autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much for a detail?

What I like most is the initial pics of vehicles when it comes to selecting what you drive. However, from that point on it's a little too much. Sometimes it's best to just keep it simple as the end-cost is going to be the same. Leaves a lot of room for people to begin to question, wonder, etc. If in the end you're selling a solution, then price out the solution vs making it overly complicated or revealing. I don't put pricing online either. My services are priced out once someone selects the package and contacts me.

Just my two cents.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

It works. But IMO, it would be better if you din't have to do so many clicks to get to the Submit.

If there was a way you can pick and choose all your options once you choose whether to do Car Cleaning, Car Detailing or New Car Protection.

It would also be nice if there was a detail info somewhere as to what product you use, etc.

HTH

Post Thanks / Like

How much for a detail?

Good input. I used to not put pricing on my website because of a Renny Doyle book I read. But in the end it led to soooo many tire kickers calling me and wasting my time. I agree with making it simpler. Problem is we do not do a simple job so how can we convey that to our customers with out bogging them down with info. I’m definitely going to add more pics and I just optimized it for mobile viewing. If I had it all laid out on one page for a one click option for the customer I believe that might be info overload. Plus the fact that they go through and “build” their own package gets them invested in the process.

By the way just booked my first appointment thru the new system. A reg size interior with sand and odor removal for $220. Best part is it only took me the 5 minutes to look through my schedule and send them a text to do it!

Oahu Auto Detailing - Professional Detailing Ewa Beach
    Sweat The Details - Home | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    It works. But IMO, it would be better if you din't have to do so many clicks to get to the Submit.

If there was a way you can pick and choose all your options once you choose whether to do Car Cleaning, Car Detailing or New Car Protection.

It would also be nice if there was a detail info somewhere as to what product you use, etc.

HTH
    I see what you mean about having one page and click all the options. I wish I knew how to do that. The way I built it was page by page with links. Must of built 300 pages so far. Still adding to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweatthedetails View Post
    Good input. I used to not put pricing on my website because of a Renny Doyle book I read. But in the end it led to soooo many tire kickers calling me and wasting my time. I agree with making it simpler. Problem is we do not do a simple job so how can we convey that to our customers with out bogging them down with info. I’m definitely going to add more pics and I just optimized it for mobile viewing. If I had it all laid out on one page for a one click option for the customer I believe that might be info overload. Plus the fact that they go through and “build” their own package gets them invested in the process.

By the way just booked my first appointment thru the new system. A reg size interior with sand and odor removal for $220. Best part is it only took me the 5 minutes to look through my schedule and send them a text to do it!

Ya, I don't agree with Doyle on that either. First, if I go on a website and there are no pricing, I am automaticly suspicious that the business wants to hide their prices because they are not competitive. I very seldom take the time to call and just move on to the next business. Then there is the situation you describe with people wanting car wash prices. If they go on my site and check my offering, they will either reflect on it and decide if they want to pay that much or not, so when they call, they have already decided they want to pay for my services.

I get a ton of calls from people finding me on Google Maps (I assume) because they never know I am mobile, and they are always shocked by my prices. You know.... no, I am not gonna spend 6 hours working on your car for 20$.

Thankfully, this summer most of the calls I got were for coatings and combo details. Still annoying when I get these calls But having prices on my site is not something I would back away from.

6. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see what you mean about having one page and click all the options. I wish I knew how to do that. The way I built it was page by page with links. Must of built 300 pages so far. Still adding to it.

That is what I was saying earlier, you need a database and some coding. You could completelly customize the packages this way, but it's not something you can do with basic HTML. A programmer can make this work, and when you change your prices you simply update the database.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Wix.com they have templates you may be able to use and its mobile optimized.

9. Likes sweatthedetails liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12