autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Importance and Value of Weekly Maintenance Customers

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    +3 on the bigger tank. I had the small one and the exchange was killing me. Remember they build a delivery fee into the pickup and drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quick question. Does your system make waste? I was told that some of these systems use 2x gallons of water to make x gallons of spot free water. Is that true with this system?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, no waste. RO systems on the other hand, use 3 to make 1.

**Side Note**
    Don't even get my oldest daughter started on RO systems! OMFG!! She has a Master's degree in Sustainable Environmental Engineering and her field of specialty is renewable water sources and preservation. It's a good thing she's Buddist and practices yoga because as fired up as she gets about the reverse osmosis process and its shameful waste of Earth's most precious natural resource.... Oy!! She'd be inventing new meanings to the word "Postal"
    Namaste, Jessica, NAMASTE!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have a awesome customer I’m about to go do his vehicles this morning a 18 650i vert and 18 Rover Sport. I know the garage code. The keys will be in each vehicle and the cash will be in the Range Rover. This will be the 2nd time this week I’ve been out. Usually we do like Tuesday’s and Saturdays. This guy I showed up to his house Xmas morning 2017 I told him I didn’t mind I don’t have a family. $300 bonus or tip or gift.

Weeklys are hard to come by. I recommend biweekly and cut them a small discount. I’ve grown my weeklys to the man above and another guy with a trackhawk and Durango SRT. My biweeklys are a gx460, 488,740i, 458, glx etc etc etc

Repeat customers are key

Post Thanks / Like

Got Puretec delivering the 14" tank this Friday. Can't wait to use it for the first time. So question I had, to preserve as much DI water as possible, does everyone else use it for final rinse only or what is your process? My thought process would be, rinse like I normally would, wash 2 bucket method then final rinse with DI water then let the sun dry it? Unless I should use DI water for the initial rinse and bucket wash?

Post Thanks / Like

The Importance and Value of Weekly Maintenance Customers

Quote Originally Posted by Duy View Post
    Got Puretec delivering the 14" tank this Friday. Can't wait to use it for the first time. So question I had, to preserve as much DI water as possible, does everyone else use it for final rinse only or what is your process? My thought process would be, rinse like I normally would, wash 2 bucket method then final rinse with DI water then let the sun dry it? Unless I should use DI water for the initial rinse and bucket wash?
    I use it for the whole process from start to finish. I do mainly maintenance work these days and can’t afford nastily AZ water mucking up a car, including my own.

When I first moved to AZ I didn’t wash one vehicle until my tank arrived, which was the second week after moving in.

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Duy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    I use it for the whole process from start to finish. I do mainly maintenance work these days and can’t afford nastily AZ water mucking up a car, including my own.

When I first moved to AZ I didn’t wash one vehicle until my tank arrived, which was the second week after moving in.

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome, thanks for the info Paul!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duy View Post
    I choose to be a bit more frugal with the DI water. I use it only for the final rinse - after I have rinsed the soapy water off with city water. I use a lot less water that way.
    Half of my driveway is covered with a 10'x20' canopy that's permanently attached to the ground so I've got that for shade and I also can wash inside my garage with the door closed when it's hot and stay cool because the garage is climate controlled.

I do use the DI water to wash my pads and I run my towels through a rinse only cycle in my secondary washer that I use solely for that purpose. It makes a big difference. When I foam a vehicle, I usually will use DI water due to the fact that the foam is far thicker and will cling much better.Of course, anything I choose to dillute I use DI water.

as to your question about just letting it dry in the sun... That's entirely up to you. In my case, unless I've got lots of time, I'll usually blow all the water out of the crevices and any that has pooled on the roof or wherever, and I'll leave whatever water happens to still be attached to the vert surfaces and use it to my advantage if the next step is QDS or Spray wax.

If I've just finished correcting a vehicle with anything that produces a lot of dust, I'll rinse the vehicle off with DI rather than trying to wipe the dust off because It's a losing battle due to the static trying to wipe it off. Rinsing it ensures all of the dust is gone and provides a static free surface to then do a final wipe with a lint free super plush towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, did they waive the deposit for everybody here? I said to the Puretec rep "Hey, I read online that if you're not planning on using the tank mobile and it will never leave my home, you guys waive the deposit?" He replied very tersely "Puretec requires a $250 deposit for the tank." Like PERIOD. My guy was not super friendly, seemed like he was mostly reading off a script. Not a deal breaker but I don't like deposits because most places find a reason to keep them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Just out of curiosity, did they waive the deposit for everybody here? I said to the Puretec rep "Hey, I read online that if you're not planning on using the tank mobile and it will never leave my home, you guys waive the deposit?" He replied very tersely "Puretec requires a $250 deposit for the tank." Like PERIOD. My guy was not super friendly, seemed like he was mostly reading off a script. Not a deal breaker but I don't like deposits because most places find a reason to keep them.
    My rep was fantastic. He did have to get authorization from someone at HQ to waive the deposit but he went to bat for me and explained that mine was not a mobile business and that the tank would never leave the premesis. They waived it in my case.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'll shoot an email up the chain before I sign the paperwork. It was like he wasn't even interested in discussing it. He just cut me off. I swear I have the worst luck getting the same customer service that everybody else gets.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast