autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leaving flyer on parked car: ultimate sin?

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
    Just went to a local show and watched a detailer walking the crowd signing up car owners for a raffle. No cost for the car owners just an entry card with name, phone number and email address for you entered into raffle. Top prize a ceramic coating.
    That is a great idea. Gets you the exposure you want with no possible down side.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be the naysayer on the raffle. Sorry guys.. Problem I see with the raffle is, so you're giving your professional services, time and product away... in "hopes" that it will generate more or referral business at a car-show. I've been down the road of giving discounts in hopes of getting more work, but it has never worked. I work with the intent that those who want my services will pay for it. No need to give it away. That's just my opinion.

Now onto the OP: There is nothing that infuriates me more than seeing a flyer on my vehicle. Typically a driver will not see it until after they're seated in the car, making it even more infuriating that they have to get back out to remove the flyer. It's a psychological thing...

If I were you, I'd find out who owns the lot/building/residence/business... And work it from that angle. See if they have a news-letter, social media, or means of communicating with those who park in their lot. Perhaps purchase a small amount of advertising space on their parking tickets, or news letter. That would be better spend time / money.

3. Likes dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Do not put crap on someones car. Ever.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

5. Likes LSNAutoDetailing, Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Very good idea. Instead of a ceramic coating. I’d give away 2-3 mid-level details. Get more people in your shop, more exposure. Still a great concept.

I would tweek Thant concept in a 512Detail way. Pick a charity, call them up and tell them what you want to do. Something like I would like to raffle off a (blank) type of detail at (blank) car show. Then they might want to have a volunteer at the show with you, to promote the charity. Another option would be to get a official letterhead from them stating you've teamed up with them, and all proceeds of said raffle is going to them. Plus they could give you literature to pass out for the charity. It would be a win, win, win. Great for a charity, great for whoever wins. It's great for you too. It showed you care about people, community, and you take pride in helping. Have your brochure with you with services, before and after pictures. I'm sure whoever is hosting the car show would be good with the charity raffle, or silent auction.

Post Thanks / Like

To the guy that said you're giving away business to get more business, not exactly. You're giving away business to get the names and email addresses of potential customers. You're essentially paying for leads. It's not really the same because you're not hoping for 1:1 return of business. You're hoping to cultivate many leads and potentially grab some new clients that way. Businesses do it all the time, if it wasn't somewhat effective they wouldn't.

As for the flyers, I've posted this before many times. It's needle in a haystack. Ask yourself how many people are potential customers out of 1000. If you think that number is any higher than 5 you're dreaming. If it's 5 that .5%. That's remarkably low. Handing out flyers, stopping at random businesses, talking to 20 people somewhere, those are all needle in a haystack. To reach your customer, you need to hit thousands of people at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Advertise with some local little leagues, it will cost you but might work. Even sponsor a team

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, because when people go to a little league game they're often shopping for high end auto detailing. Here's where you spend your money. Google. That's it unless you're just absolutely flush with cash that you need to get rid of for a 1:1 ROI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    I would tweek Thant concept in a 512Detail way. Pick a charity, call them up and tell them what you want to do. Something like I would like to raffle off a (blank) type of detail at (blank) car show. Then they might want to have a volunteer at the show with you, to promote the charity. Another option would be to get a official letterhead from them stating you've teamed up with them, and all proceeds of said raffle is going to them. Plus they could give you literature to pass out for the charity. It would be a win, win, win. Great for a charity, great for whoever wins. It's great for you too. It showed you care about people, community, and you take pride in helping. Have your brochure with you with services, before and after pictures. I'm sure whoever is hosting the car show would be good with the charity raffle, or silent auction.
    I'm all for helping charity. Personally, I'd rather write a check. But, hey, I got hornswaggled into providing a free detail for a charity auction a few months ago. The guy that won ended up being about the biggest asshole possible. Rude to me on the phone when he called to schedule. Then we got stuck in accident traffic coming from our first job to his job that day. I called him three times from like 10 minutes before to 10 minutes after his appointment, trying to let him know we were stuck in traffic but would be there ASAP. He finally called me back and yelled at me "WHERE ARE YOU? IT'S 10 TWENTY FOUR!!!" We get there and he acts like we're going to steal something from him. Then he left like 20 minutes after we got there and put the housekeeper in charge of me. LOL We finished. No tip, no thank you, no nothing. He did text me the next day to say the car looked great. Never heard from him again of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, any business card or flyer left on my car is immediately discarded, i don't bother to look at what it's about.

Post Thanks / Like

Try different avenues. Don’t knock it until you try it,I achieved high end Clients advertising a local little league ( You would be surprised how many CFO and CEO’s went to watch their kids play). See if it works, even though one poster her knocked it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast