autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very inconsistent

How long have you been in business? You do these jobs mobile or you have a shop? How long does the average coating take you? That’s good numbers though for sure

Post Thanks / Like

11 years all mobile. I’ll have coatings done is 2 days and had some down in 5 days all based on how much work is required on each vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

This always help also when running a business lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Hey, you also have 3 registered sex offenders. LOL

I'm not the paint police. I'll do what people want me to do even if it's against my recommendation. You're never going to hurt a car giving it a good wash and a good coat of wax. Plus, you get people used to spending a little bit more. Next time it's a little bit more than that.
    I feel the same way. I suggest what I think is best but if they want to do something else, it's their car and I am happy to provide the service they need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    Jesus lol 4500 for a coating? I know some people in my area charge 1000-1500 maybe the top guy charges 1800.

Guess dc has that political cash. I grew up in olney/ Montgomery county. Potomac is where it’s at and Chevy Chase old money.
    When you steal money for a living, you don't know what it's worth and don't mind spending it Remember that quote from Mitt Romney when said the average income in america was 250,000$? These people have no idea LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityAutoSpa View Post
    Well technically 325 with them and nothing. 225 my cash 100 free but I get what your saying. Based on my results of 325 I don’t think at this point in time I can gamble 500 for maybe 2-3 details especially if they want the cheapest package max being 80x3=240. Guess it’s a risk you take as a business
    I will repeat what I said before. It's very likelly your offer or ad that is the culprit, not the ad platform. Making good ads that sell requires skill. If it's the first one you ever did, it was probably very bad from a standpoint of getting people to buy. I know I am bad at it but I am trying to improve. There are two things you can do:
    1. Read and watch videos about how to make effective ads,
    2. Hire someone that knows what he is doing and can get people to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings are the way to make money right now. It's almost 50% of my business now.

I only do 1 day appointments, if I was to do it over 2 days, I would have to re-wash the car and start over the following day so I am no interested in doing that.

My prices start at 400$ for a 2 year coating (McKee's) with no paint correction at all, just prep. This is good to have because people always want the lowest price. So I tell them, when I get there to do the coating, we can look at the paint together and if it needs work I will be able to show you. So what happens 90% of the time is I show up, use a quick detailer to clean a spot on the vehicle, pull out my swirl finding pen and show them how jacked up the paint is. From there I offer to do the original service or do a polishing, very few people choose to do the work without the polishing step. So instead of 400$ it's 529$ or 749$ depending if they want one of two steps of correction.

Also I suggest Aquapel for their windshield, explain it's the same as the coating but it lasts 6 months because of the wipers. 90% of the time, 29,99$ more in my pockets.

Coatings are great, I love applying them and it's very good money. Despite calculating my packages from 40$ per hour rate, I usually make between 50 et 60$ per hour on coating jobs. And that is very low if you compare what you could make with Pro coatings. Thing is, I am mobile and pro coatings are difficult to offer in that setting. Only Optimum would accept mobile details from what I understand, and they require a 1500$ training to qualify, so I passed for this year. Might do it next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Coatings are the way to make money right now. It's almost 50% of my business now.

I only do 1 day appointments, if I was to do it over 2 days, I would have to re-wash the car and start over the following day so I am no interested in doing that.

My prices start at 400$ for a 2 year coating (McKee's) with no paint correction at all, just prep. This is good to have because people always want the lowest price. So I tell them, when I get there to do the coating, we can look at the paint together and if it needs work I will be able to show you. So what happens 90% of the time is I show up, use a quick detailer to clean a spot on the vehicle, pull out my swirl finding pen and show them how jacked up the paint is. From there I offer to do the original service or do a polishing, very few people choose to do the work without the polishing step. So instead of 400$ it's 529$ or 749$ depending if they want one of two steps of correction.

Also I suggest Aquapel for their windshield, explain it's the same as the coating but it lasts 6 months because of the wipers. 90% of the time, 29,99$ more in my pockets.

Coatings are great, I love applying them and it's very good money. Despite calculating my packages from 40$ per hour rate, I usually make between 50 et 60$ per hour on coating jobs. And that is very low if you compare what you could make with Pro coatings. Thing is, I am mobile and pro coatings are difficult to offer in that setting. Only Optimum would accept mobile details from what I understand, and they require a 1500$ training to qualify, so I passed for this year. Might do it next year.
    Hey Calendyr, I would like to PM you about this reply. Any chance to clear your inbox?

Thanks,

Max

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    Hey Calendyr, I would like to PM you about this reply. Any chance to clear your inbox?

Thanks,

Max

just did. keep receiving PMs ��

10. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    When you steal money for a living, you don't know what it's worth and don't mind spending it Remember that quote from Mitt Romney when said the average income in america was 250,000$? These people have no idea LOL
    In all fairness to Romney, Obama said a similar thing when he discussing his plan. He said there would be "Lower tax rates on the first $250,000 of income, affecting 114 million middle class families."

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.