autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where to sell existing mobile business/trailer?

Hey guys, new here and while i've been detailing for awhile I decided to go mobile back in December of last year and set up a pretty nice trailer with everything including a reverse osmosis water system. The business being in it's infancy isn't something someone can buy and have steady repeat clientele so someone basically will buy the trailer/equipment and have a established web presence they can build on but i'm having trouble finding the best place to sell it. Do you guys know of where the best place to sell might be? I'm selling because I have another business that i've owned since 2015 that in the last few months decided to finally get traction and get rolling really well and is paying better than mobile detailing could, otherwise I'd probably keep detailing on the side but i'm busy 7 days a week and about to hire another employee to help with the work load. I've listed on craigslist, facebook marketplace and have thought about bizbuysell but I think that may be more for established businesses with easy recurring income.

Would it be best to sell the trailer with it's water system and include the business name/website and then part it all out? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where to sell existing mobile business/trailer?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you're really selling the bones of a business and not an actual business. A business is something with books, and P&L statements, customers, recurring monthly/weekly revenue, advertising, etc. What you're selling are the tools you used to run a business, not a business. Craigslist would be my recommendation.

Newbie Member StartAutoDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about hiring someone to run the detailing business for you? You would want to find someone that you know would be able to produce the quality of work that you produced for your clients. You might be able to hire someone to run the business and then after some time (3 months, 6 months, etc.) offer to sell them the entire business. If you are looking to sell the business, you will want to answer these questions to potential buyers:

How many clients do you have currently?
    How many of those clients come to you yearly/semi-annually/quarterly/monthly/weekly?
    How much debt does the business have?
    How much revenue did you make last year?
    How much money in your tools/products do you have?
    What is your monthly cost?
    etc.

If you want to dump your trailer and maybe your products, search around for someone who is just getting started and needs what you are looking for. The best way is to search around online for locals, call around, look for auto detailing business cards at shops and stores, ask neighbors, etc. Also check with some of your competition in your area, someone might be looking to expand and get another trailer.

Congratulations on your other business taking off!

Start your Auto Detailing Business Today!
    https://www.startautodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you guys for your input. I know it's a bare bones sale and i've considered hiring someone to run it but I'm not sure i'll have the time to properly train, manage and keep the reputation I desire, so with that I'd rather sell and focus the money and effort towards growing my other business.

Should I part my setup out or should I try to sell as a whole?

Thank you everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if you try to part it out, it's going to drag out for a long time and you'll end up with a lot of stuff that doesn't sell.