autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I'm pretty sure you ask me this at least once a year..lol, I don't wash and I don't /didn't do the wheels. Paint only for me my friend, sounds and seems very weird but at the moment it's working and working well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Honestly, that sounds like the dream lol.

My buddy lives in Arizona, and he doesn’t even bother to wash his wheels/tires because within like half a day they’re covered in dust again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Which I exactly what my fear was but strangely it hasn't happened. and this particular client had me do five of his cars ( I forgot to get pics of the white f150 I did)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    E2K, I was thinking the same thing. Potential customers be like, "who detailed that ride? You mean I gotsta wash it myself?"

3. Likes WaxMaster1, Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

working and working well.

I see what you did there...Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$ [work them wells, but I’ll be damned if I clean them]! Lol.Entry level combo that's made me a ton of $$$

You’re a bold man. Very bold indeed... Sigh. Lol.

5. Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I stopped tire shine, it's the same in the Mojave desert where I'm at. They just turned into dirt magnets.

Funny though I bought new tires and have never shines them and they stay much cleaner with just a normal wash then any tire I've ever shined. Months have gone by and they never browned yet either
    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Honestly, that sounds like the dream lol.

My buddy lives in Arizona, and he doesn’t even bother to wash his wheels/tires because within like half a day they’re covered in dust again.

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I stopped tire shine, it's the same in the Mojave desert where I'm at. They just turned into dirt magnets.

Funny though I bought new tires and have never shines them and they stay much cleaner with just a normal wash then any tire I've ever shined. Months have gone by and they never browned yet either

For a little while this summer I actually left my tires undressed for awhile, just cleaned them every couple of weeks - and I gotta say I really didn’t mind it. I preferred it over constantly slathering tire dressing on each and every week.

It’s what got me interested in trying out something like tuff shine tire cleaner, M37 tire and rubber rejuvenator, or any of the other of those fancy dedicated rubber cleaners. If they could leave my tire truly black I’d be totally fine not dressing them. D143, super clean, power clean - though this one does it less so, tend to leave them kind of brownish after scrubbing and drying.

I think I’m just either going to have to coat them, or clean them and leave them undressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I was playing around with CarPro Extreme Gloss Enhancer because it offers some light correction plus sealing with Si02 - interesting product.

I predict “cleaner/coatings” or “cleaner/ AIOs” are the new trend for the future.

Man I hope so. This falls in line with what you've posted about doing *something* to the paint annually or twice a year.

I'll occasionally see a friend's car that gets lightly polished with an AIO every spring. I don't know which AIO exactly but I'm sure it's something decent. Wash, clay, and AIO that's it. Nothing but a simple spray wax as the sole LSP reapplied every handful of washes. Vehicle gets washed properly. If I'm being entirely honest it looked every bit as good as mine did with x layers of whatever products. Maybe it didn't have 150 degree water beading but it did look shiny when dry

9. Likes Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @Cruzcarwash. Bro... Dude... Yo..... What’s up with the wheels, tires, & wheel wells?

If you say you don’t wash, then what’s the dealio?
    Exactly. I don't see paint...I see muddy wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like

I love what he is doing. Catering to what his location wants at a price they will obviously pay

He’s cutting out all the work people don’t like (interiors, washing, wheels, etc) just a buff and protect service. Brilliant man

12. Likes The Guz, Martin53 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's working and working great. Have a few other things in the works that I'm looking at but it's to make the overall more "exclusive".. that's not the word I'm looking for but close. "I" still won't be doing washes but I'm working on a few options for those cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I love what he is doing. Catering to what his location wants at a price they will obviously pay

He’s cutting out all the work people don’t like (interiors, washing, wheels, etc) just a buff and protect service. Brilliant man

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a quicker, but lasting method for my cars. This looks to be a strong possibility. I can't wait to try this combination out in the spring. In the past I always would polish before PNS. I like this idea better, adds some more protection and will save time without having to wipe off the Essence Plus.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast