autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Newbie Member StartAutoDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I don't know how you found his site. I Googled River City Auto Spa and the closest thing I found on the first 3 pages was a blogspot site with 2 pictures. I stopped searching at the end of the third page.
    I guess you did not read my post. I did a search on Google using his exact business name and could not find him.

I just used his web address he commented with originally in his question regarding his ad wording - Ken The Detailer Mobile Detailing Serving all of St. Johns and Duval..

My adwords account looks like this
    Headline 1: Ken the Detailer LLC
    Headline 2: Mobile detailing I come to YOU
    Description: Professional mobile detailing business using only top quality products.
    Webpage address: kenthedetailer.com

That's great! How did you do that? When I go on my google place page and click on the link, the page it gets me to is linked to my account somehow. I will just copy your link for now but would love to know how to get that link without the binding to my own account.
    What exactly are you saying here? In order for anyone to leave a review in Google Places they must have a Google account. So when your customer clicks on the link, they will see their own picture and name. Can you provide a link or a picture of what you are seeing? That should help me to better understand what you are seeing.

Start your Auto Detailing Business Today!
    https://www.startautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you did not read my post. I did a search on Google using his exact business name and could not find him.
    That's why I showed you how I did it with Let Me Google That For You.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! How did you do that? When I go on my google place page and click on the link, the page it gets me to is linked to my account somehow. I will just copy your link for now but would love to know how to get that link without the binding to my own account.
    I don't think you can make the link while logged into the owner's account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    That's why I showed you how I did it with Let Me Google That For You.
    Ahhh ok, I though you were using that Meme that everyone does: Want to know something: Google it. So I quit watching after 4 seconds.... will have a look. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

"I used to keep customers in my contacts and contact them once a month had passed to see if their interested again. I stopped doing that because I felt like 1. If they want my services they have my number and 2 I don’t want to seem like I’m asking them for money."

Lots of good advice here about acquiring new customers. I will comment on the gold mine you are sitting on - your previous customers. I started my small business 14 years ago. I am established, have a good reputation, and rely on repeat business. And if I waited for my customers to call me, my income would be cut in half. As discussed, people are lazy. They won't always contact me, even if they need something. So I contact them, then all they have to do is respond. I do some cold-calling by telephone, but that is inefficient. I work mostly by e-mail. I have an organized system where I contact every customer quarterly by e-mail. I have no qualms about asking customers for business.

Let's say you've worked for 300 different customers over the past few years. You organize their e-mail addresses and contact 25 per week. It will take you 12 weeks to get through them, then you start over. My guess is that you'd get at least one job out of every 25 e-mails you send out. It's an easy thing to do, you can do it at night while watching a movie or a ball game. And it's self-metering. Slow week? You have time to send out more e-mails. Busy week? Don't send out any e-mails.

Good luck, sounds like you're doing pretty well regardless.

6. Likes RiverCityAutoSpa liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.