autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do any of you guys offer PDR with your detailing services?

PDR is an art form. Years to master but if your willing to spend the time, I say go for it. Makes sense to combine it with detailing!! You can get experience by trying on your current clients perhaps. Good luck!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

PDR is a full time gig. The training and the cost of the specialized tools make it difficult to get into. I would either be a detailer or a PDR guy, but there is no harm in learning something new. Who knows you may go into it full time.

The PDR guy I use flies all over the world to ply his craft. He says he could work 7 days a week if he wanted to. The good ones are in high demand. He got out dents I would have bet money he wouldn’t have been able to touch, pretty amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    PDR is an art form. Years to master but if your willing to spend the time, I say go for it. Makes sense to combine it with detailing!! You can get experience by trying on your current clients perhaps. Good luck!!
    I agree it is amazing some of the work I’ve seen people do with it. Like I said before I know it’s going to be a long road ahead. But I kind of look at it as I do detailing. I didn’t know what I was doing when I started out. If you keep going at it and keep studying you can master anything. I still learn something new detailing after 10 plus years. I’m sure PDR will be no different in that aspect. I do wholesale vehicles for a family members lot and I can pretty much do whatever I want to those vehicles. I figured that would be a good place to start learning. That’s how I learned to use a rotary and to polish.

4. Likes Dr Oldz, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    I agree it is amazing some of the work I’ve seen people do with it. Like I said before I know it’s going to be a long road ahead. But I kind of look at it as I do detailing. I didn’t know what I was doing when I started out. If you keep going at it and keep studying you can master anything. I still learn something new detailing after 10 plus years. I’m sure PDR will be no different in that aspect. I do wholesale vehicles for a family members lot and I can pretty much do whatever I want to those vehicles. I figured that would be a good place to start learning. That’s how I learned to use a rotary and to polish.

You never know until you try!! Sounds like you have a good starting point! You are never too old to learn something new! I agree with you. You can master anything if you put your mind to it.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily my niece married a tech from Dent Wizard. He just went through a 2 month training session in St Louis to get certified. He is a pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12