autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you guys offer PDR with your detailing services?

I’ve been looking at incorporating PDR services with my detailing for some time now. To me it just makes sense to have the two of them together. I’ve heard of a pretty good training center in Florida. I have to go to Florida during the first quarter anyway for coating certification. I would like to line the two up together while I’m down there.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do any of you guys offer PDR with your detailing services?

Yes, and we have a great guy who does amazing work. I notate them on the VIF and mention to the customer if they want to take care of them. I take good pic's (as best as possible) send them to my guy who works up a quote. The mark-up for me is insignificant, but the results are stunning and makes for a better customer experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Yes, and we have a great guy who does amazing work. I notate them on the VIF and mention to the customer if they want to take care of them. I take good pic's (as best as possible) send them to my guy who works up a quote. The mark-up for me is insignificant, but the results are stunning and makes for a better customer experience.
    I know of another shop that does that as well. Have you ever thought about doing the PDR yourself?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    I know of another shop that does that as well. Have you ever thought about doing the PDR yourself?
    Heck no!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it takes a lot more skill/ knowledge than you appear to think. There's a lot of, would you say, having a touch ( from having a lot of experience) involved.

Maybe if one was just to concentrate on door ding type jobs you could do it. But I don't think taking a class is going to get you anywhere near being a PDR guy.

Just my take from having looked into it a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^ what he said ^^^^ It's so much easier to call someone who has already been doing it a long time and arrange a deal with them. The guy I call is retired, and enjoys doing it on his time and is very good. The pay per ding is not very high for the amount of skill and travel, so from his retired perspective it's good..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    I think it takes a lot more skill/ knowledge than you appear to think. There's a lot of, would you say, having a touch ( from having a lot of experience) involved.

Maybe if one was just to concentrate on door ding type jobs you could do it. But I don't think taking a class is going to get you anywhere near being a PDR guy.

Just my take from having looked into it a bit.
    No doubt. I know I’m not going to take a 2-3 week class and be a pro. I am just doing the class because I will already be down there anyway. I am looking at this class as more of a starting point than anything. I didn’t learn how to detail in a couple weeks. So I don’t expect to learn PDR in a couple of weeks. I know it’s going to be a long road ahead. I can just take the jobs depending on what skill level I’m at, at that point of my learning. I just thought it would be a good skill set to have and it would be a extra option to add to my detailing portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like

I sub it out as that's something that takes years of experience to perfect. I have a older gentleman that is phenomenal. Actually he will be here this weekend doing some work for me.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing too. Is the area I live in doesn’t have anyone doing PDR. That’s another reason I started considering it.

Post Thanks / Like

Like has been said,,it takes years to perfect,,we have some PDR tools around the shop and have dinked around on backrow beaters but I would never even think about attempting it on a customer car.

The guy we sub it out to is OK,I've seen better.,,,one guy I know says it nots not only knowing how to do it but when to stop on a difficult area or not bother with it all
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast