autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback on my website

Hello, I’ve had my website up and running for a little while now. I felt it would be beneficial to ask for some feedback. I’ve been tweaking things here and there. I would also like some opinions on my logo. I designed it myself years ago but have been debating on changing it.

The website seems to show better on a pc vs smart phone, services are out of order, at least on my iPhone. Any information is appreciated.

mysite

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback on my website

Pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Pretty nice.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Everything laid out for the customer to see and they can pick and choose services. Easy to navigate as well.

Newbie Member StartAutoDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall it looks great, I did not check on mobile but here are my desktop tips for you.

I don’t see a problem with your logo.

Title tag should not say “mysite”, instead should be specific to auto detailing in Cincinnati.

Look into getting a more “professional” email address. You can create a G Suite Business account and get an email address like contact@tullsautodetailing.com.

Gallery:
    A lot of unneeded space shows if looking at 2018 page. Looks like you copied the 2017 page and changed the pictures but the extra space below the pictures came with it.

I wouldn’t even bother with splitting up the images by year. To a customer it looks like you have only done 3 details in 2018 which is probably not the case. I would simply provide images to look through, to a customer it doesn’t matter when you did the work.

Services:
    Your services page probably needs the most work on making it more appealing to the eyes to read.

Having this line at the top is not screaming at me to spend money on you, I would either remove these lines altogether or move them to the bottom of the page in footnote-like text. As a customer I don’t know where your location is, should I even bother calling if I can’t see if I am within the 10 mile radius? I would remove the lines stating which packages are eligible for mobile, have the customer ask when you are on the phone and if you can’t do 2-step while mobile, explain that on the phone.

Mobile option is available for smaller jobs, $10 surcharge will be applied if the job is outside a 10 mile radius. Contact for more information.

-Extremely dirty and neglected vehicles may receive an additional charge-
    Since everything is bold you don’t have control over where the customer’s eyes will go to. Under each of your packages you have the “Add $20 for large vehicles”, my eyes see that right away and it takes me away from the value you are going to provide. I would move each of those lines stating the up-charges to the bottom of each section in smaller, non-bold text.

Packages:
    Your packages are confusing for me, putting the “Add $XX for Premium interior detail” adds to the confusion. I would recommend revamping your entire service and package names and wording. Note: be consistent in which tense to use (clean, cleaned, cleaning)

• Express Exterior Detail ($70)
    • 

Express Interior Detail ($70) - should contain the interior items you have already listed for Signature Detail, I would include cleaning nooks and crannies and all surfaces in this package.

• Premium Detail (Exterior + Interior) ($130) should be a simple combination of both of the express options and then you can up-sell the spot removal ($30) and reconditioning seats ($70).
    • Signature Detail ($200) This should be clear that this package adds onto the Premium Detail with exterior plastics dressed, clay bar treatment, 1-step, and wax.

Note: Order the packages in most value to least value. Signature Detail, Premium Detail, Express Exterior Detail, Express Interior Detail
    Note: in the Paint correction/Extreme makeover section, move estimated time below package to be consistent with the rest of the packages.

Make sure to be consistent in the way you name each bullet point from package to package. Use bold sparingly to bring attention to specific points.

Without knowing which service you prefer to do and what service is your top selling it is hard to give you the best advice on wording and setting up your package structure. I hope this helped somewhat. As you notice I raised your prices, seemed a little low to me but depends on your market.

Would love to hear your thoughts on what I suggested and maybe provide some more information on which services you want to do or prefer to specialize in. I hope this helps some!

Start your Auto Detailing Business Today!
    https://www.startautodetailing.com

7. Likes DetailedByPrecision liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StartAutoDetailing View Post
    Overall it looks great, I did not check on mobile but here are my desktop tips for you.

I don’t see a problem with your logo.

Title tag should not say “mysite”, instead should be specific to auto detailing in Cincinnati.

Look into getting a more “professional” email address. You can create a G Suite Business account and get an email address like contact@tullsautodetailing.com.

Gallery:
    A lot of unneeded space shows if looking at 2018 page. Looks like you copied the 2017 page and changed the pictures but the extra space below the pictures came with it.

I wouldn’t even bother with splitting up the images by year. To a customer it looks like you have only done 3 details in 2018 which is probably not the case. I would simply provide images to look through, to a customer it doesn’t matter when you did the work.

Services:
    Your services page probably needs the most work on making it more appealing to the eyes to read.

Having this line at the top is not screaming at me to spend money on you, I would either remove these lines altogether or move them to the bottom of the page in footnote-like text. As a customer I don’t know where your location is, should I even bother calling if I can’t see if I am within the 10 mile radius? I would remove the lines stating which packages are eligible for mobile, have the customer ask when you are on the phone and if you can’t do 2-step while mobile, explain that on the phone.

Since everything is bold you don’t have control over where the customer’s eyes will go to. Under each of your packages you have the “Add $20 for large vehicles”, my eyes see that right away and it takes me away from the value you are going to provide. I would move each of those lines stating the up-charges to the bottom of each section in smaller, non-bold text.

Packages:
    Your packages are confusing for me, putting the “Add $XX for Premium interior detail” adds to the confusion. I would recommend revamping your entire service and package names and wording. Note: be consistent in which tense to use (clean, cleaned, cleaning)

• Express Exterior Detail ($70)
    • 

Express Interior Detail ($70) - should contain the interior items you have already listed for Signature Detail, I would include cleaning nooks and crannies and all surfaces in this package.

• Premium Detail (Exterior + Interior) ($130) should be a simple combination of both of the express options and then you can up-sell the spot removal ($30) and reconditioning seats ($70).
    • Signature Detail ($200) This should be clear that this package adds onto the Premium Detail with exterior plastics dressed, clay bar treatment, 1-step, and wax.

Note: Order the packages in most value to least value. Signature Detail, Premium Detail, Express Exterior Detail, Express Interior Detail
    Note: in the Paint correction/Extreme makeover section, move estimated time below package to be consistent with the rest of the packages.

Make sure to be consistent in the way you name each bullet point from package to package. Use bold sparingly to bring attention to specific points.

Without knowing which service you prefer to do and what service is your top selling it is hard to give you the best advice on wording and setting up your package structure. I hope this helped somewhat. As you notice I raised your prices, seemed a little low to me but depends on your market.

Would love to hear your thoughts on what I suggested and maybe provide some more information on which services you want to do or prefer to specialize in. I hope this helps some!

This is great advice. I’m looking to specialize in paint correction/polish vs simple car washes. I’ll send you a PM. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I was recently ignorant to detailing and I would not have known what results I would get from the different options you are offering. For example, I would have no idea what a clay bar or 1 step polish would do for my car. I think if you want to sell those types of services, you should provide before and after images or something to highlight what those services can do and why I would want to upgrade from one to the next. I think presenting them as an increasing set of value where the difference in cost from one to the next doesn't seem to big, you'll be more likely to convince customers to go up the scale and opt for a higher level of service. I think every service, even the basic level wash should include a free professional detailing inspection.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point. Customers don't always know the lingo. Educate the customer on WHY those services might be needed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read your entire site.

I'm not a pro by any means, but I found the site to be well laid out, concise, and with a nice list of packages.

In my opinion, very nicely done.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I just read your entire site.

I'm not a pro by any means, but I found the site to be well laid out, concise, and with a nice list of packages.

In my opinion, very nicely done.
    Probably honestly better if the critiques are done by regular people and not pros. Because you're our target audience.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast