autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wash, then Straight to Claying; Skipping Rinsing & Drying

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    So, I watch more than a few detailing channels on YT and recently I've noticed a trend amongst these full-time detailers which is to clay the vehicle while there is still a wet layer of dust/dirt on the paint. These detailers claim that on a slightly dirty car, you can get away with claying a vehicle before rinsing the soap/rinsless-formula during a wash & wax. They will apply soap/formula, move a wash mitt over the vehicle, then go straight to claying before rinsing.

Obviously, this saves them time & allows them to work faster and fit more into their workday, but are they onto a good thing for those who are concerned with saving as much time as you can, while still being reasonable? This question is asked when there will not be paint correction performed afterwards because in the videos, there is no paint correction afterwards.

I've seen written here that polishing always follows Clay ingredients because there will be some marring, and I have always agreed. I've agreed because I always notice a lot of marring after I clay. I used to over-tighten bolts too, when I was younger. Maybe some of us are claying too hard, with too much pressure?
    What do you guys think?

These are most likely the guys charging $75 or something ridiculously cheap for a full detail. These type of “car cleaners” are why there is a demand for true detailers.

Really why would you want to make compounding/polishing harder than it already is? That’s all they are doing by claying a dirty car!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    These are most likely the guys charging $75 or something ridiculously cheap for a full detail. These type of “car cleaners” are why there is a demand for true detailers.

Really why would you want to make compounding/polishing harder than it already is? That’s all they are doing by claying a dirty car!
    According to them there isn’t going to be any polishing afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    According to them there isn’t going to be any polishing afterwards.
    Guess that’s why we’re in business then!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Are people really doing this? Ive seen Optimum do a wash/clay/wax but in my head rinseless washing is a different situation than a traditional wash.

That’s wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    The topic is obviously relatable to 101, but I chose here since my original post question is regarding certain professional detailers skipping a step--under certain conditions--to save time, and/or because rinsing can be viewed as unnecessary, supposedly.
    Hopefully, someone who has actual experience, successful, or unsuccessful can chime in. And, BTW, don't assume that just because I started this thread means that I agree with skipping rinsing. I found the practice of skipping the rinse by professional detailers odd, and especially odd when they put it up on YT, and other sites for others to see.
    Hey, you didn't exactly come out and say that you disagreed with this process. In fact, you stated that you used to overtighten bolts when you were younger, as if maybe you stumbled onto some new idea about how to do things.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a headache just reading the original post. Never in a million years would I think to skip a rinse...... wow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12