cruz.

    Hope you get yourself that spot!!!

  13. Likes Martin53 liked this post
  14. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I've tried the HD route and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I'm testing a few more combos and have two big ones set for this upcoming year just need them to release so I can try them.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    What didnt you like about the HD speed combo?

  15. #69
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by PEAD19 View Post
    What didnt you like about the HD speed combo?
    As much as I loved speed the pad change frequency was more often than it is with essence plus and also granted essence plus has more filling It definitely gave better results majority of the time

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  16. Thanks PEAD19, Martin53 thanked for this post
    Likes Martin53 liked this post
  17. #70
    Senior Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Well you are correct, I've basically stopped doing the basics and really only do polishes and coatings. It didn't happen over night and it took a lot to get me to the point am at but I've been successful with this now in 6 states and two countries.

    I've sinced moved to a new country and am continuing this trend and once again it is very successful to the point that I'm even partnered up with 4 other local shops and just went to look at a spot this weekend to hopefully open up as my own.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    That's awesome, I was thinking I could try this route. But I saw the 2nd pic of the correct car I thought "wow what an improvement" then my OCD saw the dirty tire and I just couldn't lol. But then again on my basic wash I don't do the wheels and it doesn't bother me that much hummmm. Yes you might be on to something!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WGDGPS 3.0 or entry level coating?
    By jamesalanb in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 09:29 AM
  2. How entry level (basic detail)
    By 215Detailing in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 05:11 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2017, 08:26 AM
  4. Entry level Electric PW-thoughts, advice etc...
    By Daviddear30 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 03:20 AM
  5. Recommedations for entry level car to show
    By frosty in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM

Members who have read this thread: 235

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» January 2020

S M T W T F S
293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1