autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much for a detail?

I feel like I’ve spent thousands of hours in my detailing career trying to answer that question to potential customers. The best I ever did was coming up with a script to run through but it was impossible to remember the prices for all the problems they may have for their particular car. I decided to make a program on my website to answer that question for me. A potential customer can click on the How much for a detail? Tab and it will run them thru a series of questions with a price total the whole way thru. If at the end they like the services offered for the price they can submit me a sheet and I will let them know the next available days to book the appointment.

I’ve never seen anything like this on any Detailer’s website before, it’s kind of like a build your meal thing you might see on a restaurant website.

Let me know what you think, just don’t submit me a bunch of forms lol.

Oahu Auto Detailing - Home

Sweat The Details - Home | Facebook

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much for a detail?

This like GTechniq’s site. I always liked the way it was setup. You pick all your options and it gives you a total at the end. This would make life a lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting.

I would love something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant. I'm a fulltime software engineer during the week and detail on the weekends. I've thought of doing something like this as well. If you could find a way to package that up and sell it to other detailers, I bet you could make a few bucks.

6. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats neat. I wanted to submit my results SOOOOO BAD!!! lol
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

8. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Thats neat. I wanted to submit my results SOOOOO BAD!!! lol
    That made me laugh!

Good job, sweatthedetails!! I like the idea. The execution into your site works well, too.

10. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. The only issue I can see in the future is when I want to update my prices. I will need to go thru a ton of pages to change the numbers one at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    I feel like I’ve spent thousands of hours in my detailing career trying to answer that question to potential customers. The best I ever did was coming up with a script to run through but it was impossible to remember the prices for all the problems they may have for their particular car. I decided to make a program on my website to answer that question for me. A potential customer can click on the How much for a detail? Tab and it will run them thru a series of questions with a price total the whole way thru. If at the end they like the services offered for the price they can submit me a sheet and I will let them know the next available days to book the appointment.

I’ve never seen anything like this on any Detailer’s website before, it’s kind of like a build your meal thing you might see on a restaurant website.

Let me know what you think, just don’t submit me a bunch of forms lol.

I have thought about it for years but I am not a programmer so implementing it would be costly. I need to re-design my website on Wix this winter while my detailing business is closed. Maybe I will spend the money to get it done. I think it's the best way to do it, since most people have no idea what they need.

Post Thanks / Like

I tested it and from the way it works I will assume you generate 2 pages with each options. That can quickly become overwhelming if you want to give many options.

But it works. I can't use this process for what I want to do, it would create thousands of pages. My idea was to take the customer though every single option from wash - decontamination - sanding - compounding - polishing - LSP then do the same for interior with basic (vacuum/wipedown) - carpet shampoo - seat shampoo - various protective products (plastic/scotch guard) - pet hair removal - salt removal. So for what I want to do a database is needed.

If you can keep your options to a small enough number, your approach will definatelly work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I tested it and from the way it works I will assume you generate 2 pages with each options. That can quickly become overwhelming if you want to give many options.

But it works. I can't use this process for what I want to do, it would create thousands of pages. My idea was to take the customer though every single option from wash - decontamination - sanding - compounding - polishing - LSP then do the same for interior with basic (vacuum/wipedown) - carpet shampoo - seat shampoo - various protective products (plastic/scotch guard) - pet hair removal - salt removal. So for what I want to do a database is needed.

If you can keep your options to a small enough number, your approach will definatelly work.
    Your right. The more options you offer the pages you need to build really add up. I was able to copy a lot of the pages then just change prices. But then you have to link them and sometimes that was a lot to wrap my head around.

Oahu Auto Detailing - Professional Detailing Ewa Beach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast