autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: To those using PayPal to aceept customer payments

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The error was pretty minor, the fields for business name and personnal name were inverted on the form. And she did go through the process to have it fixed... several times. Only after she made a video denouncing the situation did PayPal act to resolve the issue. If it had been job blow without hundred of thousands of subscribers, her money would probably still be frozen. And from what she is saying, she is not the only one, plenty of people on the PayPal forum had the same issue, for years....

I don't know about you but if Square decided to freeze my account when I have several thousands of dollars in transaction pending... It would be quite an issue for me.

As for PayPal being bank or not... I have no idea. She says they are not but I did not research it. If they are a bank, then I think there are ways you can get the issue fixed since bank are regulated by the government. For private companies, I don't know how you would go about it.
    If Square decided to do that it would definitely suck, but it would not be an issue for me.

And, I believe you're wrong about the timeline. I believe PayPal did rectify her situation before she made the video, in fact, I'm sure of it. I believe that PayPal stepped up and reimbursed her the fees after the video. Regardless, filling out business paperwork whether it's a bank or not is an issue. I'm not sure if a mistake of that nature is a minor issue. They stated that the business name that they had on file didn't match that of the bank account they were funding. That sounds like more than a minor issue to me.

2. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean I know it seems minor like it's an easy fix but to change the name of a business on official financial paperwork is a big deal not an easy minor fix. Seriously, go down to the bank and tell them that you want to change the business name on your business checking account. See how easy that is.

4. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have used paypal since 2004 for literally thousands of transactions and have never had an issue what so ever.
    ^^ this. that said, I don't leave funds in there long at all. side note is that person needs to sum up her video. OMG, 37 minutes is way too long. I honestly couldn't watch it. Painful.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes PaulMys, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made it to the 25 minute point, but I love her accent.

Seriously, we all make mistakes. I understand that her issue was stressful, but that's what you get when you don't cross your Is and dot your Ts. Is PayPal partially to blame for the length of time it took? Probably so, but we really don't have any idea of the issues at hand, we only have one side of the story. I'm certain it wasn't some kind of issue with PayPal being vengeful or trying to rake in interest on 2500 pounds for 3 weeks. That's just some conspiracy theory ####. It's a life lesson. She got her money, she learned a valuable lesson about making sure her business paperwork is done right.

I recently had an issue with a credit union trying to resolve something with our account that they wholly 100% screwed up on their end. My son financed a car where I'm the cosigner. When the paperwork was done by the dealer, they forgot to include the credit union as the lien holder on the title. A YEAR AGO! The credit union called me and asked me about it. I said "Yeah, you're not on the title, sucks to be you." They were almost insistent that I go down to DMV and fix the dealer's and their mistake. I told them to kick rocks. We'll call the note. I'll pay it today in cash. Finally, they figured out how to do it without me. The had to petition the CA DMV and prove that they were the rightful leinholder on the car. The issue became they did it when the registration was due. DMW placed a hold on any transactions against the registration, not able to pay online, not able to pay in person. The registration became late. After about 3 weeks, the hold was removed and we went down to AAA to pay the registration. Something like a $60 late fee was added due 100% to factors beyond my control. You don't see me bitching and moaning about it or making a video. I was 100% the innocent party in this. But, still, not going to the CA DMV best $60 I ever spent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    If Square decided to do that it would definitely suck, but it would not be an issue for me.

And, I believe you're wrong about the timeline. I believe PayPal did rectify her situation before she made the video, in fact, I'm sure of it. I believe that PayPal stepped up and reimbursed her the fees after the video. Regardless, filling out business paperwork whether it's a bank or not is an issue. I'm not sure if a mistake of that nature is a minor issue. They stated that the business name that they had on file didn't match that of the bank account they were funding. That sounds like more than a minor issue to me.
    Your right, I did not explain it correctly. They did free her account before she made the video but only refunded her for all the fees she had to pay after the video was seen by someone at PayPal.

As for the error. If all the information is there: Company name, owner's name, adress, etc... the fact that the owner name appears in the company name's box and that the company name appear's in the owner name's box should not be any issue at all. It's a clerical error but no information is missing, and no false information was given. Also, she is an artist, so she is most likelly a sole proprietor, and as such she is the business. Anyway, that is how it works here in Canada. For example, I file a personal tax return that also includes my business expenses and gains. I do not file a separe tax return for the business. As such, I am liable for everything regarding the business because the business is actually me.

I really doubt she has incorporated her business with all the fees that involves. She is living with her mother and paying rent to her, doesn't sound like a rich person to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    I mean I know it seems minor like it's an easy fix but to change the name of a business on official financial paperwork is a big deal not an easy minor fix. Seriously, go down to the bank and tell them that you want to change the business name on your business checking account. See how easy that is.
    Again, she did not want to change the name of the business, all they had to do was put the correct information in the correct boxes. I don't know what her business name is but let's say it's Debbie's magnificiant arts. Do you know anyone who goes by a name like that and owns a business named Debbie Johnson?

I am sure the manager at PayPal can use his head and see it's a simple clerical error and just ask her to authorise the correction in their file.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    ^^ this. that said, I don't leave funds in there long at all. side note is that person needs to sum up her video. OMG, 37 minutes is way too long. I honestly couldn't watch it. Painful.
    Detailers are usually very patient... it's kind of a requirement for the job

Post Thanks / Like

Two things. First, they refunded her the fees as an apology for her troubles. They were entitled to the fees. The fees were part of her cost of doing business. It's not like they made her whole with their company, they likely did it to offset the fees her bank was charging her for being overdrawn. Again, that's her fault. Most businesses fail from being under capitalized. Running out of money from one setback is the definition of being under capitalized. Second, and again I can't stress this enough, PayPal can't just "change things" that seem obvious on a business account. Whether they're an actual bank or not, they have to follow certain rules and regulations in regards to their paperwork. You're acting like she messed up her Spotify account. This is paperwork at a financial institution. I had a friend two hours away from closing on a refi of his house and had to start completely from scratch because his wife had a fairly common nickname as an actual first name and somebody that was doing their paperwork changed it to what they thought her legal first name was. It wasn't her name. She noticed it while they were signing the final docs. He had to completely start over from square one. Every piece of paper had to be resubmitted.

You're letting your emotions get in the way of common sense. I'm telling you how things work. They don't work like you think they should. That's the same mistake that young lady made. Thinking financial documents that are incorrectly filled out are easily fixed. They're not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12